Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #28,951  
24F light snow falling 1" tad more all done around noon they say.
Monday..hmm,sure hope it will be low profile week.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,952  
Drew, making good progress on your path.
thanks. If one zooms in on the second picture you can see all the vines. And the nasty one is the bright green "foot a day" vine that has those chainsaw teeth on them spaced about two inches apart. Or shark teeth, either way, they rip into your flesh. And even if you cut them off at the bottom, the dead vines are like leaving barbed wire around. Just have to move it away.

I wonder what natural adaptation bred such sharp teeth on a vine and why? What good did it do the vine other than maybe not getting eaten? Defensive or offensive, quite a nasty bit of flora.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,953  
32 this morning maybe a little frozen stuff on ground but warming quickly to 45 later today

Had really good luck with optima batteries

/ Good morning!!!! #28,954  
Billy, I have had good luck with Exide and Interstate batteries, also East Penn, Napa has a good battery. Yes to a sealed battery if you really bounce around a lot, like plowing fields. Otherwise they are more than double the cost but could possibly last a really long time. I have burned up two Optimas in my small boat with a poorly regulated alternator on the outboard engine, but in normal use they should give you better life I think.

Once a year I try to remember to put a smart charger on each battery and let it run through the desulphate routine. Seems to help. Though I admit to changing batteries in the seven year range whether they are shot or not, always been in winter weather. But in a warm climate, a weaker battery might do well.
Just park on a hill like they do across the pond...;)
You sure have done well with what's in there. I might get the same battery.
A wet day for tractor work, hope you are inside.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,955  
Drew, your vines are likely greenbrier, and even with those thorns, the deer eat them like candy. I had similar "tangled encounters" with a greenbrier thicket when making my path into our woods when we moved here.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,956  
Thanks for the tips on batteries. I'll check those out. I think my battery size may be a bit of a challenge - 75D26R - maybe smaller than most typical car batteries.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,957  
Got yet ANOTHER email from Muhammad late last night telling me one of my posts was removed because it violated the stupid "FF guidelines"....WHY don't they tell a member what was said wrong? DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Heading for the township office this morning to pay taxes and get a burning permit. Catch you later on.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,958  
Drew, your vines are likely greenbrier, and even with those thorns, the deer eat them like candy. I had similar "tangled encounters" with a greenbrier thicket when making my path into our woods when we moved here.

and such a nice name, smilax....

Smilax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

boy you aren't smiling if you get hooked up on this stuff.

Ok, the sharp hooks are for climbing and hanging on. They sure would do that.
bad news is that this stuff is like cockroaches, hard to kill.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,959  
Thanks for the tips on batteries. I'll check those out. I think my battery size may be a bit of a challenge - 75D26R - maybe smaller than most typical car batteries.

The optima batteries are in rollers 12 and 13 years old lots of vibrations beating and banging have held up very well but are expensive. Interstate battery's in service truck on third set since 2008. Dump trucks generally run Exides or interstates. In rest of equipment as that need replaced going with Optima if available. The service trucks batteries just replaced with Optimas

/ Good morning!!!! #28,960  
34 and rain with 44 later. No snow or ice today, but still in the forecast tonight.

Drew, making good progress on your path.

Well, I think one of you warned me about getting a new tractor battery since mine is the original, almost 12 years old...wouldn't start early yesterday morning...it was only about 15 degrees. Fortunately it did start about 2pm after things warmed up. I guess I'll be doing some battery research today. Anybody have a favorite brand?

The OEM top caps Strongbox in my Deere began leaking at four years old, and I purchased a sealed car battery at Walmart (a size 51R Everstart Maxx) for $53...in late 2007. It still performs flawlessly, although I had to make my own hold down clamp for it. I will NEVER buy a JD brand battery...EVER!! I have the same brand Everstart Maxx batteries in my car and truck and are very happy with them. You say the size you have is unique...does it HAVE to be the same size because of space limitations or terminal location?