Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,231  
70°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 95° today. Humidity has dropped to 66%.

The foster pup went back to the vet yesterday. He said it was a permanent tooth she damaged, so he had to extract it. Turned out the roots were fused together and mostly hollow, so it was weak anyway. She was her regular bouncy and obnoxious self when The Wife brought her home last night.
Wouldn't it be nice if we were all more like dogs ...

Glad you weren't hurt, Randy.

Sounds like a big day at the Gadget Compound, Paul. Hope everyone ends the day smiling.

Mexican food always sounds good, RNG. We haven't done that in awhile.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,232  
PJ, you and your wife are special folks to be taking in those foster dogs. I love to watch the pet videos on youtube.

congrats to Wingsprd and Popgadget's kids for good news in their lives.

about to start light rain most of day, much cooler out, headed out now to JD dealer about 45 minutes away to get standard blades for my loaner mower
and take off the mulcher. My lawn in the rear stays too damp from rain and weeds to use the mulcher, made a real mess. Should be fine with standard
blades. Friend will come over on Sunday afternoon and we will put the mower lift together and then change the blades.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,233  
HEB grocery stores dropped their face mask mandate Wednesday. The last store in the area to do so. Yesterday 90% of the customers did not wear mask. I'm staring to think I can take my face masks out of the vehicles at last.

Randy, have you thought about replacing the awning with a roof?

I’ve actually considered making it a 4 season room.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,235  
Good morning! 77˚F heading to the mid 90s, partly cloudy.

Drew, I too am watching the cruise lines now that Texas has jumped with the Florida ship of no vaccine mandates. Houston's Methodist Hospital suspended 178 employees for 2 weeks for not being vaccinated. After the two weeks they will be fired if they still are not vaccinated.
Isn’t there a big lawsuit over that?

/ Good morning!!!! #134,236  
I'm sure quite a few law firms will find fertile billing grounds in the vaccination debate.

drove in rain all the way to JD dealer, waved at Popgadget as I went by.
Dealer was very reasonable, 35 bucks for a set of three blades.
And I'll be darned, I just realized he didn't charge me for the three new blade bolts. Not on the bill but
as he said with a smile all your stuff is in the box. Which it was, including the three shiny bolts.
That was nice of him, guess their inventory control is visual. Or the bolt was generic.
But now I realize from the smile on his face that he knew darn well I was getting a freebie, since
I was waiting for my new mower to come in from his place and they all knew the problems with backorders.
I bet he is waiting for parts too.

I brought the heavier rain home with me, coming down steadily but no wind, so everything is getting a good drink.
Wish I could send some of this water out West. Read a headline that among others Oregon was having real water problems.
As in no water. Certain parts of Texas have had way more than they wanted, that water should get pumped West, bet it would fetch
a good price. Would be a good use for some cancelled pipeline piping...

/ Good morning!!!! #134,237  
75F and cloudy @ 13:00, headed up to a high of 79F. Chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Woke up @ 08:00, went back to bed for a couple of hours ... so slow start.

Looks like most of the rain activity is south of us at the moment ... if that holds up, I'll probably work on getting the next 10 bags of lime spread on the lawn after I finish my inside chores.

If I get that done, will probably see about snagging the motorcycle/atv jack from up in the shop and bringing it down to the house so I change out the blades and clean the deck on the Cub.

The Woman reports that the N. multifasciatus in the living room tank have spawned.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #134,238  
4 hrs later, still 63° and still light rain. Now 1.17” for the day. Radar shows some heavier coming soon.

Well, that unfinished pipeline goes from Alberta to southern Nebraska. Maybe they can use it to move maple syrup, or fairy dust

Culpeper VA has gotten over 9” of rain.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,239  
67°F and .22 inches rain, just enough, often enough light drizzle to keep everything too wet to mow.

Guys lost at H&F. That may have been good for the long run though.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day