Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,081  
anybody have the costco greenhouse. Almost $1400 for 6.7 ft x 7.8 ftView attachment 849681
I saw one at the beginning of last spring.... next time I went in (1week), it was gone. From what I saw, very well made. I had priced out getting raw materials for the same size.... almost $2K. But, material prices are still crazy.
And that was for all pressure treated. As I recall, the 1/2" thick "windows" were very pricey!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,082  
I am thinking of sleeve anchors (red head) for my shelves instead.
They are much bigger though at 3/8 vs the Tapcon 3/16 or 1/4
I looked at the red head anchors at HD, too, and thought they'd be too big for the job. I eventually found the lead sleeve anchors I'm used to using, but they didn't carry any small ones, and I probably have a drawer full of 'em up north. But the TapCons just seemed too easy to be any good, but after hearing all the endorsements from you guys, I think I may give 'em a try.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,083  
I did wipe it clean, but will check again.
Next time it happens will also check cap
If it's a plugged breather on the fuel tank lid, listen for a sucking sound when you slowly unscrew the fuel cap next time it happens.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,084  
What would be terrible is if the scammers figured out to hack into the brain-connected implant chip that Elon Musk's company implanted into someone recently. The future for this technology is promising for disabled folks.
You are right about that. It is great new tech for disabled folks though. Hope no scammers think bout messing with them.

Many of the big, popular National Parks are now requiring reservations just to enter the park, due to popularity.
Some of our Texas state parks are requiring reservations now. One especially is Enchanted Rock SP Enchanted Rock State Natural Area — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

That was a really interesting Video @ronjhall Thanks for posting it.

Everyone have a safe, comfortable and well-fed evening! Prayers for all and our Nation.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,085  
I looked at the red head anchors at HD, too, and thought they'd be too big for the job. I eventually found the lead sleeve anchors I'm used to using, but they didn't carry any small ones, and I probably have a drawer full of 'em up north. But the TapCons just seemed too easy to be any good, but after hearing all the endorsements from you guys, I think I may give 'em a try.
I find the TapCon screws to work well in dense material where there is no movement. They will fail in asphalt or soft block. Or any application where there is any movement like a hinge or such. When you buy a box be sure to read the drill size and pic up a few extra, no way the one the give you will last very long. GL

/ Good morning!!!! #185,086  
Good evening all. 41ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind, sky was mostly clear, and high temp was 73ºF. Men's meeting to start the day, then bike ride, and had a friend along. Trip to town for lunch, drop papers at lawyer's office, and grocery shopping. Short nap, diner at Mexican restaurant. Still need to cook meatloaf.
Dennis prayers for your friends.
Ron you had a big day yesterday, house clean laundry done. And got the snow under control and repaired a mounting bracket. Really neat pic.
Ron thanks for the link to the wrecks
Billy sorry about tax info 2 days in a row.
Bill hope town run was successful.
NHBX hope you didn't get a lot of tree damage. Hope no negative feed back from Mrs.
Mike glad no emergency.
Kyle good to hear problem found on CNC mill found and corrected. Good luck with plasma table, hope file not too big with serial comm.
Buppies hope stomach and Cancer surgeries are healing. prayers sent.
Thomas use anything special for driveway grit?
Don glad to hear house is closed, and you have graduated from PT.
RNG no tapcon experience. Hope travel and loading go well next few days.
Billy thanks for explanation of old Rag permit.
Scott(vt) glad diner was good, I wouldn't mind a beach pic as well.
Ken that is neat about your son.
Scott(vt) love the pics!
Plowhog sorry about having to drive with idiots in those conditions. Nice pic
Ted hope you get some rain on Friday. In Missouri the fees went into the general fund so parks got no more money :( Sorry about the forecast off for today.
Drew sorry about the discount cap :(
David sorry about stalling issue. Is there an air leak in fuel line?
Drew sorry engine cover not insulated yet. Good to hear another mouse will not live in RV. Nice garden pic.
Dennis no green house here.
Bill glad you made back from North Bay and no police issue.
Frits glad you were able to replace thermostat in tractor.
Randy(wag) glad town run good. Good to hear batteries were replaced. Enjoy the seat time cleaning up paddock.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,087  
Three sixteenth steel plate used to make slip frame used to add doors in existing jails concrete walls we used what they called redheads installed numerous frames and doors

Nice greenhouse Drew

Cool repainting old tractor love the old iron

Feel some better but until surgery on parathyroid I will stay tired can break bones if I fall

Local police and state troopers haunting school zones not a bad thing just stay aware. Cold stormy still coming 13 February on it’s on we shall see

All have a great evening

/ Good morning!!!! #185,089  
Good morning !

For beginning - thaw, +2 ... 4 C, windy here, in Riga
Just week ago was teaching kids how to skate
FECF58A2-5AF2-4D18-A929-A26C0EEAC007_1_105_c.jpeg

Now all snow / ice has gone

Just hope at my "rancho" cold holds a bit better, still have to go "fishing" for some rather pricey birch logs. Better do that on frozen than in mud

~~~~~~~~

Electricians is showing great progress
From this
7AD14683-6370-4A51-BAD8-0A0F77895C05_1_105_c.jpeg

6D35EC65-06BE-4D3D-BF1A-3E3B044FC55B_1_105_c.jpeg

to this (today)
9D45DBC1-3225-4027-A1DC-2B3B77EDD132_1_105_c.jpeg

There are some "smart house" components already inside, some working in manual mode. But still a lot to do, cabinet on right is for actual "smart things", absolutely empty. Plan is to manage all lights, blinds, ventilation in fully automatic. Also access control, video goes there. Heating - half auto, actually not that much to manage there as I have underfloor (you might notice collector on the right)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plans for today. Exited, maybe finally will meet daughter of one of TBM-GM thread member. Was planned already yesterday, but she was so busy with things [Russia's War On Children], meetings with VIPs etc. Will see 🤞

Late evening - go with wife to cinema. Loyalty program of her favorite grocery shop give free tickets to Argylle. Not so big enthusiast on that style, but still, could be worse :D

That's about it.
Everyone have a great day!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #185,090  
23°F now, highs around 40°F and cloudy again today, winds SW 5-10 mph. Could see some patches of freezing fog early am.

No real plans for today, do need to pick up some branches that came down and add to the burn pile, maybe light that up if I get really ambitious (doubtful).

Helo, nice pics and good looking installation of controls enclosure.

Buppies, prayers you continue to feel better.

Mostly, not to much tree damage the winds stayed light. Warmer temps today should help clear the snow off the trees.

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy