Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,551  
good morning all
up early again, should be a nice clear much colder day here.
have some errands to run down town this morning

tis the season for saying thank you to garbage men and mailman.
trash guy is organized, attached a note on last pickup with envelope
I always wonder if someone steals the money off my cans before Christmas.
maybe smart thing to do is send him a check, he gives his address.

if I were a crook, this is prime time

so the real question is, with current inflation and cost of everything, is twenty bucks still enough?
around here, probably not.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,552  
Drinking cup of hot coffee. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 33° with mix of sun ad clouds. Ended up with 2" of snow yesterday. Took dash apart on tractor. A critter had made a home in there. Cleanup the mess. Did not find any wire damage. Could not get hood off so I can install a switch and wire it. Lubed it. Step arrived in mail. Made a bracket to mount it. Have to drill holes in tractor floor and paint it today.
2E1bc6k.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,553  

maybe less folks will get abused after this law goes in effect.
most of us have had pretty miserable experiences with car dealers.
Our last step is always the Gauntlet Of Financial Death, aka F&I guy who tries to double
the profit on the deal to the dealership.

I told the Audi dealership about eight years ago I was a no no no guy.
They looked at me funny. So I told them when I get to F&I, I wasn't buying anything.
I had already made my deal at 2k under sticker. The challenge was getting out of there with the same
deal in place. I have to admit, the Audi folks were first class.
But oh the stories I could tell over a lifetime of buying cars/trucks from largest dealer in Doylestown.
Two guys own all the dealerships in town, and the dominant one has a business model that is clearly abusive.
I'll never buy from his dealerships again. You can tell because the sales approach at the Cadillac dealer is just like the approach
at the Hyundai dealer. Windshield etchings "pack'd" on, the 600 dollar "protection package", etc etc. So much phony "mandatory" options, none
of which offer good value to the consumer, and most are complete ripoffs.
If you don't get them to drop the price of the extended warranty by a third, you get beat up there.

maybe this legislation will help. Some folks don't want gov't intervention, say make your own deal and tough luck if a bad one.
Personally I'm happy for some oversight here. We all need cars and I think the dealer model needs a serious overhaul.

the Feds came down on Harbor Freight for deceptive advertising and made them make big changes. For a while I would not buy from HF because
their pricing was so deceptive and confusing. It's gotten better now and I think the Fed oversight helped.

I'm sure car agencies will work hard on getting around any new restrictions.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,555  
37° now highs in the mid 40’s with a mix of sun and clouds, winds WSW 5-10 mph.

Yesterday was certainly interesting, 3.75” rain with quite a few wind gusts near 50 mph. Got really lucky and power stayed on other than a few flickers 👍. Going to be plenty of pick up sticks to do after it dries up a bit. A lot of damage throughout the state with wind and flooding. Looks like the weather will cooperate at least in SE NH.

IMG_0154.jpeg

No white Christmas this year.

We did manage to get the house cleaned and a few decorations put up, I’m not feeling quite as grinchy lol.
Not sure what today will bring just take it as it comes.

Prayers for those dealing with the latest round of storms
Stay safe everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #182,556  
33F partly cloudy sky low 40's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...8 hours at part store after that :unsure:.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,557  
28 going to 45 but windy. Since chill factor at 9F this morning in mountains, delayed that planned hike.

Had a good morning at Costco yesterday. My wife had a list of things to pick up, but I could tell she was still not feeling good, and had plenty she wanted to do readying the house for guests. Decided if I got there before opening, I could be out in a jiffy...So filled up at the gas pump (2.59), parked (had most of the lot empty), stood at the door a few minutes until they opened (15 minutes early) had a full cart ($351) and checked out by 10AM, which is their published opening time.

Got home in time to walk about and check out the rain/minor flood impacts at the creek and roast 3 batches of coffee for Christmas gifts.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,558  
good morning all
up early again, should be a nice clear much colder day here.
have some errands to run down town this morning

tis the season for saying thank you to garbage men and mailman.
trash guy is organized, attached a note on last pickup with envelope
I always wonder if someone steals the money off my cans before Christmas.
maybe smart thing to do is send him a check, he gives his address.

if I were a crook, this is prime time

so the real question is, with current inflation and cost of everything, is twenty bucks still enough?
around here, probably not.
When we lived in the inner city, we would always run out when the truck came down the street and hand them a case of beer..

/ Good morning!!!! #182,559  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

17.0F might not get out of the 30s, low humidititidy sunny day, hopefully things have dried up enough to take dogs for a walk up the woodlot.

Good energy conservation day yesterday, but excessive high winds negated sauna session last night. It is one thing to come out into frigid air (since I don’t have a dunk tank or pond) but another thing entirely to begin frigid air and 30+mph gusts!

today is some admin running around, hairscut, some minor shopping.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,560  
27 out side wind chill 17 snow squalls last night none on ground. After car service went to lunch then to Willian’s Sonoma got her three frying pans, then visit friend in Winston Salem ate dinner at Nobles got home 11:45 wind buffeted car all the way, snow squall in Boones Mill

Thomas about 6 inches

Prayers for all our Country