Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,731  
back home with my sanity and wallet intact
oral surgeon apologized for his staff not giving me a range yesterday, and yes she was by herself
with the other girl out. I'm pretty sure my dentist called him (just down the road) after work yesterday and
put the arm on him.
so, drum roll....., the charge for a basic extraction will be 330 dollars and the nice lady at the desk took another ten percent off.
what a nice improvement and the doc was wonderful.
I was a little worried when I saw his brand new 100K+ BMW I7 in the lot, I always look to see what the doc drives.
so total cost including consult and fancy xray will total about 500 bucks.
that is totally reasonable.
he offered to knock me out or give me laughing gas for a lot more, but I declined.
I'll take a couple happy pills before I go.

since I wasn't broke, on the way home stopped at nursery and picked up ten colorful annuals, which I'm going to go plant now.
I got a mix of all bright colors and will go sprinkle them around the place.

then off comes the leaf vac and I hope to mow this afternoon.
pollen is bad, definitely have the sniffles

/ Good morning!!!! #188,732  
Drew, there is a timed lockout going between heat & cool mode on a heatpump.
not a heat pump but maybe same circuit.
I didn't go right from heat to cool.
Heat had been off for hours. I just went to cool, it tried and then quit
pretty sure you're right, this is not a smart thermostat

/ Good morning!!!! #188,733  
Morning all, 54 going to 75 and some sun.
Got the front bed areas sprayed, some weed whacking and other work done and used the m18 blower to move it around.
Was finally able to get into the back area, still pretty muddy, but got the bigger fallen ash cut up into manageable bits for when I can finally get the tractor back there to move it out.

Had a Turkey Tom strutting for 2 females in the back area yesterday morning,got some not so great pictures.

Still so much to clean up in the back area.

Lots of news to catch up on, but day job calls.

Be well,
View attachment 861690
One of the log piles, thumb on backhoe certainly helps, but awkward.
I still remember when this area was a solid wall of brush.
View attachment 861691
Satisfaction cleaning out brush overgrowth like that. I was eyeing some more to clean out yesterday, but a steep area so might just leave it alone.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,734  
not a heat pump but maybe same circuit.
I didn't go right from heat to cool.
Heat had been off for hours. I just went to cool, it tried and then quit
pretty sure you're right, this is not a smart thermostat
I’m sure Paul will know the reason then.
Glad tooth not too expensive.
I don’t have contact number for LS either, but I do know where he lives.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,735  
Mostly, you keeping dry?
quite the flood east of you in East Texas, Kirbyville currently making headlines

got a lot of flowers planted, both bought and my own, very pleased with how it looks, and now to mow the lawn.
if I still have any energy after that, always more flowers to plant
I need to plant the yellow marigolds in the area in between the already planted bush beans.
Need to do that before beans get too big. Would have been smarter to plant the middle stuff first....but
at least the reach in is only two feet to half way

spring annual flowers are five bucks a piece.
I can't grow some of this, though maybe now I can, but what I bought today looks
ten times nicer than what I grew. Mine are still young, what I bought are fully blooming.
I'll give them a little more miracle grow and maybe they will grow faster...

/ Good morning!!!! #188,736  
64°F and .42 inches rain

Will today be the day?? Think I see a faint glow of sunshine. If not, then I’ll piddle about inside.

Didn’t get anything seriously done yesterday. Accidentally watched old movie The Green Mile. Guess had never rewatched since years ago. Forgot what a great movie. Of course TV turned it into a 4 hr event with commercials. Lots of scenes we didn’t remember. Good time with Sophie.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,737  
53F with a steady light rain @ 13:30, calling for a high of 63F. LWS shows about 0.50" of accumulation so far.

Ten Day now shows precip on 9 out of 10 days ... probably good for those May flowers but it ain't so great for getting much done outside ...

Probably would have been great for overseeding the lawn too ... had I been on the ball and taken advantage of the dry weather to get the seed down ... :(

Got another 2 gallons of glyphosate mixed up for a total of 6 gallons. Strained the old leftover premix from last year through a coffee filter into a 1 gallon hand pump sprayer, then started on straining the newly mixed stuff.

Got 1 gallon sprayer filled and then strained another gallon into an old windshield washer fluid jug.

Walked over and retrieved the Cub from the barn.

Then topped front axle and hydraulic fluid in the Kubota. Combined 2 partial 5 gallon buckets of hydraulic fluid into a 2 gallon jug to do it, then took the top off of one of them and let it drain into a pan overnight. Will do the other one today.

While I was topping off the front axle I noticed that the right front tire had a nail embedded in it and sticking out ... 🤬 Will need to pluck that out and plug it if it leaks.

Checked engine oil and it was good.

Took Kubota up and grabbed a bucketload of screened compost and brought it down to the house and filled up the 3 totes.

Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking and took the compost from near the bottom of the pile which was wet, making the totes pretty heavy ... 🤬

Probably will empty some of it back out into the bucket and take it back up there.

The good news is that it was just chock full of big fat earthworms.

The bad news is that the totes can't be left out in the sun or kept too tightly sealed.

After that I took the Kubota back up and ran the box blade over the compost screening area and cleaned it up a little in preparation for this year's screening activities:

IMG_3160 copy.jpg

The (unscreened) compost pile has settled by another foot or so over the winter ... (y)

Then headed back down to the house and swapped out the light material bucket for the pallet forks and got the MMM moved out of the barn to the 2nd circle.

After that I moved large stack of pallets out of the barn up to the east side of the shop, making two stacks about 3' - 4' high.

Once that was done I headed back down to the approach to the barn and retrieved the 2 cedar and 3 black locust logs and brought them up and set them on the pallets.

With that junk out of the way, I headed back over to the barn with the Cub and retrieved the water buffalo and brought it over to the front of the house next to the dump cart. Followed by doing the same with the Chapin tow-behind spreader.

Then refilled the hopper and both tube feeders, meant to refill both suet feeders but I got distracted.

Headed back over to the barn with the Cub and hooked up the core aerator and headed up to the top of the lawn to start plugging. About the time I got up there it started splitting rain so I threw in the towel and headed back down to the house.

Worked on planting the last caladium and some more pansies in the 4th square planter and got that done.

After that I watered the flat of tomato seedlings which were due, they are looking very good at this point, with most of them having developed their first set of true leaves. Next watering they will get a 50% solution of dilute MiracleGro.

Then I misted the French Marigolds to give them a little drink.

Have left the covers off the seed starter trays and Squeak seems disinterested in the seedlings ... She seems to have it figured what is ok to eat and what isn't ... (y)

Last thing I did was the boiling water immersion on all the Redbud seeds I collected. Probably around 30 of them. They are currently soaking ... but should be ready to plant in starter pots this evening. Just need to make up some potting mix with the screened compost I brought down down yesterday.

Need to check house plants today with the moisture meter and probably water some of them.

Probably do some replanting of seeds for the seedlings that didn't make it.

Otherwise see what else comes up.

Woman went out yesterday for a draw for some blood work, had an appointment this morning with the eye doctor who diagnosed pseudo exfoliative glaucoma in her right eye (in addition to the cataract we already knew was there) So She'll be getting prescription eyedrops for that.

Hope everyone is having a decent Wednesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,738  
73 deg and sunny. Was calling for rain last night but didn't get any. If I had known I might have waited a day to mow.
It's been almost full time job helping son fill out the never ending paperwork from work and insurance. The report from the ER had some inaccurate statements, don't know how that will effect things, if any. His DR did give him a paper saying don't go to work until after 21st. His STD should kick in friday I think, or maybe next week. Also, looks like insurance will pay something like 80% of lost wages, i'm assuming until STD kicks in.
He's doing well physically, except for a lot of pain yet when he moves the leg. laying down he's fine. Wounds are healing nicely, still lots of dark bruising, knee and ankle still swollen.
preparing to teach class tonight.
Been watching Wild Wonderful Off Grid on youtube. Turns out they are near where we had been looking for land in WV a couple years ago. I found them on google maps. Someone has built a nice house on the lot we almost bought.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,739  
got a lot of plants planted, then took off lawn vac, put it away, which required moving half the stuff out of the garage,
and then mowed the lawn. That one spot is so thick I had to raise the mower all the way up first pass.
otherwise what a wet mess. Got it done after sliming up the mower. I really need to jack it up and check under the deck.
it was making I'm unhappy clogged deck sounds

time to chill

/ Good morning!!!! #188,740  
Afternoon all;
Only 55F here today after breaking 70 yesterday plus rainy.
Finally quit procrastinating and did our taxes today, got bit with an under payment penalty from the bureaucratic leeches. Done with that garbage for awhile at least.
Yard is starting to green up and a person could walk around on it yesterday without sinking in and leaving foot prints so of course it decided to rain for the next 2-3 days.
Noticed a flat tire on F2000 mower so have to check it out sooner than later.
All take care