Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,891  
Good luck on the open house. I don't think the holiday will deter a serious buyer from attending, but it may weed out the Lookie Lous.
98˚F with a heat index of 109 today.
The first showing of the house was at the open house today and it was a HUGE success 22 serious buyers went through, Had a contract in 4 hours then a second contract in 6 hours and I hear there is a 3rd contract coming down the pipeline. All for above list price. We will pick which one to sign tomorrow.:p

/ Good morning!!!! #190,893  
Partly cloudy skies with a temp of 70F here @ 22:15.

LWS reports today's high temp was 87.4F.

It looked like there were thunderstorms building this afternoon but all we got was spit at with a couple of drops, didn't even bother heading inside.

Had a reasonably productive day.

Got meds doled out.

Watered plants on shelves after that.

Then got all the mowing done down here around the house and then went up and mowed the compost/woodlot and got that pretty much all done as well.

Also pruned back some multiflora rose on the west side and some branches of an oak that were starting to intrude into the yard, plus some multiflora rose over on the east side that's growing up through an evergreen shrub. All of it interfering with mowing.

Rescued a baby robin I found out in the middle of the driveway that had fledged too early.

Hauled out an extension cord and sliced off the piece of landscape fabric with the hot knife for where the arch trellises will go. Left the end down by the newest blueberry plant.

Then got the hammer and four pieces of rebar and drove those in the ground to test the spacing on the arch trellises.

Went with a 6' width ... which appears just about right as I can walk underneath it without having to duck down:

IMG_3278 copy.jpg

Got the 4 short t-posts hosed off and taken up front for additional refurb.

Relocated 2 of the Sunny Boy tomatoes which would have been right next to the arch trellises into spots where the deer had clipped off a couple.

One of the "victims":

IMG_3277 copy.jpg

🤬

Swapped out a larger cage for a smaller one on the largest plant.

And put welded wire tops on a couple of cages.

Got all the Sunny Boys watered and a final count: 16 plants.

Two wire monofilament fence was undisturbed overnight ... (y)

Woman did some weeding over in the flower bed, sprayed all the remaining plants on the shelves with neem oil, and sprayed a gallon of glyphosate.

Refilled Water Buffalo so it's ready to go if no rain tomorrow.

Final item was getting a count on the deck joists - there's a total of 30.

Takes 9 boards to build a 4 x 8 raised bed 22" high ... so it looks like 3 raised beds are all that are in the cards.

At least until I dig into the stash of boards I have stacked up around back on the west side ... ;)

Time to go grab a shower.

Hope everyone had a decent Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,894  
Good evening all. 68ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Light wind except during thunderstorm, sky clouded up and thunderstorms tonight, and high temp was 85ºF, HI 97ºF. Made coffee to start day, stepson called and we chatted a bit more. Slept late, didn't get shower till 8:15 then pack up and snag breakfast and hit road. Got home at 5 got car unloaded and went to Mexican for dinner. Had severe thunderstorm and tornado warning, worst of it was south will see what happened in the morning.
Friday morning 3:33 AM CDT post:
Ron glad grocery shopping was good. Good to hear more back porch time. Never got to see a squirrel drink before.
Paul glad foundation turned out good. Hope you got the sleeve got moved. Hope trip went well on Friday.
Drew hope the breakfast went well. Hope MIL is doing well when you visited her.
Thomas thought you might get a second opinion because you didn't like the first one.
Thomas hope mowing went well.
Billy good visit with stepson, we got 8 hours of facetime.
Don good to hear getting new place shaped up. Hope to get a pic of long horns.
Scott(vt)glad good drive to VT. Sorry about the dead critter.
Scott(vt) never saw rhubarb flower before.
Mike hope good visit with daughter. Hope you were able to pay respect to Marine friends.
Bill good looking numbers. Hope you got your sharps container and fruit. Good luck with disability.
Drew thanks for pic.
RNG glad paint on trailer and hitch fixed. Never have done anything with Temu. Nice order showed up quickly.
Ken glad no problems with hornets nest, hope back better soon. Thanks for bird nest pic
Gstrom sorry about more rain.
Plowhog hope CA ranch work went well. love the puppy pics.
Bill glad no grass cutting yesterday. Lot of work to get license back.
David glad dental work caught up for a while. Sorry Sophie let her blades slide so long ;), good luck with them.
RS good to hear seedlings waters and sorry to hear hopper feeder out of action. Hope good progress yesterday.
Lou surprised sleep apnea will keep you from passing medical. There are treatment for it like CPAP.
Randy sorry no rain in gauge. Hope good "no day"
Saturday morning 3:38 AM CDT post:
Ron sorry about mowing grass in the heat. Nice pic.
Drew hope trip to airport went well.
Buppies sorry about more cancer surgeries. Trip was good. prayers sent.
Bill Glad you can conserve energy :) The soon you go to emergency room after strike the less damage it will do.
Phil good to hear garden planted. Hope you were able to mow. Hope you can find suitable furnace and hot water unit. Hope you saw your great nephew in the festivities.
Thomas garden and flower boxes ready for planting.
Paul glad good trip and contractors were working hard. Hope today went well.
Plowhog hope puppy visit went well.
Scott(vt) glad you got to get a boat ride in. Hope you can get back on rocker project soon. Hope the bush hog gets your driveway trimmed. I just got my renewal in mail. Hope you got some time on the sawhorses.
Don sorry about the deer eat hibiscus plant. Glad you got your swim in. That 102ºF HI can really get to you. Sorry about the finding more burned out bulbs. Hope open house went well.
Mike glad Memorial and weed whacking went well. Sorry pool not open. Glad mowing at old house done, hope you get weed whacking done as well. Sorry about the tractor ignoring Speed control pedal. Good to hear you are getting new card.
Ken glad spring upgrade went well, my guess bad spring metal. Glad you got mowing in. Hope bolt work on mirror. Glad pool ready this afternoon.
Buppies glad you are remembering the deceased vets.
David sorry Dr had car issues, and the resulting office backup. hope you got all the grocery shopping done in spite of crowds. Glad 30mm socket worked hope good test mow.
RS hope no thunderstorm damage. Sounds like a good day yesterday, Hope productive day today.
Ted sorry about wind. Cleaning out the pond did not sounds too pleasant, 2 inch 1 year accumulation? Hope you got to conserve some energy.
Dennis glad breakfast closer, sorry not worth extra cost. Good to hear mowing caught up.
Paul good to hear daughter doing so well.
Dennis hope you got some rain, strawberry short cake sounds good, just reading about it raised my blood sugar :(. Nice pile of branches.
Randy(wag) nice cool weather, hope church was good.
Dennis glad you got some rain.
Bill good you are being realistic about what your capabilities.
Scott(vt) hope the spraying will be effective. Thanks for pic.
Don that is awesome news!
RS awesome day, all I did was drive :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,895  
Drinking fresh cup of coffee. 47° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 78° with thunderstorm in afternoon. Got trees trimmed yesterday morning. But not without a unforecasted rain shower. Sassy and I both got soaked. Went back out several hours later and picked up all the trimming and moved to pile of branches needing chipping. Did some string trimming around yard. This morning will be get out and wash house windows.
enQI2YD.jpg

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,897  
Drinking fresh cup of coffee. 47° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 78° with thunderstorm in afternoon. Got trees trimmed yesterday morning. But not without a unforecasted rain shower. Sassy and I both got soaked. Went back out several hours later and picked up all the trimming and moved to pile of branches needing chipping. Did some string trimming around yard. This morning will be get out and wash house windows.
enQI2YD.jpg

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
I was watching several cardinals fly around my yard yesterday.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,898  
good Sunday morning all
64 going to 84 today with showers likely this afternoon

not sure what I will get into today
having dinner at brother's tonight, need to pick some lettuce to take with me.

Scott, nice pic

Don, very good news. Not a surprise considering how attractive your community is.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,900  
Good morning, the low is 51 and going to a high of 75°F. Wind WNW 9 mph. Foggy.

I need to build a hut of sorts to protect the hose & reel from sun damage. I think I will use 2x6's for the base run on their edges. I don't think I have enough 4x4s left for the base and upright studs, so I might have to do the whole thing out of 2x6 and 2x8s. I have metal for the sides and roof.

Don't know if I will get to the hut today, maybe maybe not.

Stay safe all