Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #3,711  
Morning all,

It's a very pleasant 71 degrees and sunny at the moment .... the high will be mid-70's with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm ....

After wasting roughly 4 hours of my time yesterday running around to various places (the local NAPA, Tractor Supply, and a local hydraulic shop) trying to find the male half of an ag style quick-disconnect to hook up my tilt cylinder, I decided to just steal the two off the hoses on the angle cylinder on the landscape rake ....

I also decided that I'm going to convert all the QD's on the rear remotes to skidsteer style flush-face couplers .... tired of all the dripping ....

In spite of the wasted time yesterday I did manage to get quite a bit done.

Today should be productive as well, although I do have remove the loader and boxblade and install the MMM to cut the grass. That's fine too .... I needed to move the MMM and get it out of the way anyways ....

/ Good morning!!!! #3,712  
Morning all,

It's a very pleasant 71 degrees and sunny at the moment .... the high will be mid-70's with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm ....

After wasting roughly 4 hours of my time yesterday running around to various places (the local NAPA, Tractor Supply, and a local hydraulic shop) trying to find the male half of an ag style quick-disconnect to hook up my tilt cylinder, I decided to just steal the two off the hoses on the angle cylinder on the landscape rake ....

I also decided that I'm going to convert all the QD's on the rear remotes to skidsteer style flush-face couplers .... tired of all the dripping ....

In spite of the wasted time yesterday I did manage to get quite a bit done.

Today should be productive as well, although I do have remove the loader and boxblade and install the MMM to cut the grass. That's fine too .... I needed to move the MMM and get it out of the way anyways ....
What size box blade do you have? I need one for my small tractor(26hp), not sure how much blade I can move due to traction, etc...

/ Good morning!!!! #3,713  
On my second cup of coffee this morning. 50 degrees this morning with clear skies. Heading to 77 with lots of sun. Glad I got the lawn cut yesterday. Going to get hotter each day through the weekend. Need rain, it was like cutting hay. Off to the hospital early this morning. Going to learn/help with wife's therapy. She is doing very good.
Good Morning All.

Ron that is good news! We are cheering her on on her rehab.

Today is a paver day (again) Yesterday I finished section 5.5 and will update the paver thread in the projects section later today with pictures.

About 20% of the pavers from Mexico were defective, but the Co. is standing behind their product and has order me replacements.

The Temp is 100 degrees in the shade where I'm cutting the pavers. The Pavers are HOT to touch but everything is looking good!

If Ron were here section 5 would be done in 3 days now it will be 7+.

79 degrees now partly cloudy, up to the high 90's, chance of showers, no wind and humid.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,714  
Ron, also give our good wishes to Betty. I always feel bad about all our stairways when you come to visit.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,715  
59 here, we got a quarter inch of rain overnight...going to run down to the local Advance Auto today to get a replacement battery for my Buick...OEM Delco is 8 years old and I am wary about trying to nurse it thru another winter. Something that ticks me off is paying tax on the "core charge" for parts. When you buy a battery, starter, alternator, etc. and they give you a credit for your old battery or part, you are still out the sales tax (6% here) the state charges on the core. Here a battery core charge is $12, meaning you pay 72 cents tax on the core PLUS the sales tax on the new battery itself. And the state keeps raising the core charge. The last battery I purchased was 3 years ago and the core charge was $9.

Things like that are why I am such a grump....:laughing:

Good afternoon all. Temp started at 57F up to 82F now Temp is underachieving. Golf course inspection was successful no moles and no Bill :D
On the core charge we get the tax back on the core charge, you might ask the next time they charge it on the purchase if you should get it back. My parts store use to exclude core from taxable amount, changed to charge and refund sales tax and they got less complaints.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,716  
Good afternoon all. Temp started at 57F up to 82F now Temp is underachieving. Golf course inspection was successful no moles and no Bill :D
On the core charge we get the tax back on the core charge, you might ask the next time they charge it on the purchase if you should get it back. My parts store use to exclude core from taxable amount, changed to charge and refund sales tax and they got less complaints.

I have been paying sales tax on cores here in Michigan for as long as I have been buying parts and there is no way the greedy state will ever consider changing that law. This year, every replacment battery that is sold earns them a 72 cent bonus and they did nothing to earn it. Supposedly the core charge on a new battery will discourage people from dumping one into the landfill BUT when a scrap battery is worth only $4 it is pure greed to keep raising the core charge just to collect more sales tax.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,717  
Morning All!

Wife and oldest are off to the Home School conference. Typically we all go, but this year is a bit odd, we forgot to book our favorite hotel, etc... So I get the middle and baby daughters all day.

I'm still going to haul off the scrap mostly because I need to get my truck and trailer empty now! But I'm going to try to come up with some fun stuff we three can do today.

Probably won't get as much work done as I was hoping for though...

Tomorrow will be a repeat of today except for the load of scrap.

Wish me luck!

/ Good morning!!!! #3,718  
Second cup of coffee is gone. 54 degrees with clear skies today. Heading to 80 with lots of sun. Yesterday did not go as planned. Bandages came off surgery and all looks good. Because wife is anemic they put off heavy therapy until she improves. Hoping she is still coming home today. Good thing Hospital is only 5 miles from home.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,719  
2012-06-08, 0638

51 degrees and a very nice morning. 81 is the predicted high and sunny all day.
Had a rather intense but fast moving storm yesterday evening...pretty wet this morning and I don't think I'll be chipping today...I don't run wet wood through the chipper.
Interview went good yesterday...but I just got a feeling I'm starting to experience age discrimination. That sucks...no overt proof, just a feeling.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,720  
65 now, 85 later, 90's on the weekend. Gotta mow the half brown grass today, It's very disheartening to put down 300 lbs of seed 200 lbs of food and work fall, winter, and spring only to have a half bare yard because it just won't rain!:mad: