Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #80,411  
Daugen,
Spent most of my life in rural Florida and Charleston, South Carolina. After a handful of years in DC (Arlington), I ran away to the hills.

Welcome ABOI! Useful idiots I would surmise.

Drew, Wiring an ac motor is pretty straight forward, but wiring up a three phase converter is a little more of a question. The guy I bought it from helped me and took it loose and twisted all of the wires together when I was not looking. :( Think I can do it just have to get to it.

Ed
Ed, I want a rotary phase converter for my 3 phase. I have the motor, I just need about a spare $700 or so, to get it running. I need the capacitor cabinet, with all the thick copper wire going and coming....I'm not an electrician either. I would have to copy someone else's work.

CWB, If we could mix your air with my air, I would be happy at around 70F.

Eric, fishing is one of those things that the time spent doing, is not taken off of life's end.

Ron, kitchen islands are neat if you have room. Are you thinking of having one with electrical outlet and a sink?

Jay, where are you? Prayers sent your way just in case.

Roy, Dunkirk is on my list too.

My wife dropped Netflix for some controversial programming (which happened to just be the final straw) and now we are down to Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Time to get ready for church.

Another hot one 104F expected in the area. We've only had .3" of rain since 4th of July. And it's been really hot folks..

Farmer, how's your new truck? Had to jump start it yet? Park it on a hill to help push start it? Just kidding of course. Hope you enjoy it and it does it's job well. I'm seeing a lot of hay being hauled. With not much rain, hay people are not expecting much for the last cutting as of now.

Have a great blessed day.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,412  
Good Morning!!!! 77F @ 8:00AM. Sunny. High 96F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

A good rotary phase converter may not be as expensive as you think, Drew. The load center and converter sold to me by Jay at American Rotary/Gentec ran about $450 plus shipping, and that included three switches for turning it on and off remotely (one at each machine tool). The installation was very straight forward and I did it myself. I found the 7.5 HP idler motor on Craig's List for $75, and later picked up another one for the same price. They're both Baldors IIRC.

The first three phase tool I purchased, Ed, was the Lagun milling machine. The seller demonstrated it running, and I carefully photographed each connection before he took them apart. I've used those photos each time I've moved the darn thing...:thumbsup: If you didn't get any documentation with your phase converter, perhaps you can find some online by searching with the make and model number.

Finished a strut to support the back part of the saddle bag mount on the old BMW yesterday. It makes the third leg of a triangle formed by the seat loop, main frame, and new strut. It should keep the seat loop from breaking just aft of the shock absorber mount. Hope to start the left side mount today, which will also include a hanger for the muffler, so a bit more complicated. And it all has to line up with the one on the right side or it'll come out looking funny...:confused2:

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #80,413  
72°F and 1.55 inches rain. Had one clap of thunder and lightning so close, so violent everybody was shook. Both dogs and cat trembling. Kekoa wouldn’t even take treat or eat for about 2 hours. Haven’t found any damage yet so hopeful.

Hope it dries enough to resume mowing the field but that might be asking a bit much
I did take advantage of the weather and put together a hearty beef stew in the IP.
Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #80,414  
Ron, kitchen islands are neat if you have room. Are you thinking of having one with electrical outlet and a sink?
We have lots of room for a Island counter. No sink. But will have a place for two to eat and electric to run an air fryer, induction plate and IP at the same time.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,415  
Back in for the day. Pond maintenance done. Fields are mowed. Also spread weed killer along fence line. Much better than yesterday when temp was in the 80’s while mowing. Today in the low 70’s.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,416  
We have lots of room for a Island counter. No sink. But will have a place for two to eat and electric to run an air fryer, induction plate and IP at the same time.

Sounds ideal

/ Good morning!!!! #80,417  
Home from church. Fed the family with Little Caesars pizza. Will drive our pastor to the airport in about another 30 minutes.

RNG, I want to see how those frame mounts hold up after you do some triple jumps. :) My motor for my rotary 3 phase will need to work with my 25hp electric motor....I have 2 of them, both brand new, but old. One is 10 years old Baldor, the other is a high dollar one but about 20 years old. I might should take it apart and put fresh grease since it has been sitting. That begs a question. Do 25 Hp 3 phase motors typically have sealed bearings? One of my motors has a grease zert. I know I am not an electrical engineer, nor electrician.

Sodamo, I hope lightning didn't cause any damage. Shell shock is bad enough.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,418  
RNG, I want to see how those frame mounts hold up after you do some triple jumps. :) My motor for my rotary 3 phase will need to work with my 25hp electric motor....I have 2 of them, both brand new, but old. One is 10 years old Baldor, the other is a high dollar one but about 20 years old. I might should take it apart and put fresh grease since it has been sitting. That begs a question. Do 25 Hp 3 phase motors typically have sealed bearings? One of my motors has a grease zert. I know I am not an electrical engineer, nor electrician.

Near as I can tell, as long as the idler motor is the same size or larger than any of the other motors, everything will work out fine. I just gave the name plate data from the idler motor I was using to Jay the application engineer, and he had the correct capacitors installed into the cabinet for the phase converter. I'm pretty sure he gave me a recommendation for wiring types and gauge as well after I told him how far apart things would be set up. A copy of Ugli's would tell you, too. Next year will be the system's tenth anniversary, so Jay and I must have both done something right!

As far as the bearings go, take the motor apart and you'll find out.:D Any decent bearing house should be able to supply new ones, but you might want to specify the maker. I learned the hard way that just telling them SKF didn't guarantee bearings made in a first world country, so be careful.

Oh, and my idler motor squeals when it's cold, so I might should take it apart for grease, too.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,419  
Home from church. Fed the family with Little Caesars pizza. Will drive our pastor to the airport in about another 30 minutes.

RNG, I want to see how those frame mounts hold up after you do some triple jumps. :)

Triple jumps?:shocked: I doubt I can even lift the front wheel, let alone get airborne. Well, maybe if it got pushed out of an airplane. It'll be pushing 500 pounds with the luggage on and a full tank of fuel. Not exactly motocross material, is it?:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #80,420  
IMG_0393.JPGIMG_0394.JPGIMG_0395.JPGView attachment 5IMG_0394.JPGIMG_0395.JPGIMG_0396.JPGIMG_0397.JPG67569] Pics of the lathe with tooling and 3 phase converter Ed