Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,101  
Good (Good Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.2C and it's presently dipped down to 9.8C (then heading to 22C), clear & calm.

I got the mowing around the house/driveway done, then decided to top up the windscreen washer (water + anti-bug solution). That was followed by remembering to clean the inside of the windscreen... I always forget to do that the next day after driving at night and seeing that it needs to be done.

The Maundy Thursday service went well and, it turns out that one of our elderly parishioners is a retired plumber who may have a fitting to repair the Church Hall water leak. We'll talk & assess the situation after this morning's Good Friday service. He'll 'instruct' me on how to replace the fitting when it comes time to do it.

So, I'm off to Church in about a half hour.

That's about it, take care all.
Wagtail a temporary fix that has worked well for me is to cut out a piece of tire inner tube and place it over the leak with a hose clamp to put pressure on it. Just in case you want to delay the permanent fix

/ Good morning!!!! #188,103  
funny, here's Wagtail way out of our time zone...and I've been thinking about time zones for my trip.
Never been through so many consecutively. Will have to reset my watch a lot. And I'm getting there an hour earlier
than planned. Since some campgrounds charge you a lot if you get there early, I have to be more careful.
8000 miles
62 nights

I really should get the oil changed somewhere along the line.
Not so easy to do in a motorhome, most Ford dealers won't deal with me.
And no campgrounds I've seen allow you to work on your engine there.
I really don't want to put that many miles on that oil, full synthetic or not.
Maybe some place in Texas.
I'm betting my oil will be mighty tired by the time I get to Texas...

had a very nice pre-Easter dinner at my brother's locally with his daughter and full family.
Two small boys, oh my were they loud. My ears are ringing still. But cute kids and I brought them both
small chocolate bunnies and their mom an assortment from Pierre's chocolate in New Hope. It's good stuff.
That went over well.

My brother said he was getting his C8 Corvette back from shop tomorrow after getting a small wing put on.
ok....but hopefully he will come give me a ride. Will sure be wearing my soft collar riding in that because I know he will floor
it at some point. I've never been in anything that goes to 60 in 2.9 seconds.
Most double motor Teslas will I think, but I think this will sound better. There are Porsches and EVs that go much faster.
but for most of us we just don't need rocket sled acceleration.
I happen to like the passing lane and work hard to pass safely and correctly, always with lots of sight distance.
So a dawdler under the limit and a nice passing lane, well that's just an opportunity for entertainment.

I can just see Scootr in that Cobra, getting stuck behind some little old lady dithering about finally making a right turn, and
the pedal goes down. It's like playing a musical instrument, you do it for the sound.
used to be you hit "passing gear" to blow the carbon out. Now in a 10 speed, hard to pick one...

Attachments

• time zones.jpg
    time zones.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #188,104  
Wagtail a temporary fix that has worked well for me is to cut out a piece of tire inner tube and place it over the leak with a hose clamp to put pressure on it. Just in case you want to delay the permanent fix
Ta for that and, indeed, it's what I would've done if it was the pipe itself. (Navy damage control training) Unfortunately it's the copper band fitting and I've been informed by the retired plumber parishioner that it will require an actual plumber to fix.

My 'jury rig', self-vulcanising silicon tape and two small hose clamps, has vastly reduced the leak to a dribble.

It being Easter weekend, I may need to wait 'til Tuesday to get a plumber in.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,105  
Dump and town run went swimmingly. Got me 8 of 2' x 2' by 2" thick patio slabs for the new tank. I will only use 6 of them under the tank IF it comes with full length skids. Tank is 72" long by 50" in diameter.

Got gas when I got back to S.R. $2.04/L = $7.71/US gallon. She only took 52 L for a total of $106.oo.
I knew it was going to be pricey. I had run the Dodge down to 1/8 tank. I wanted to put in injector cleaner and it is better doing it with an almost empty tank so it mixes well with the fresh fuel. When I get down to the Big Smoke on Sunday, I will probably top it off with high test 93 octane.

Those pre engineered garages look good, except that neither junior nor me are any good at heights. What I am looking for is a completely built or at least the seller builds it in place garage. Ideal would be 30'WX40'L with a 5/12 pitch steel roof. I will settle for 20'WX30'L with the same roof pitch if money becomes a problem.
I have a few Canadian outfits bookmarked that I will need to do my research on. Don't forget the exchange on the US buck is at 35%, so for every dollar an item costs I pay $1.35 and then add 13% sales tax on top of that. Then there is shipping.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,106  
Messicks has released a video talking about impact of Baltimore port closure, and so have lots of other folks.
Messicks says what is on hand has them ready for the Spring planting and they don't see any near term issues.
But apparently a huge amount of agricultural stuff comes through that port, including fertilizer.
I don't know how much the fertilizer industry relies on just in time delivery, but you sure don't want to run out of fertilizer in planting season.

Philadelphia is the next big port North. I know of one Ro-Ro terminal North of Philadelphia on the Delaware River where I used to watch from my boat
cars come out of those giant ships like ants following each other. That apparently has created some of the bigger issues, where to unload cars.
Wilmington DE perhaps, maybe the Navy could help by making some room in Norfolk for ships to unload.

The real issue is how fast they can clear that channel. Will be three years for a new bridge.
Maryland DOT must be wringing their hands, what a mess they have.
all that traffic that now will have to be routed West of the city.
Whole area is a choke point for North/South traffic
going to be like a too tight neck tie in Maryland

good thing I do my best to avoid that area anyway

running out of steam
time for my book and a trip to dreamland

Buppies, sleep well tonight

/ Good morning!!!! #188,107  
I think mDOT just started a new project involving lane closures on the NW beltway, which is how the truck traffic will now have to go.
I try to avoid the area also.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,109  
Drinking freshly brewed coffee. 21° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 51° with lots of sun. Grocery shopping went good. Lots of Easter things on the shelves. Chipping went well. Pile of chips is at least 4 yards. Today should finish the this pile of branches.
Found a bird that likes the seed cake.
atYvwVZ.jpg

Mostly, have a good ride.

Buppies, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.