Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #66,011  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 6:30AM. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds light and variable.

Stopped at the local BMW dealer's shop yesterday to look at the old /2 on their showroom floor, the one I've been using for guidance on assembling my basket case. It was gone! I knew it had been sold, and was told the new owner was out on a shake down ride. So I went over to the shop side, and there it sat. But there was also another /2 on a lift, and a third nearby, old bikes that had been pulled out of storage that were being cleaned up in the mechanic's spare time for future sale. One was an R69S made very closely in time to my project bike. Even better, an old friend of mine that had done some of the work on the showroom bike was there, and he was very helpful in pointing out details I'd missed. Took lots of photos, and now have a much better idea of how this old bike goes back together.

The latest plot twist in the Vanagon story has the transaxle coming back to the mechanic last summer, who then took it to a local transmission shop to verify that all the specified work had been done. Not only had two upgrades not been performed, but the mechanic was concerned that the 4th gear set was overly worn and would soon start popping out of gear. So back it went, where it sat for some reason. During that time, VW quit supplying 4th gear sets, and apparently all those that were available were used to repair other people's transaxles. Fast forward six months and the repair shop where the transaxle sits now can't find new VW gears, and has dumped the problem back into the mechanic's lap. He's chasing leads to find a good pair of used gears, but my recent misadventures with used gears has me pessimistic that route will be fruitful. He also has information about two US based gear hobbers, but is unsure of their reputation or the longevity of their products. So I'll do some of my own research this morning to see if he's missed something, or at least satisfy myself that there's a good path forward. What's that old saying about doing something right?:banghead:

Stopped by Costco for my weekly roasted chicken, and spotted an older lady going through the chicken display one-by-one to find the one she liked. Another gentleman and I stood by waiting until she finished, and as she put her bird into her cart I quipped "Well, it looks like she got the good one!". He started laughing, she looked startled at first and then started laughing with us. The chickens were all pretty much the same, which was the point of my comment, and after looking over twenty some chickens, I think she had to agree!:laughing:

TGIF!!!:drink:

/ Good morning!!!! #66,012  
It was 19* this morning, yesterday was in the low 40's. Today's going to be partly cloudy and in the mid 40's. Looks like a 50% chance of snow in the afternoon tomorrow.

Haven't made road trips like some of you. But when I was in my teens we would drive a 130 miles for good hamburger.

Going to work on a old truck tool box that I got from the neighbor. And see about putting it on the flatbed trailer. Need to take some dents out and repainted it.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,013  
Almost weekly, before health decline, My parents used to drive 2 hrs, one way, to eat up in the amish country of ohio.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,014  
25° and snowing, calling for 1-2"

/ Good morning!!!! #66,015  
I thought my trip to the moon won the prize but I know, disqualified, no pictures...

spent several hours outside burning the burn pile and hacking down rose bushes to their winter mode.
Some were still blooming, remarkable how hardy some knockout roses are. Cleaned up a big butterfly bush, basically put the gardens to bed.
Though the collards are still green in the veggie garden, guess I have another meal there.

50s and 60's predicted until Christmas.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,017  
Drew, I have 2 Venezuelan ladies that clean, one speaks conversational English, one says hi and goodbye. I don’t speak Portuguese so it works out well! :D

Sounds like a lot of us have gone far for little.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,018  
60°F and another .54 inches rain last 24 hours.

Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #66,019  
Drew, I have 2 Venezuelan ladies that clean, one speaks conversational English, one says hi and goodbye. I don’t speak Portuguese so it works out well! :D

Sounds like a lot of us have gone far for little.

Randy, they speak Spanish in Venezuela. Portuguese is in Brazil.

FWIW ..... thank you, in Portuguese is ...... obrigado.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,020  
Our two cleaning ladies of 15 years are from Mexico, speak little English, do a good job and are honest.

They don’t work on their English and I haven’t learned any Spanish.

In 20 years, Spanish will be the norm in many parts of Texas, and we have no one to blame but ourselves!