Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,451  
Good Morning.

I got a call while I was getting turned around in the Bahamas that an old friend and hangar neighbor crashed the plane that he built near my local airport. He was airlifted from the scene, but when I got home I learned that he didn’t survive. He was 79, and a Naval aviator, later retired from TWA. A superb pilot and a certificated aircraft mechanic. The plane that he built was pristine, a work of art. I have no idea what could have happened, there are reports of an inflight fire, but do detailed or accurate information yet.
I am still digesting the news, it’s not easy to process.
Truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friend popgadget. A very sad time for you and his family.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,452  
Good morning all.
Cool morning but I need to wash the car early as I am heading for Brisbane to look at a car. It is about 4 years old and only travelled a bit over 5,000 klm so it is like new. Owned by a very fastidious owner. He did say if it is raining he can't come as he refuses to take it out in the rain. I am meeting him at my stepsons home.
It is a car I have wanted for many years and now I can make it happen. It's a Ford Mustang 2017 V8. Ruby Red colour. I have only had photos to date but I have spoken to the seller several times. Seems a real nice guy.
M1.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #134,453  
Popgadget, sorry for the tragic loss of your friend.

Change of plans this morning after I noticed Whipper was sick. We Took her to the vet, she was diagnosed with Cushing's disease. She is resting at home with some medications from the vet.

We are on a ozone action day today, very bright no clouds.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,455  
Got the new pieces for the camper today, so finished the last trim piece, with new rain deflectors on both ends. Had a hard time getting the old back one off, here they had stapled it behind the rain gutter. I had to pull the rain gutter off at the end to get to the staple. But that job is done. Need to wash it, especially the front.
Next job is to replace the awning. That will require drilling out some rivets. Hope I can find the YouTube video again, for my model.
New taillight with built in license plate holder comes Sunday.
Should put water in tank and check for leaks. Been winterized 2 yrs now.

Sun already down by the time I started Mowing along creek, got the steep parts mowed, then started mowing field and my son came out to take over. He got half of field mowed and went till after 9 when it got dark.

Wife finished planting new corn where it didn’t grow. Potatoes doing well
IMG_0040.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #134,456  
Good evening all. 69F for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind again today, sky stayed clear, and high temp was 94F. Men's Meeting this morning, then finish clean up of dead bush branches. After lunch bike maintenance (chain clean and lube) and wash then brake adjust. Still need to change mower oil.
Covid update: Cooke 3235 confirmed cases, 5 active cases, Montague 1780 confirmed cases, 1 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases, local not updated.
David good news on Sophie! Sorry about the rules not being relaxed. Only mask requirement I know of is meals on wheels deliveries here.
Roy good luck with auditors
Scaredy Hi back :)
Ron hope you got some mowing in, Nice robin
Thomas hope tree and puttering went well.
Drew hope PT and Helga went well. Good luck plant shopping
Don hope your humidity dropped some today.
Paul nice pic, glad trip went well. Condolences on loss of friend.
RNG good luck digging
RS good repurpose on the stand. What kind of bush around stand? Look a lot the bushes that tops died in Feb cold.
RS Shrimp Newburg was quite tasty, had more for lunch today. 0 wind penalty is very rare.
Ken at this point, the house being raised look like the house on Mississippi River. Suspect the Cape May houses will look better ;) nice pic
PJ good luck trapping ground hog
David hope weather allowed for progress
RS sorry about the jam.
Drew hope the neem oil worked, good to hear the loaner mowed well.
Doug pretty car hope you can get it.
Don sorry about Whipper, what is outlook like?
Dennis hope you can use RV this year
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and car crash,Bird/aging issues, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/recovery, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,457  
My wife is a biking nut. She takes one long bike trip a year. Usually old railway lines turned into trails.

On Monday, she and some friends will drive to Cincinnati and bike the Ohio to Erie trail. From Cincinnati to Cleveland —- and back! 540 miles!

They hope to complete the trip in 6 days. That is almost 90 miles a day. Every day.

Did I mention she is a biking nut?

She just had her bike tuned at the shop. She does not trust me on that task.

MoKelly

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,458  
55F and clear @ 23:30, headed down to a low of 48F.

Got the 800 lbs of lime spread on the lower front but probably need another bag or two to finish it. Two passes, second at 90 degrees to the first.

Woman fixed me a Hebrew National chili dog for lunch.

After that I did some compost screening, then took the rest of the vegetable plants around back to the blueberry patch/raised bed "garden", along with digging tools, the hand spreader, and a 40 lb bag of gypsum while she went out and did some (more) grocery shopping.

Also took the Stihl pole saw as well, cut down two branches off the dying maple and hauled those up to the burn pile. Stilll have to do the red bud tree.

Did quite a bit more more compost screening.

Came back down to house to take a break - all the seat time was cutting off circulation in my legs and my feet were tingling.

Mixed up 20 gallons of RM18 in the sprayer for tomorrow.

Went back up and did some more compost screening until The Woman came up and got me to plant vegetable plants in the ground. Screened compost pile is now replenished ... (y)

Spread the 40 lbs of gypsum and worked it into the soil with the FS 66 brush cutter and the BC 4 cultivator head.

This was "Kombi" ... before Kombi was even a twinkle in Hans Peter Stihl's eye:

IMG_1150 copy.jpg

IMG_1149 copy.jpg

The Woman raked out the soil as I cultivated it, and then she put the plants in: 2 more sweet pepper, 6 hot pepper, and 1 cauliflower.

I watered them in with some Miracle Grow using the hose-end sprayer.

After that she headed in with some of the tools and I took some time to just sit in one of newly acquired lawn chairs and enjoy the evening watching the birds ... before I gathered up the rest of the stuff and headed inside.

Then we had dinner - Tikka Masala again, but with chicken breasts and a different brand sauce this time around.

After that I fed the fish ... since it was going on three days since they were last fed if memory serves ... :eek:

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #134,459  
2021-06-17, 0339

52 right now, high in the low 70's today...

The auditors coming to the plant today finished an audit at a sister company yesterday...4 majors, 6 minors. That's way too many. I wasn't there, but unless the systems (which we share) have really deteriorated since the previous Quality Manager, some of those findings had to be bogus.
We'll see how it goes here (at our facility) today and tomorrow

/ Good morning!!!! #134,460  
Good morning all.
Cool morning but I need to wash the car early as I am heading for Brisbane to look at a car. It is about 4 years old and only travelled a bit over 5,000 klm so it is like new. Owned by a very fastidious owner. He did say if it is raining he can't come as he refuses to take it out in the rain. I am meeting him at my stepsons home.
It is a car I have wanted for many years and now I can make it happen. It's a Ford Mustang 2017 V8. Ruby Red colour. I have only had photos to date but I have spoken to the seller several times. Seems a real nice guy.View attachment 702720
Drove it, loved it, bought it. :)