Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,391  
Good Morning Guys ,
Deerfield Beach, 59 to start going to 65 !
Some showers this morning, not one of our better days ! Actually yesterday turned out ok, the sun did come out later in the afternoon ! We leave here very early on Thursday morning. All in all we had pretty nice weather while here !

😳

GM Bill ! Glad you got that figured out ! The prices of stuff these days are mind boggling!

Drew, will be looking forward to your cross country excursion! It will be like reading John Steinbecks novel in real time ! I have to admit, that Texas BBQ has my attention!

Finished two complete books down here ! Don’t think I will start another ! I hardly ever read at home so that was an accomplishment for me ! 😉

Hope all have a blessed and safe day !
dealer told me the new fan was $610.oo + tax + shipping. Relay fixed it for $10.oo

/ Good morning!!!! #185,392  
29 high of 54 dry till Friday only showers then. Lots of storms out west patter will switch soon move to eastern half of country. This will happen as far as precipitation and types have to get closer. The hype masters are at it again Armageddon

Continued prayers for m7040 family, wngsprd wife and MIL, plowhog, all others I missed

Never got them mostly

/ Good morning!!!! #185,393  
GD played in a HS play yesterday together with her friend. Her friend killed herself yesterday after the performance,
She is devastated
She was very popular
Howard county school system is pretty good so there should be counseling available
She is with some of her class mates supporting each other and with us and kids providing support
sorry to read this ☹️

~~~~~~~~~

Lot of snow today, but T is above freezing
Forecast says T will go down soon and remain negative (C) for a week, so I am fighting snow. Till now I am winning

Lazy weekend, or speaking TBN language - energy conserving 😁
Watched mini-series on Netfilix - Griselda. Another story about great Colombian entrepreneurs
Cant stop thinking - what drives those guys ? That Griselda had few nice opportunities to step out of that spiral with lot of cash. But choose to stay and play the game. Is there a [silly] hope they can win that game ? Or just greed ?
Please get me right, I don't feel sorry for them, they got what deserved. just curious.

~~~~~~~

Tesla's heater is kaput. Mine is preFL, with resistive heater (PTC). Now I am driving around like one of those morons who literally try to conserve energy at cost of comfort. Foggy windows etc. But yeah, consumption e.mpg is low 😁
Service promised to take in car already at Wednesday. (y)
Estimation - 1k (n)

That's about it. Take care

/ Good morning!!!! #185,395  
Good Morning.
It’s 33 with a high of 45 forecast and a brilliant, cloudless sky.

Yesterday was used up with the trip and all day wait in Ogdensburg. We considered crossing the St Lawrence into Canada, but unless we went to Ottawa there wasn’t any real difference from the US side of the river.
So we drove around and checked out the neighborhood, which is largely in a state of decline. Browsed a Harbor Freight and a Tractor Supply, but nothing came home with us.

The highlight was when the airport workers took us for a tour of their snow removal equipment.
IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

That truck has rear wheel steering and a mid mounted blade that comes down as well. The blade is 22 feet wide, and they tow the Cat powered broom behind it. The broom has a huge blower as well.

Other than that it was a pretty unremarkable day.

Tomorrow, I actually have to take my suitcase out of the house. Going to Jacksonville, spending the night, then going to Mansfield, OH where we will have to wait for a few hours and then head home.

So today, I’ll have to make sure my bag is packed before I get sidetracked. I have to replace the metal deck on the rear of the Progressive mower, I have a piece of stainless all cut out, but it’s just too wet to pull the mower around to the shop to remove the rear deck. I should have done it while the ground was frozen. Hopefully I’ll get another chance, or it will dry out before spring.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,396  
Was 26 when out feeding birds...working its way up to 53. Had a deer walk up close the window I'm sitting by a few minutes ago...rare for here...most local deer are very shy due to dogs and hunting.

Had a pretty productive day so far.

1st crocus of the year opened yesterday...a few days earlier than last year.

20240204_110645.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,397  
I have a 1995 ATV that I bought (not running) about 20 years ago, when I lived in Illinois. I fixed it up and it still ran fine (after I got here 3 years ago). I'm gonna see if it still does. The grandson has a dirtbike, which I can follow around. There are some good offroad "parks" around, but Iowa requires registration/title etc... before they allow you to ride it anywhere off your own place. I still (somehow) have the old bill of sale, but nothing else. There are needed prior owner info, forms, affidavits, photos, bonding to get the thing legal. Geez, they take legal ownership SERIOUSLY here. Might be more trouble than it's worth, for this. Maybe I'll just buy a new $13k+ UTV...