Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,571  
New car buying is the worst. When you are talking about the price ask for the out the door price. That way they can't addon a bunch of extras when you sign the papers.
Now days I buy slightly used. Let somebody else take that depreciation hit.
In the past when I sat down in the closers room I started with an apology. I'm sorry I understand your job is to sell extras but I'm not buy 1 extra thing.
I got my golf cart conversion running yesterday, works good - go pedal as smooth as butter. Plenty of power and speed enough. Put the rear body back on and went for a ride. Ordered a new seat and shocks. Just need a roof and a cargo box to finish.
Hope you all have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG
    715.3 KB · Views: 51
   / Good morning!!!! #182,572  
Part of I 70 was shut down from a truck accident. Apparently knocking down a scaffold and causing 12 car crash

Also women fell down from cliff on AT north of Harpers ferry and had to be rescued by helicopter hoisting her up
HarpersFerryRescue3.jpg

One of my friends used to fly a MSP helicopter like that.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,573  
My worst car buying experience was buying the elantra for my son. I had negotiated back and forth by email. they had given me an "out the door" price that I agreed to. Went with son to get it. they brought out paperwork showing $1K more (or something around $1k). I'm like, This isn't the price we agreed on. She replied, you didn't qualify for all the rebates. I said, You said it was this price, and she replied, you didn't read the fine print. I exploded on her, and walked out of the dealership making sure others heard me. Embarrassed my son, but you can't let them pull these games. I ended up getting an Elantra for even less than that price from a dealer in N. Va. One nice thing about this area, there are LOTS of car dealers. Like when I bought the subaru, local dealer wouldn't negotiate lower, I got one in Baltimore. That dealer was close to where I worked.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,575  
65°F and .19 inches rain

Wx forecast looks to be continuation of yesterday wet.

Pool pump replacement came in. Do I have the necessary fittings? Doubtful. And pretty sure the electric connection will need to be extended. Hopefully I get that sorted out, maybe even installed.

Happy Hour another good time. 27 folks. Some start to scatter today. Arkansas friends go back home. Plenty good food.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #182,576  
Will put the replacement fuel pump in the chinese diesel heater today.
Original pump intermittent then just quit after sitting this summer?
Replacement was a $10 Walmart item. Hope it fixes it. Rain coming tonight.
Update the new pump fixed the heater - whoo hoo

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,577  
Arkansas friends go back home. Plenty good food.
About where in Arkansas they from? Always curious since I used to go there a lot when the boys were in school there. BTW, School that my son's attended just won the Div2 Football Championship last saturday.

Dentist did cancel my appointment, rescheduled for a month from now.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,578  
Here's a write up from wikipedia, of power plant in WV. My friend was the helicopter pilot that rescued the 3 from the top of the 1000 ft high stack in 2006. These stacks can be seen from our farm over 13 miles (as crow flies) away.
---------------------------------------------------
Mitchell Power Plant is a large coal fired power station located on West Virginia Route 2 south of Moundsville, West Virginia, United States.

It has a 1,206-foot (368 m) tall chimney, which was built in 1971. This smokestack was once the tallest in the world for a short period of time. As of 2013 it is the sixth tallest, and still the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern United States.

A second 1,000 foot tall smokestack was built in 2006 to comply with emission regulations. On March 6, a fire broke out at the top of the new stack trapping several construction workers just as they were finishing the installation of the stack's fiberglass liner. Three of the workers were rescued by helicopter evacuation; a fourth worker at the site, Gerald Talbert, died from the accident.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,580  
Good Evening Guys,
Little puttering out in the garage, got the lathe motor mounted and also found a 40” V belt to drive the spindle ! Also checked to see if the headstock spindle and my new center in the tailstock lined up ! Certainly good enough for a wood lathe !

When we are up in Vermont over the holidays I will try and mill up the stock for the front legs on the rocker. I will bring them home and try and turn the tapered sections !

I don't even know what etched glass is, so I've never had that.
Dennis, they etch the VIN # on all the windows in the vehicle!

Have a good evening ! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpeg
    IMG_3693.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50