Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,611  
The volcano outbreak in Iceland is pretty spectacular. They hope it will subside soon without major damages

View attachment 839330
Yeah !
Have been there 2 times. Wifey is totally in love with that island

Geysir
12FCFAFA-D5DB-42A7-82E6-659033297500_1_105_c.jpeg

Smallest daughter and cool ride
1A54A305-413E-42DD-B258-BF9F38E5BDA6_1_105_c.jpeg

This is very near of THAT spot, where now is boiling. Wife relaxing :)
90B4D942-180D-4B42-85CE-976324C7E143_1_105_c.jpeg

BTW a lot of turisto americano there

/ Good morning!!!! #182,612  
Over the past year there has been a shortage of used cars. I test drove a 2017 Ford Transit with 40K+ miles on it (out of warranty) that the dealership wanted 5K over the original MSRP. The used Toyota Prius a few years old was more than a new one, but you couldn't find a new one on any dealer's lot. The situation is better now that some of the supply chain problems are getting worked out, but car prices are still at stratospheric levels. It also doesn't help that interest rates on car loans have doubled.

The CarEdge site lets you look up how many days a given vehicle has been on the dealer's lot. The van I purchased had been sitting for three months, probably because it had so many options on it. Most I wanted, one or two I'd have really liked to have but they weren't on it. I got enough of a discount below MSRP so at least I wasn't paying for the couple of options I really didn't want that were on there anyway. I paid cash; the dealer wanted a couple of points over what I could get at a local credit union.

I was also willing to travel, even out of state, for the right deal. That greatly expanded the number of vehicles I could consider. And again, the CarEdge website's search tools made finding the needle in a haystack pretty easy.
I bought a Transit 250 van in 2016 with 5 cyl diesel. It has been a great van! I got the mid height ( nearly 6ft tall inside) and extended length. Not sorry we got it. That was the last new vehicle I bought myself. Since then I bought a few used ones, mostly for fun. I did buy myself a used diesel beetle last year for a run around car. Great mileage for errands and such.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,613  
Scootr, I loved my diesel Golf, just fine to drive.
my first experience with DCT, not such a smooth device at low speed but boy could
it kick off the shifts under power. That little diesel was wonderful, dealer was awful.

headed downtown with drone to see if I can get any pics of Delaware River flooding/up high.
nice sunny day, should be good for this.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,614  
Great pictures. Our daughter loves Iceland and she has visited twice as well. Interesting history and association with Denmark as well. Old sagas makes for interesting read
Have read mind-blowing story about their punishment system.

Normally bad behaving guys are locked in. But not there
For them next to capital punishment was ... exile. Only really tough guys could survive year in the wild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this guy.
Eurovision, where everybody are shiny in silk and gold
:ROFLMAO: :love:

/ Good morning!!!! #182,615  
Good morning! Low of 27°, heading to 45°. A30-40% chance of a few sprinkles later. No snow predicted for today... that's coming this weekend. The "chances" are up at 90% for Saturday. Amounts are still undecided.

Dennis, hope you get over the crud quickly, prayers sent for your BIL.....a trifecta! That can't be good.

Wng, hope the wifey gets better soon. Nice pic through the trees.

Bruce, sorry no bike ride. Hope you find the paperwork today.

Don, sorry about the knee pain.... I can definitely sympathize.

Drew, sounds like (literally) a great upgrade to the sound system. Enjoy!

RNG, have a safe trip back down south. Make sure you leave a window or door open so we get the precipitation this weekend......

I went out and cut the last plaque last evening. I'll get it sanded and stained today. Wifey is still making holiday treats, so clean up committee duties intermittently.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,618  
Buckeye, that's a lot of risk factors for BIL, hope good antibiotics clears him up

I've seen quite a number of older folks wearing masks in supermarket.
You just don't want to be 85 with COPD and get SVR. (VCR? SVC? :unsure: )

took my drone pics, will look at later, nippy down by the River, and then stopped at orchard for more apples.
now back downtown to nicer supermarket to try to find something to bake that is healthy
have old friends coming for tea, I'll likely cheat and find something in the bakery.
but one is super healthy and let's say a glazed donut is not going to be on the menu

/ Good morning!!!! #182,619  
and before I left I see an email from UPS saying my order from O&H Danish Bakery is coming tomorrow.
Since I didn't order it, looks like someone else did, so guess I'll have backup. Gift from someone.

reminds me of a funny memory.
Guy who I liked very much used to own my farm in NC, older guy, not well, we bonded wonderfully,
and he had an uncle or some relative that clearly did not know he had died.
So for five straight years I got some Danish pastry ring and drove it over to another relative who lived nearby.
For three years, I wrote notes on the Danish to please get the address changed.
On the fifth year I said that was enough.
I guess it was time to become a Scrooge.
So my note said it was the last time I was doing it.

Sixth time I ate the danish myself. :cool:

Very rich, heart attack food.\
No danish for seventh Christmas.

maybe it's coming back to haunt me?....

/ Good morning!!!! #182,620  
Respiratory Syncytial Virus

Apparently antibiotics don't have much effect on viruses.

Our local post office has a sign on the door recommending masks inside the facility. I don't see many masks when I am out and about.

Chris