Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #36,541  
67F @ 4:30AM. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 96F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Dave, I wonder if the new Subaru wouldn't be better off on dino oil for the first 25K miles or so before switching to synthetic? I've heard that synthetic can delay break in, especially of the piston rings. Then again maybe that's no longer a problem with modern engines, but that Consumer Reports article about excessive oil use would indicate that it is.

Might treat myself to lunch there, but I won't be taking in any movies. There's only one theater, and earlier in the week the staff there called the police when they noticed odd behavior from a patron carrying a large back pack. When officers searched the pack they found a loaded .45 caliber pistol and a box of ammo. The lame excuse recounted on the news was that the man was worried about losing the pistol to theft, so brought it with him to the theater, on two successive days. The cartridge found under his seat after the first visit for some reason triggered staff's initial suspicion, but it was the bag that won them over the second day. After searching the man's car and house and confiscating his pistol and computer, he was set free with a misdemeanor citation for carrying a loaded firearm. All of which could have been avoided with proper gun storage habits or a bit of training and a concealed carry permit. But since he's still on the loose, and until convicted is fully capable of purchasing another firearm, I think I'll stick to the DVD player for the foreseeable future.

Man who brought gun to movie theater booked, released | Local News - Home

Have a good one, folks!

I have no clue about the oil issue. I did something on the Subaru I have never done before, bought a 10 year extended warranty. Probably a waste but we tend to keep our vehicles longer now that we aren't commuting to work. So, I'll let Subaru worry about the oil. :D The manual says they consider 1250 miles per quart to be acceptable. Well, that's a lot by modern standards I think.

It seems like movie theaters are the place to be for crazies these days. We have a lot of mentally ill and quite irrational people loose in this country and I think they feed off the emotions that surround some issues. Maybe the percentage of people on the edge is not different than in the past, but there are more of them by numbers populating a finite space and more exposed via the internet. That's my theory.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,542  
Good Morning. 0825, rain, 77F with 95% humidity. Forecast high of 87F with 60% chance of rain today, and a low of 77F tonight.

I soaked some Blue Lake green beans over night, and got out and planted them this morning in a light rain. I was a few short of finishing, so I put some more in soak and will plant them when I get back from town. Out of 3 rows, I had 5 beans sprout from the previous planting. I guess it was too hot and dry then. Now it's raining everyday.

I got three more rows of cucumber plants and one of squash transplanted yesterday. The rain chased me once, but the 2nd time I just worked through it. After you are soaked to the skin, you can''t get any wetter.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

11207294_995218413856615_2109924035764302666_n.jpg

11831806_995218893856567_7154874712728012108_n.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #36,543  
A feedline bearing would ruin your day. I suppose you have redundant feed and water systems in the same barn? The finger is healing but slowly. If I ever get off TBN :laughing: I will be messing with some rocks too big to move by hand using the bucket, the backhoe and my 6' heavy pry bar. I fill in around those with rocks small enough to handle.

Good to hear your finger is healing.

Yea we have 4 feed lines 2 front half and 2 back half. Now birds don't like to walk to other side to eat but will. ~25 feet. Water there are 4 lines each end. To put the water lines in perspective I have over 10,000 feet of 3/4 water line above ground. Now not all of it is drinking line but 80% is. The rest is water lines for cool pads and fogging systems.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,544  
I have no clue about the oil issue. I did something on the Subaru I have never done before, bought a 10 year extended warranty. Probably a waste but we tend to keep our vehicles longer now that we aren't commuting to work. So, I'll let Subaru worry about the oil. :D The manual says they consider 1250 miles per quart to be acceptable. Well, that's a lot by modern standards I think.

I think mine uses a quart every 7k miles, I'm checking it one more time. Since there is an oil changes every 7,500 mile you might not even notice it (I didn't until this last oil change when I drove a bunch of 75mph miles). I'm figuring on adding a quart in-between oil changes. My last vehicle - Toyota I never added oil but it required an oil change every 5,000 miles.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,545  
71°F and .38 inches rain last 24 hours. See some sun this morning :)

Took granddaughter to planetarium yesterday and saw a terrific documentary on origami "between the Folds" very interesting.

Be safe
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #36,546  
Good morning!!! It was a stormy night yesterday evening. Many were left without power, lots of storm damage in the area. But, that did not stop the community from coming out to pay respects to a local, fallen Memphis Police officer who was fatally shot during a routine traffic stop last Saturday night. The "Sea of Blue" was quite a sight to behold. RIP Officer Sean Bolton. Thank you for your service.

CLsOT_cXAAEW-KA.jpg

CLbU3HyUcAAmRKX.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #36,547  
Took granddaughter to planetarium yesterday and saw a terrific documentary on origami "between the Folds" very interesting.

And I bet Grandpop had a very good time; fun thing to do with kids. Next the aquarium...

pushed a manual trimming mower for two hours, doing ditches and basic trimming. Surprising how well the low end Briggs motor runs on the super lightweight Poulan mower. Mower actually gets pretty good reviews online, for a low end mower, which I bought for its light weight. Thanks to a deck made out of discarded tin foil I think. Then I trimmed about six azalea bushes in front of the house and then sprayed them, they had some red grunge on them pretty badly. Felt almost sticky on my hands. Which I washed well when I was done... And after cleaning up all the messes I made, I said that's enough. Took my shower and I'm inside for the rest of the day, waiting for the rain to come.

I know I'm checking my oil more often after this fuss came out. Like most, no need to add a quart before the next oil change, which may lull us into expensive complacency. I would think being one quart down is not a huge deal to a five quart engine.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,548  
neat photo titan.
truly sad that so many police officers die in the line of duty, and it seems more now due to some social shift where it's now ok to what hunt police? Assassinate them? a war of the crazies against the police. The Establishment. The Man.
Actually it's likely a nice guy with a wife and two small kids trying to earn a living and do something good.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,549  
Drew
Both Grandpa and Grandma not only had a good time, but learned as well. Film was more adult level but still interesting at a kids level - about half the audience were kids.

No aquarium here, but she got to snorkel with the Dolphins on Konaside and them with little fish here on Hiloside earlier in visit. Also a turtle swam alongside during visit to the black sand beach. Gee, no wonder I'm making such so progress on my projects :) In addition to the fun stuff we also tutor her in reading and math.

Parenting is for the young!!!!!

David Sent from my iPad Air using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #36,550  
I think mine uses a quart every 7k miles, I'm checking it one more time. Since there is an oil changes every 7,500 mile you might not even notice it (I didn't until this last oil change when I drove a bunch of 75mph miles). I'm figuring on adding a quart in-between oil changes. My last vehicle - Toyota I never added oil but it required an oil change every 5,000 miles.

Sister has owned several Subaru. Really good car for when she was in the Rockies. The oil consumption goes hand in hand with the loud engine noise. It's the higher revs that causes it. My '13 Camry goes 10K between oil changes. And I'm not going to worry about it being babied during break in. I bought it used with 2K on it. It was a lease from Chicago with a fender bender. The on-board computer showed 17mpg when I got it. I drive 65mph everywhere I go, it now shows 33mpg. The PO must have been racing from red light to red light to get those low numbers.