Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #89,951  
Good morning all,

25 this morning but warming up, already 30 now.

Tried to get my 30' PJ trailer out to gather up more of my farm stuff from my brothers place. The snow was just to deep and I couldn't even get it to move an inch. Looks like it'll have to wait till the snow melts.:thumbdown:

My wife was not waiting, she dug and dug and dug until we could get the trailer out. Got some of my stuff.

Bale sweep, Bale forks and the V-rake.

DSCN3517.JPG
DSCN3518.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #89,952  
Nice rig Lynn what are you hooking the Chains to in the front

Society is indeed degerating rapidly lack of family has a part but there are others and we are seeing history repeat itself

Busy day but rain out tomorrow

They doctors do not know why Ca is so high back to drawing board

/ Good morning!!!! #89,953  
Good job CAT.

Calling for 2-4" snow tonight. Already told work I'm working from home tomorrow. Some programming work. Worked a 10 hr day. Just got home.

/ Good morning!!!! #89,954  
Nice rig Lynn what are you hooking the Chains to in the front

Society is indeed degerating rapidly lack of family has a part but there are others and we are seeing history repeat itself

Busy day but rain out tomorrow

They doctors do not know why Ca is so high back to drawing board

Thanks,

There is a big hook right in front of the axle facing backwards. I just loop the chain around it.

DSCN3519.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #89,955  
Record breaking snow here is western Oregon.
Power has been out for most of us since Sunday. We ended up with 18” of wet snow. Other locations got 24”. This all happened below 1000FT elevation. Not sure how much the mtn passes ended up with.

57297494042__4F6031B2-8B4B-455D-91B9-476FC81ACAC0.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #89,956  
Ortimber,
That's when you're glad you have the equipment to take care of it.:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #89,957  
Ortimber-

I am happy to read that you are maintaining almost "normal" operations despite the weather and/or weather-related challenges.

Too many people live w/o backup plans.

I have never seen weather/weather patterns like this.

Hang in there

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #89,958  
Ortimber,
That's when you're glad you have the equipment to take care of it.:thumbsup:

Yes, we are fortunate to have everything we need to clear trees and other debris. My son and I cleared about 4 miles of our 2 lane road on Monday. It’s about 10 miles to town and we were just too tired to continue.

/ Good morning!!!! #89,959  
Ortimber-

I am happy to read that you are maintaining almost "normal" operations despite the weather and/or weather-related challenges.

Too many people live w/o backup plans.

I have never seen weather/weather patterns like this.

Hang in there

Thank you! Agreed, the weather patterns are definitely abnormal. We just got back from Kentucky and the rain they are having was the talk of the town.

Yes, we are faring very well. My wife and I are by no means “preppers” but we do maintain enough necessities to hold us over for a couple of weeks if necessary. This is the first time we’ve been tested. Nearly every friend I have got caught off guard. I would’ve been able to support 15-20 people but no one could reach our house. So, my wife and I have had a nice quite staycation! Best estimate is our power will be off for about another week.

My only complaint is that I waited too long to buy a diesel generator. Our Honda 5KW is doing just fine, but I don’t store much gas normally. About a week ago I bought 25 gallons for no particular reason. Guess that was a blessing!

A few necessities while leaving the house

IMG_0840.jpg

57297496464__1180F97F-0AC1-404A-B5CA-5B6BEB52AA35.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #89,960  
Drew, it is supposed to freeze here, possibly 3 nights in a row. I have 12 young tomato plants that will somehow get covered.

Kyle, I致e been bald for a long time. Hair is highly overrated. Plus I致e not spent a penny on shampoo in 30 years. Haircuts are also very cheap.....

I’ve been on statins for 30 or so years. I’ve managed to keep my blood chemistry in check, I haven’t observed much in the way of side effects. But I did start taking the statins in the morning, I feel better that way.

Still chuckling, thanks for sharing.

Confused about the wood cutting comments. I was sitting on my couch watching them work out my back window.

Here is the tree that caused the outage. My property follows this road to the right. Tree was in ROW, not on my property. It broke a pole also.View attachment 593622

That tree was a bit bigger than the one Randy initially posted.

2019-02-28, 0326

8 degrees right now...high in the mid-20's today and possible snow showers.

We brought Suzette home yesterday! Initially, she had that hospital look...old lady and shuffling. After a few hours she became her old self. She'll be on oxygen or air for a while, so there is a generator in the living room with a long enough hose for her to get into the bedroom and kitchen. We also have a half dozen small oxygen bottles for portable use. I'm really hoping she can wean herself off supplementary oxygen quickly.

So glad she's home. Hope she gets off O2 soon. Sooner the better.

Bird, sorry your wifey has to stay on it and take treatments. Hopefully they help her feel better.

Eric, my friends are over in Oxford. The wife took their 11 year old son over to some museum. Possibly a former prison?? Anyway the curator/tour guide was walking the crowd around and asked "What happened of significance in 1066?" After a few moments, the son holds his hand up and said "Was it The Norman Invasion?"... Mom was proud. There's a ray of hope for us Americans.....Son will probably come home with an accent and misspell tire. :)