Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,222  
ok, I hear you.
There are lions loose....I keep seeing lions crawling around these pages.
wait til one chews on your pants...

How about a hippo next?
they are pretty mean though
I remain in awe of giraffes.
utterly elegant animal
and a vegan

enough stalling, had to sit down for a bit though after five trips in from rv with bags of food and stuff.
oh my what a lot of leaves greeted me.
I'm headed out now, weather is going to get cold and wet and this afternoon is the best I've got.
I need the exercise anyway.
We must have had at least an inch of rain here yesterday, I saw full ditches driving in.
so unfortunately wet leaves.
that will make the bag a lot heavier.

First I have to blow them out of the beds into the lawn where the machine can suck them up.

and let me take a bow.
Today was a birdie.
Only my second.
I got the rv backed up in two between the two opposing mailboxes instead of a par three.
big smile on my face ending a trip with that.

some kind soul even put bird seed in my feeders. I wonder who...

/ Good morning!!!! #181,223  
ok, I hear you.
There are lions loose....I keep seeing lions crawling around these pages.
wait til one chews on your pants...

How about a hippo next?
they are pretty mean though
I remain in awe of giraffes.
utterly elegant animal
and a vegan

enough stalling, had to sit down for a bit though after five trips in from rv with bags of food and stuff.
oh my what a lot of leaves greeted me.
I'm headed out now, weather is going to get cold and wet and this afternoon is the best I've got.
I need the exercise anyway.
We must have had at least an inch of rain here yesterday, I saw full ditches driving in.
so unfortunately wet leaves.
that will make the bag a lot heavier.

First I have to blow them out of the beds into the lawn where the machine can suck them up.

and let me take a bow.
Today was a birdie.
Only my second.
I got the rv backed up in two between the two opposing mailboxes instead of a par three.
big smile on my face ending a trip with that.

some kind soul even put bird seed in my feeders. I wonder who...
That lion will take care of the mouse problem... You need a big cat for the camper. 😂

/ Good morning!!!! #181,224  
The wife and I came very close to getting mauled by a hippo on the Zambezie river in a rubber canoe.
The guides actually left us, needless to say I did not get a picture, but those teeth are big and scary.
Thanks for sharing these pictures, I miss traveling and these pictures of new places to me are really great to see.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,225  
my mouse issue is greater than I think.
went to pee in toilet and opened top to find a decomposed gross field mouse rotting away in the toilet.
It had pooped all over the place before it died.
ok,how does a mouse get in a closed toilet?

I wonder if this is the Houdini mouse that got in my rv, and he met his fate in the toilet?
hard to believe
I've never found a mouse in a closed toilet, has anyone else?

got all the leaves done, almost a dozen trips to the woods.
now I'm tired...

42 and windy out, I really got chilled being outside

/ Good morning!!!! #181,226  
28F and cloudy @ 15:00, high here today was 37.2F ... probably just after midnight. Current temp is the low. Active Winter Weather Advisory. Heading down to around 21F in the overnight.

Last night I cleaned out a couple of old pieces (42" and 65") of 1/2 black pipe using a brass 12 gauge bore brush, probably a good thing I did:

IMG_3037 copy.jpg

After that I cleaned off all the old pipe dope on the threads and then married the 65" piece to a new 36" piece with a coupling and put 90 degree elbows on the end.

That section is the vertical run on the interior wall from the top of the step to the garage ceiling, section is an 8' 9" run. With the elbows and the coupling I made it with around 1/2" to 3/4" to spare.

Put a 90 degree elbow on the 42" section, to run into the basement just to the right of the door into the kitchen. That 42" section will get screwed into the 90 elbow at the bottom of the vertical run forming a reverse "L". Should be long enough but won't know for sure until I get the hole drilled. No biggie if it isn't ... I can just slide it over so that it makes it inside.

For that reason, I'll wait to cut the boards I'll use as attachment points for the gas line.

Also got the plywood for the electrical sub panel mount stained with some Minwax "English Walnut". Stain looked to have dried out some, was lumpy ... may have not gotten sealed well enough last time it was used. Can is almost empty so NBD.

Got plastic coated wires (dog lead/run) picked up off the floor and boxed up, was a mess ... almost 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back ... lol.

Heater in box pulled a little further back in the garage, got box opened and instructions pulled out so I now have a hard copy (have been working with the digital copies on the computer for planning)

Heater uses a stainless metal thimble with an interior cylinder where the flue passes through the exterior stud wall to keep the hot flue from contacting anything combustible.

Instructions aren't real clear as to whether the perimeter of the thimble flashing should be blocked out with lumber to prevent anything from contacting that interior cylinder that the flue pipe passes through. Walls are currently uninsulated but I plan on blowing in loose cellulose insulation later. Will probably email Mr. Heater for clarification ... but if anyone has any insights feel free to chime in ... :giggle:

The tall step ladder is still out in the garden and it's too cold to mess with getting that inside today so I'm somewhat limited on working on anything high up. Probably wait until Thursday when there's some sun and it warms up to 48F.

The plywood for the electrical panel should be ready to receive a coat of Danish Oil so will get that done, as well as getting the hole drilled for the gas line going into the house.

Maybe get the boards cut to support the gas line as well.

Hopper and tube feeders need refilled.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #181,228  
It's that time of year for the mice and other varmints to seek warmth.

Drew, getting into a closed toilet for a mouse is probably not a big deal.

Off to trap a few in the detached garage. they love it in there :-(

The fox and cats are keeping the population down, but the mice are still winning.
Find nests in the wood piles all the time.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,229  
One person mentions having a mouse problem. Now almost everyone has them. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Good Afternoon Ron,
Isn't that the darndest thing ! ;) Well it is getting colder out Ron, and those little pests are looking for better accommodations !

Went into work for an hour and a half, and painted the rear bumper on the Peterbuilt work truck. Then went to our auto supply place and got a new air filter and two new wiper blades for my pickup ! $44 dollars later, best economy ever, and I am back in business !

Wanted to rotate the tires on the PU, but the aluminum rims are stuck to the cast iron hubs, so that didn't get done today ! Contemplating if I should just go and have it done at a tire facility and pay someone else to do it, rather than struggling with it !

Hope all have a great evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #181,230  
Got word this morning our friend we visited last week passed last night, 79 yrs young.

Spent over 2 hours on hold for Outback tech support. Bad part diagnosed last week approved for replacement and should ship soon.

But my Mate3s that won’t connect online will be replaced but on back order.

Being that we leave for HH in less than 2 hours guess I won’t accomplish much more.