Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #80,431  
2018-08-20, 0323

59 right now...high today, about 80.

Good weekend...Sunday, especially...got all my chores done! While I was weed trimming the fence line, I found some bear scat just outside the fence (fence is around the back yard). From the size of the scat, I'd guess it was a grown male passing through

/ Good morning!!!! #80,432  
Do you ever wake up with aches and have to think for a while before you remember the cause ? I woke and drifted back to sleep several times before I realised my arms must be protesting at the length of time it took me yesterday to start cutting up an oak tree that has being dying as long as I've known it. It had only a few dozen leaves last year and this year gave up completely. On the positive side, although it's not very tall for an oak, it's an old tree and there is a lot of firewood there. The not so positive is that I can't just fell it with a chainsaw as most of it overhangs the far side of the fishing pond, so I want to cut it into pieces that can be floated away instead of it becoming embedded in the bottom of the pond.

Even with a new blade fitted, a couple of hours sawing well seasoned oak with a pole saw at maximum extension while wearing chest waders and a hard hat is tough exercise. Very satisfying though when a branch finally hits the water and sends a wave across the pond. So much fun that I had intended doing some more today, except now it feels like my arms have other ideas.

Thomas, hope you found your missing gamecam without having to wrestle the bear to get it back.

Ed, that lathe looks a serious piece of kit, should keep you busy for a long time.

Kyle, hope that sort of excitement is a once in a lifetime for your son.

Brogen must be taking Jay for a really long walk.

Don, wow what a workshop ! Not much chance of cabin fever for you this winter.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,433  
68 high of 84 more storms later today. Numerous storms yesterday 1 inch of rain some more today a lot more tomorrow and ground is soggy again

Quite the wreck Ed glad no one was seriously hurt, the woes of drinking and driving

Prayers for those in need

/ Good morning!!!! #80,434  
looks like rain has stopped, for awhile, woke up to thunderbooms, about quarter inch of rain.
Waiting for things to dry up a little before picking okra, peppers and tomatoes, then a run to food pantry with this week's
haul. Nice to see some tomatoes starting to grow again, all that rain really messed up the garden. I planted a second batch of cucumbers, they should be coming in soon also.

72 going up to 88 today, rain cools the day down a bit
Hope you all have a great day.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,435  
Coffee finished brewing. 59° with some clouds this morning. Heading to 82° with partly cloudy skies. Off to get the MRI I have waiting for couple of months. Hope it shows what the problem is. Then cut lawn when I get back. It's growing fast with the rain and warm temperatures. Also have a couple of items to show to buyers this afternoon. That I listed on Facebook Marketplace.

Anyone else having problems with Chrome not doing Spell Check. It has stopped working. Settings will not allow enable. Have tried everything except delete and reinstall.

Ed, nice lathe. Make sure you keep carriage drive screw cleaned and lubed. That's what made my cross-feed parts go bad. On my lathe that part is always turning when drive screw is on. I only have it on if I am doing carriage feed anymore. You should be able to find out how to wire a static converter on Google. My static converter has been working for years with no problems. While it limits power to motor. It has never stalled on me. Belts slip long before motor stalls.
Nasty accident.

Jay, where are you?

Kyle, glad they got their man.

Riptide, nice walk-in. What color are you painting it.

Eric, be careful on the tree project. I thinks that's when my arm problems started. Takes a lot to handle a pole saw.

Don, very nice wood shop. You have any projects in mind?

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,436  
Eric Salop
Thomas, hope you found your missing gamecam without having to wrestle the bear to get it back.
Thanks Eric but no luck finding cam, evidence points towards a bear like last year thief.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,437  
Good morning all, 67 going to 77 with a 60% chance of showers and later a 50% chance of T-storms. Got almost 2/10's yesterday. Big storm just west and north of us and we got a good shower. Hope to get some wiring done today but we will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the well wishes in the lathe, I have dreamed of this for over 40 years.

Kyle, glad everything turned out well for you and your family.

Prayers sent, Have a great day. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #80,438  
55F partly cloudy low 80's for high.

Yesterday was good outside day for whatever...mow the lawn,clean and swept the shed,PM the trimmers etc. etc.
2 wild turkeys tested Mrs. patience level :eek: 1 turkey decided to start pecking both rear quarter panel fenders of her car...not good..not good at all.
Both foxes show up right on time sunset for the goodies,little female sweetie the way she acts,male always on mission.
E muffin feed the little ones slow roll to work.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #80,439  
[QUOTE=Eric Salop
Do you ever wake up with aches and have to think for a while before you remember the cause ? I woke and drifted back to sleep several times before I realised my arms must be protesting at the length of time it took me yesterday to start cutting up an oak tree that has being dying as long as I've known it. It had only a few dozen leaves last year and this year gave up completely. On the positive side, although it's not very tall for an oak, it's an old tree and there is a lot of firewood there. The not so positive is that I can't just fell it with a chainsaw as most of it overhangs the far side of the fishing pond, so I want to cut it into pieces that can be floated away instead of it becoming embedded in the bottom of the pond.

Even with a new blade fitted, a couple of hours sawing well seasoned oak with a pole saw at maximum extension while wearing chest waders and a hard hat is tough exercise. Very satisfying though when a branch finally hits the water and sends a wave across the pond. So much fun that I had intended doing some more today, except now it feels like my arms have other ideas.

You'll have more and more morning as such the older you get and you'll get use to it. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #80,440  
Buppies, send me some of that rain, it keeps just missing here.

Ed, nice machine, can you salvage anything off the wreck to play with? Lol

Rip, nice carpentry!

Kyle, they didn’t find your still did they?

71 now and Not as hot today but still mid 80s and thick humidity.

Have a great day guys!