Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #36,571  
Good Afternoon. 1405, partly cloudy, 93F {110 HI} with 60% humidity. Forecast high of 91F with 60% chance of rain today, and a low of 76F tonight.

I was up at 0530 {early for me}, and spent all morning getting my hydro system set up. Last night I had put together a shelving unit, got the holes cut in the lid, drilled holes in 8 small pots, hooked up the air-pump and started to fill the tub with water. So all I had to do this morning was hang the lights and make a spot to put it. In order to put it by the plants already by the east facing window I had to move the desk over and move the credenza down the wall a little ways. Before it was over I had traded out my big old speakers for small new speakers, moved an old computer, monitor and other accessories, moved current computer, monitor and accessories, moved the TV, moved the stationary bike, Gazelle and other exercise equipment and moved my gardening table.

I got it done before I had to leave for work, but I was cutting it close. {The room is still in a tumble. I'll worry about that another day} I got 3 cucumber, 3 squash and 2 Armenian cucumber plants in the hydro system, plus I put a long, lanky tomato that was in a pot under the lights as well. Last night I put 3 kinds of pepper and 2 kinds of tomato seeds {including a purple one} in starter plugs. I'll rig up the other tub when they sprout. Or I may wait til I can get some rockwool starter plugs and put these in soil. I hate to get the water messed up with peat moss, but neither Lowe's nor Walmart have very hydro friendly garden departments.

Good bye old friends. Hello younger skinny new friends.

001.jpg

I think I will like the temp in this garden much better than my outside one.

027.jpg

You guys have a good one,

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #36,572  
Larro, I got tuckered out just reading all that...remember it's hot out there.

rain coming down here, nice gentle rain for once.
I got almost two hours in weedeating the driveway and came back a filthy mess. Only got a quarter done. I'm beating right up against the side of the macadam so the line doesn't last very long. Also mowed the orchard; good thing with this rain it will be sprouting up again. Bugs ate almost every leaf off a pin oak tree I planted and I see some damage on a few fruit trees. Am waiting for this wet weather to pass to spray again. Sure are a lot of bugs around here...luckily not too many of them biting me.

Baked a pizza for dinner and several pans of brownies to give away, while the oven was hot. Snitched a few, wrecked my appetite, no surprise... made a fresh pot of coffee and I'm going to watch some movies.
Friday night date night. Snore.

/ Good morning!!!!
#36,574  
Another great day here, got a little bit done, going out to mow the yard in a few. Have a good one!

/ Good morning!!!! #36,575  
I am...but probably not more than 3 or 4 hours.

Dang. You need a break before summer escapes.

I 'finished' the rock retaining wall. Looks pretty ragged. I'll let it set over winter and decide if it's too ugly to live with next spring. In 20-20 hindsight I should have spent the money to pour nice concrete wing walls to retain the earth berms then faced that with brick or something.

Heavy clouds moved in this afternoon and the humidity shot up. Not drive you inside hot & humid but it slows me down for sure. Rocks weigh more in humid air. :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #36,576  
Good Afternoon. 1405, partly cloudy, 93F {110 HI} with 60% humidity. Forecast high of 91F with 60% chance of rain today, and a low of 76F tonight.

I was up at 0530 {early for me}, and spent all morning getting my hydro system set up. Last night I had put together a shelving unit, got the holes cut in the lid, drilled holes in 8 small pots, hooked up the air-pump and started to fill the tub with water. So all I had to do this morning was hang the lights and make a spot to put it. In order to put it by the plants already by the east facing window I had to move the desk over and move the credenza down the wall a little ways. Before it was over I had traded out my big old speakers for small new speakers, moved an old computer, monitor and other accessories, moved current computer, monitor and accessories, moved the TV, moved the stationary bike, Gazelle and other exercise equipment and moved my gardening table.

I got it done before I had to leave for work, but I was cutting it close. {The room is still in a tumble. I'll worry about that another day} I got 3 cucumber, 3 squash and 2 Armenian cucumber plants in the hydro system, plus I put a long, lanky tomato that was in a pot under the lights as well. Last night I put 3 kinds of pepper and 2 kinds of tomato seeds {including a purple one} in starter plugs. I'll rig up the other tub when they sprout. Or I may wait til I can get some rockwool starter plugs and put these in soil. I hate to get the water messed up with peat moss, but neither Lowe's nor Walmart have very hydro friendly garden departments.

Good bye old friends. Hello younger skinny new friends.

View attachment 436719

I think I will like the temp in this garden much better than my outside one.

View attachment 436720

You guys have a good one,

Larro

LOL, I still have my big old JBL L200 speakers. My wife won't let me put them in the great room. :) I push them with an old McIntosh amp.

Roy, hope your foot problems get solved.

Don, It is miserably hot. I'm tired of cooking.

Signed,

Half baked.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,577  
Working out the ins and outs of a new fuel cell design at work. Contemplating using Aluminum Beryllium (AlBeMet) for the 2 bookend plates. Very interesting material. 1/3 lighter than Aluminum, much stronger flexural modulus. Lot of dangers machining Beryllium. The dust is bad for your lungs.

We are wrapping up the final touches on another fuel cell for the Navy.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,578  
LOL, I still have my big old JBL L200 speakers. My wife won't let me put them in the great room. :) I push them with an old McIntosh amp.

Roy, hope your foot problems get solved.

Don, It is miserably hot. I'm tired of cooking.

Signed,

Half baked.

I'm not saying it's hot out side, but I had to stand next to the lit barbeque just to cool off.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,579  
I'm not saying it's hot out side, but I had to stand next to the lit barbeque just to cool off.

I was wondering - Why light the pit? then it occurred to me that you want slooow cooking.

/ Good morning!!!! #36,580  
I was wondering - Why light the pit? then it occurred to me that you want slooow cooking.

Because the pit gives off cool air compared to the ambient temperature.

foghorn-leghorn-its-a-joke.png