Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,931  
Morning all, 37 going to 42 and hopefully the rain will stop.
Yesterday in light rain, let the kid drive all the way on the highway to his concert.
The last for School of Rock, they have done a lot for him, but he has his own bands and he has to focus in school.
A bunch of our friends showed up and the place was packed, mostly with families and the locals from the area.

Didn't get anything else done. But did make a shepherds pie for dinner.

BEF - hanging would be easy if the panels didn't weigh so much and so hard to cut and I am working around all the wall mounted items that would we difficult at best to move.
I am not doing the finish, the sheetrock is more to get to code as the foam core is quite easy to catch fire, why I am using fire rated sheetrock instead of regular.
Moving 70 pound sheets is hard, plus all the cutting takes a lot more work as 2-3 runs with a blade and the density of the rock makes it hard to break. For short pieces it's actually easier to use the jab saw.
If I ever do decide to mud it, I'll have my cousin come down, he does walls for a living.
I could have done regular sheetrock in half the time, or less.
Moving the items in the garage around also takes almost 50% of the time as we have little storage space.
That and all the other projects happening in parallel, and then sick time. I am slow and some days just can't do more work.

Feel better Buppies.

be well,

The stage at Broken Goblet Brewing was the one used in Philly for the Bowie Spider tour. Not quite sure how they pulled that one off, but it's one of the nicest stages in the area.

Another project is for the Band dads to build stages for the summer concerts. We have one that they use now, I need to build one for here and help build one at another house.
So we will have 3 stages at three houses for them to play gigs.

20240128_151103.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,932  
Good Morning
36° and mostly overcast, but some blue is visible. High of 40 and no precipitation.
Yesterday was a terrible day to be outside, cold rain and drizzle all day.
Didn’t get a lot done, updated the databases in the little plane, did some troubleshooting on the remote switch to activate the engine heater. It’s a cellular device, didn’t work in the hangar, but worked fine when I brought it home. The only difference other than location was the antenna I used. The hangar has an external antenna, I suspect that it was damaged when the water blasted and painted the roof. I’ll bring it back to the hangar and install the new antenna today, hopefully that will make it happy.
Played music with a group of excellent musicians that I never played with before, it was a bit humbling. I didn’t know most of what they played, but there was a lot of bluegrass and country which was very predictable. There was two guitars, mandolin and fiddle, and great singers with perfect harmonies. I was totally blown away with the version of the John Prine / Iris Dement duet “In Spite of Ourselves” when the woman singing Iris’ part just nailed it. At any rate, I had a great time, and they want me to come back, so at least I faked it convincingly.
Not a lot planned for today, put the remote switch back in the hangar, stop at the other airport to check on the construction and a bit of work in the shop, and of course whatever else pops up.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,933  
Morning all;
I guess it's about time I get going and do something, right wrong or whatever.
Not good weather this weekend or this morning 30F out now, frost is all out of the ground. And
we got 5-6" of heavy wet snow on top of thawed driveway after it quit raining.. It's going to be a fun morning
shoveling this heavy wet crap and then doing something to the driveway so we don't end up with a bob sled run down the hill. That gets expensive awful fast.
Then my nephew called Saturday had a cylinder on the Puma's loader start leaking badly, seal kit from CIH $192 going to check with a local shop this morning.
So lots to do and no gumption to get going, did finish my breakfast so that is a start. Had a biscuit sausage and egg sandwich it was so good and went down so fast I had a second along with cup #3 of coffee be lots of stopping later on when I'm outside.

Everyone stay safe and get well
Have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,934  
not a fun morning
endodontist thinks sooner or later I need to yank the tooth and get an implant.
I could buy a nice used car for that...:confused:

then went to supermarket and stocked up with my big coupon.

learned something about chains this morning.
I did not know big trucks can have automatic chain systems installed.
I wonder if someone could jury rig a tractor version????

watched a heavy wrecker on YT using these in Canada recently. Used them on inside wheel, and regular chains on outside wheel.
So only puts the regular chains on in very bad conditions.
has anyone driven a big truck with auto chains?

some of our school busses and fire trucks had what I think are autosanders?
trains of course use sand regularly to get grip.

push a button on your dash and the chains employ.
likely done after you get stuck...

/ Good morning!!!! #184,937  
29F cloudy winds kicking up mid 30's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)

Plans for today...Got call from work asking me if I could work 4 hours this morning due to lack of drivers...Yup,Got the door early this morning clean 3 roofs walks 3 roofs and plow the driveway of 4"snow.

Afternoon plans...clean snow from house roof than numb for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your day all.
Sounds like a good busy day Thomas!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,938  
Good luck with that molar.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm actually doomed.

going to order one of these rv a/c enhancers, has gotten good press online.
my single a/c unit won't get below 80 in sun in S Florida.
am hoping this will help, plus be a little quieter.
I want to keep my cool in Texas in early October...

what is annoying is that the oem builder should have done this from the beginning.
better motorhomes with more sophisticated ducting don't need this.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,939  
Good Morning!!!! 58F @ 7:30AM. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 74F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Yep, that's one thing... well two things that I DO remember --- used to fill a 5 gal can with gas for under $1.50. The engines were $1.50 for a 3 pack, and that included the igniters and wadding!
I remember ordering direct from Estes, as the local hobby shops marked them up horribly. There wasn't much extra cash laying around for a student on a budget in those days. They came in tubes, each holding three engines. I remember getting igniters in the package, but not wadding. And eventually just getting a roll of nichrome wire for an even better deal on the engines.
RNG, I would like to thank you for guiding me down the YouTube rabbit hole...... there are a bunch of crazy rocket builders out there.... with WAY too much money....
Yeah, but how many of them are a former Miss Universe? She has another video where she launches her MU tiara on a weather balloon to 120,000...

Good buddy came over yesterday afternoon and we headed out on the e-bikes for some exercise and exploring. Waller Park on the west side of Santa Maria is huge, with beautiful green lawns, a couple of ponds with ducks and geese, baseball diamonds and basket ball courts, and bordered by a couple of golf courses. We used back roads and bike paths to get there, tooled around the various roads and paths in the park, took a break to watch the squirrels chase each other, then headed home for a tri-tip dinner. Temps were in the mid 70s, perfect t-shirt weather for cycling. Both bikes ran fine and had plenty of charge left over at the end of the day. Now just need to get one of those pulley setups so I can get the bike up and out of the way when it's not being used. Anybody installed one they like?

Got a little more schlepping to finish off today, and the Xfinity tech is supposed to be here sometime between 9-11 AM. Might get around to installing CO and smoke alarms, otherwise not sure what the day will bring.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start.