Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,541  
Good morning! Low of 15°, heading up to 45° today. Sunny with high cirrus clouds.

We may get a white Christmas, well maybe a 'pseudo' one...
RNG, that weather system will be getting here on Friday. Depending on which forecast model, we can get rain and snow starting on Friday and going straight through Sunday night, snow being on Sat and Sun night.... so technically Christmas eve.... does that count?

Productive day yesterday, got the open areas on the porch roof closed in.... woodpecker hasn't been back yet... but, the other birds got the hint.

A before and after pic:

View attachment 839065View attachment 839066

Then spent a bit in the shop. Got all the plaques cut, planed, and sanding started. Hopefully, get the rest done today. Wifey is in the kitchen again today, I'll check in occasionally to perform some cleanup committee procedures. I got in trouble yesterday doing QC .... checked too many cookies.
I got birds getting into my barn overhangs, I think via hole at end of the ridge cap.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,542  
Well visit to city hall asking for update on landfill permit was :mad: 2 different help windows 2 different phone numbers to call email sent still no answers 🤬 If no reply by Wednesday I shall request meet with Asst. Manger or City Manger!!!
Just don't throw it over the side of a side road. Officer Obie will get you....

🎶 You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant. 🎶

/ Good morning!!!! #182,543  
I got birds getting into my barn overhangs, I think via hole at end of the ridge cap.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the area at the ridge on the porch side.....
The top purlin is about 1 1/2" away from the ridge, covered by the ridge cap. I am concerned about that space and them building nests, but there isn't much more room up in the cap. Plus it would be very hard for them to get up in there, so my concerns may be unfounded.

Besides, the birds are too busy flying into the shop..... if I leave the door open more than 10 minutes (if I'm not in there), sure enough there's a bird in there that I have to chase out.....

/ Good morning!!!! #182,544  
Productive day 2.... got all the plaques sanded and stained. These plaques will have small metal signs with sayings on them. For example, my GS is into "Vikings", his plaque will have a sign that reads "The Viking code". Has a picture in the background of a Viking.
You get the picture..... one for the son, one for the daughter, one for the wifey. All appropriate to their likes / interests.

Unfortunately, I cannot find my container with an assortment of screw eyes and decorative chain.....
Guess I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow.....

/ Good morning!!!! #182,546  
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the area at the ridge on the porch side.....
The top purlin is about 1 1/2" away from the ridge, covered by the ridge cap. I am concerned about that space and them building nests, but there isn't much more room up in the cap. Plus it would be very hard for them to get up in there, so my concerns may be unfounded.

Besides, the birds are too busy flying into the shop..... if I leave the door open more than 10 minutes (if I'm not in there), sure enough there's a bird in there that I have to chase out.....
I saw on one of the build shows to cut the bottom sides of ridge cap short, then bend down the cap part to block the end hole. You need to plan this up front. I might just spray foam the hole.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,549  
Good evening all. 41ºF for the start, clear sky, Breezy. Light wind, moderate gusts, clear sky, high temp was 60ºF. Putter to start, work on estate, mow leaves, bike ride. No nap, ordered pizza for dinner.
Paul fun link, had not heard that song before.
Dennis hope you had fun at friends house. Is it unusual for traffic to be that light?
Drew hope you can find something to occupy your time.
Ron nice rain and good to hear you were able to conserve energy. Good to hear you feel better, and hope energy cconservation was successful today. Nice pic.
Dennis sorry not much sleep, nice rain amount.
Billy sorry about the wind, it get like that here, can't tell leaf control was attempted, shortly after completion.
Buppies hope n damage from the wind. Nice rain amount, hope pond is up. prayers sent.
NHBX hope you don't lose power. Hope house cleaning went well.
Kilroy hope you got to conserve energy, the rascally couches may plot to interfere with that plan.
Bill hope today went well.
Buppies sorry to hear you are tired today.
Drew good to see lake Drew doing well.
Randy(wag) sorry Penelope playing hard to get. Glad your house guests can play tourist. Sorry clothes line bit the dust, hope you can fixit.
Thomas hope you got land fill permit.
Ken good to hear progress on light ball. tree in landing zone never good :)
Frits glad you got lots of rain. hope you can use up FSA account. Glad no problems from rain runoff. Nice pics
Frits fearsome warrior.
Don sorry about the ice maker acting up. good to hear knee is up for walking that far. Hope you can get through estate boxes soon.
Scott(vt) hope gigt wrapping and putter in garage both went well.
RNG good to hear you are getting more rain. Good to hear more stuff south than north. Sorry about trailer dilema.
Masseyrider hopr you got to conserve some energy.
Lou soggy pic. Sorry about checkout experience.
Paul 3 1/2 inch is lot of rain. Nice flares are working. Hope you got markers out.
Dennis sorry about snowman. Sorry about coming down with something, hope it leaves just as quick.
David sorry about indoor day. Hope HH went well.
Scotty sorry about diesel heater hope you can fix it.
Ted sorry you got in troble for checking too many cookies :) Hope you get your white Christmas.
Scott(vt) hope you don't need the ark.
Thomas sorry no progress on landfill permit. Sorry Scooter decided to help. Hope you enjoyed the football.
Lou sorry about the negative feedback.
Randy(wag) hope you found something interesting.
Dennis sorry about the invading birds
Ted glad progress on plaques. You will find container right after purchasing replacement parts.
Don that is high cedar pollen count.
Dennis hope spray foam works.
Scott(vt) my wife would still have known where I was looking.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,550  
Beautiful pics. Love your dog. He looks proud, distinguished, handsome, and ready to please. My friend here bought 2 of those, and was nice enough to move to cold climate in Colorado so they could be happier.
That looks like some very "earthy" grain type of bread. I'll bet it is good. My friend has case of flared up diverticulitis and he can't eat any seeds or whole grains. Only soft stuff like mashed potatoes and canned veggies, among other things.
He is 50 kg (110 lbs) beast with mindset of puppy
Always ready to cuddle, sit on laps. But 50 kg...
To me most important - no aggression to nobody. OK, not really true, we both don't like cyclists 😁 And fireworks 😁

~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that - week ago really coudnt believe that all that snow will melt soooo fast. Only snow piles pushed by tractor still are here

During this thaw house of neighbor had really impressive icicles. I thought it will end bad and so it was. That big chunk of ice went down together with "wind box" or "roof skirt". Don't know how you call that part - end of roof. If we translate directly then it's "wind box" 😁
Neighbor should have snapped those icicles. OK, at first, if they are "growing" that already is bad signal - heat insulation has to be improved. And if they are there - you should snap them.
That guy is a bit disconnected from earthy businesses. Nice dude, just not that type

Other than that - kids are pulling trough last week of school before holidays.
General public is slowly entering into that Xmas madness. I mean - shopping is a mess now. Actually I too still miss few presents. I always have been that well ahead planning type and now I am messing around till last minute. Kids are asking for PC games, but I will not spend money on those things. Just no

Other than that - all is going on well. Hope it's the same for you