Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,351  
Prepping for a massive rain storm... brought some firewood in. Stacked more in the barn.
Ordered full set of filters for the 773 Bobcat. Needs service before spring. Need to give some love to that V2203-E Kubota 4 banger. It's a workhorse. Will piddle around and much of nothing today (y)

Frits, sorry for your family's traumatic loss. So sad when a youth takes their life. Shocking really to us older folks who know how small the problems of their youth will seem to them when they too get old.
Life is a test of our will. Sometimes it is a pass or fail.
May she rest in peace... and be forever young.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #185,352  
Scootr, batten down the hatches
my sister in Muir Beach sent me a video of the surf and I captured this pic
pretty wild

Attachments

• wild surf.jpg
    wild surf.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #185,354  
Scootr, batten down the hatches
my sister in Muir Beach sent me a video of the surf and I captured this pic
pretty wild
I hear ya. I had 2 big trees severely trimmed next to the house last week. Glad I got er done... expecting 60-70 mph winds with driving rain. Looks like those winds are already wiping up the surf. All the good stuff is in the barn. We are supposed to get it tonight. Sunny reasonably warm and some moderate wind now.
Muir Beach looks beautiful.
Sister has a place in Sea Ranch a little north of SF.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,355  
   / Good morning!!!! #185,358  
Tyler, TX.
I'll be coming into Texas from NM and Amarillo, coming down past Dallas on the West side. Tyler is pretty far to the East, right in line to Michigan.
Not sure I'll get near there. I want to drop down and see the Texas coast and then head to New Orleans.

I pretty much pick rv campgrounds about 3 hours drive from the last one, so where I stay is flexible in Texas. Though distances there stretch to four hours.
some of you guys might suggest a somewhat central place where more than one or two of us can get together.
Knowing that someone has to come get me. I could easily stay in Austin for several days. On the way home, unless something comes up, I'm just not going to rush. 7 weeks planned, I'd take another week if need be.

am trying to stay at more state/local parks. As long as they have power and water, I'm fine. I don't need full hookups every stop.
can save a lot of money that way. Though I do try to find an "extra nice" place occasionally, usually on the water. There are some very fancy rv places out west, my little 29 footer might not qualify. Some are for diesel pushers only. And many say over ten years old rig, go elsewhere, stay among
the unwashed second raters. .. Though if you have a shiny 40 footer, no matter how old (Prevost, Newell, Newmar) one can usually get in.

going to get a 70 quart supplementary freezer to put in living room of rv, under the table.
that way if someone just happens to send me home with too much outstanding Texas barbecue, the freezer will be ready.
Now which one of you Texans are going to show me what good barbecue is?...
Don, you and I will go out for a vegan lunch or dinner. This will be second week in October. Don't go cruising then...

texas.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,359  
Ted, we need to talk about routes going North once I get off 40.
I can go further to other side of Albuquerque but first week in October,
do I have to worry about snow there? do I need to stay on big road 75 or
what about those smaller roads 14, 41 and 285?

funny there is a route 66 rv park in your home town, and I'm staying at route 66 park on other side of
Albuquerque. I can come to Edgewood, but then do I backtrack or take the scenic byway?
just HOW scenic?....

Albuquerque.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #185,360  
33F clear sky.

Been lazy day,took good hike on couple well travel deer paths hoping to find antler sheds came up empty,notice south sides snow level 3 to 4 inches many bare spots,ground was muddy or slow tricking water. :unsure:

Plans for the even zero to none.

Enjoy your evening all.