Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,452  
Good morning. A chilly 40* and a high of only 55 today and mostly cloudy. Got my big brush pile burnt yesterday without catching anything else on fire - which is good. Have to clean out the kitchen today as the remodel begins tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,453  
Starting off a cool 43F this morning and calling for a high of 77F but don;t think it will get this warm. Mix of sun/cloud. Plan is to clean out a ditch, and then some drain rock, pipe and topped with more drain rock. May go in the bush and clean a road to a downed fir tree.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,455  
Morning Mousefield,
I was across the island from you a few weeks back doing a little fishing out of Ucluelet. Way more fun than ditch work!:D 31lbs in the boat.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #5,457  
Is your sow able to look after all the piglets?

She's a good Mama. Has 12 or 14 teats (haven't counted lately). All of them are feisty little things, including the runt. When we went out for chores, there were 4 already out. She took a break and had breakfast and then lay back down to pop out the rest. took about 2 hours and she just stayed down the entire time. As each piglet got free of the umbilical- the found there way to a teat and had their own breakfast. The runt was pretty persistent in trying to nudge his way in- shoved some of the bigger ones out of the way a couple of times. I do expect a couple to drop off over the next day or two- survival of the fittest.

Her very first litter a couple of years ago was 17. I was dumbfounded because they kept coming out! Unfortunately, with so many, the average birth weight was low so we had quite a few drop off in the first several days. We are sort of prepared with a "P-ICU" to try and nurse weak or injured one's but most often the effort doesn't pay off.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,458  
Got up to 38 degrees outside and 67 inside the house. We're suppose to have a hard frost tonight. Been playing with LoopCad the last couple of days to get my pex routing figured out for the barn. Got the 30 day free trial. Figured it would be good enough for the barn layout. I always laugh, on another site I frequent when ever someone starts talking about radiant heat and pex there is a Heating/Cooling guy who wants to do a load calculation. I told him my barn will be super sealed with 6 inches of spray foam in the walls and 40" of fiberglass in ceiling.
Wedge

/ Good morning!!!! #5,459  
Beautiful cool day today, loving this weather! Been reseeding the front yard, adding in some mums and pumpkins and such to decorate the front yard.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,460  
Morning 38 at 4:00 and it still suppose to drop a few degrees. They are predicting frost later this morning. Got lunch packed, coffee in me and ready a tad early this morning. Guess I'll be using the heat in the car this morning.

Wedge