Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,301  
77 now, got to 90 today.
Tomorrow is our second anniversary,
so we went to Red Lobster for an early dinner. I hadn’t been there in years, not what it use to be. Food I got was okay but menu was very limited, now they sell hamburgers and chicken.
Finished some more stone work today. Now I’ve got to do something about that old lattice. I think we are going to end up using the 30” vinyl fencing for the decks, not sure about the tractor shed.
We still have two more areas to stone.
IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

IMG_4776.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #135,302  
Good evening! Still 83 here.

did some stuff in the garden this morning. Then decided to tackle rebuilding the steering on the one Craftsman garden tractor. Took far long than I thought. Seems the PO had made an aluminum bushing out of soft material for the sector shaft instead of the correct bushings. The aluminum tube was mushroomed and was a bear to remove. With all new bushings and sector shaft, it steers quite good. Sharpened the blades and gave the deck a good cleaning too.

Then made a base gasket for the Bultaco race bike. You can’t buy base gaskets that are even close to correct. Just have to tweak the new gasket around the case counterbores for the O-rings that are being added to better seal the cylinder studs.

Will find out how my Covid anti-bodies are hanging in there in a couple of weeks. Got a follow up appointment and getting tested again. They we’re still robust in May.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,303  
Good Day from smokey BC, stay safe out there - fire risk and temperatures are both high. Managing as best we can. Storming anticipated tonight, strange times.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,305  
81F and clear @ 21:30, headed down to a low of 70F for the overnight. High hit 90F. Attic fan just shut off.

To my surprise The Woman wanted to get out there and get the rest of the hosta planted, which she did (after very careful cleaning of the roots of anything she deemed might be that invasive shrub)

While she was doing that I worked on digging up more dirt from the pile up by the gas well, hauling it down to the south side of the pole barn, dumping it, and then running over it to compact it. I got deep enough into the pile of dirt that I've started to run into the tunnels of the ground hog burrow. Apparently hit a couple of food storehouses from the looks of it.

I took a break every so often to fill the watering can for her as she worked. This little guy keeps showing up on the watering can ... apparently likes the moisture:

IMG_1199 copy.jpg

When she finished up there, we came down to the house and hung up the string for her sweet potato vines. She apparently has a dahlia right there that she planted as well, that will be incorporated into this rigging.

Then I started the charcoal and we grilled up some burgers and zucchini, yellow squash, and onions:

IMG_1200 copy.jpg

After dinner we went out and watered the garden. Groundhog is becoming a little problematic and will have to be dealt with, one way or another.

I sat for a little while watching the mother bluebird bringing food for her young ones before I filled the hopper feeder and came on in.

Still have to run the trash up to the road before I call it a day.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #135,306  
Picked up end tables for my son, then toured a civil war battlefield, then early supper at a steak place. Had a good prime rib.
Turning in early need to get going early in morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,307  
Good evening all. Yesterday's weather 77 for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. light to moderate wind, partly cloudy sky, and high temp of 88F. Chapel to start day, made wife's breakfast, then join the July 4 bike ride. Most riders started earlier, and got 100 miles in, I did 61. did get nap in, Wife did want to take boat out, so went to friends drive to watch fireworks. Today's weather 71F for the start, partly cloudy light breeze. light wind day, partly to mostly cloudy and high temp 88F HI 94F DP 69F. Cleaning lady prep, then mow front lawn then bike ride and nap.
Covid update: Cooke 3246 confirmed cases, 7 active cases, Montague 1792 confirmed cases, 7 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases.
Missed posting yesterday because of watching fireworks. Starting with yesterdays posts:
Dennis Thanks for info. Nice size lake
David nice job on the flail. Hope you don't have to take it apart :)
Kyle sorry to hear about the church camp, good news on hay deal.
Ron hoped you enjoyed the parade. glad trees down no problem.
Drew you can also hear the roots blowers on the EMD engines screaming away as well.
Phil quite the wet forecast
Buppies thanks for update on hand
Thomas hope your day went well.
Rich sorry about microwave. sounds like busy day Saturday.
RNG sounds like pipe/trench work coming along
PJ nice way to celebrate the 4th
David sorry about no gathering, hope flail went well
RNG hope you can find insurance you can afford. With all the fire prevention work you have done should count for something!
RS what the deer don't like you buffet ambiance?
Dennis hope game was good.
Randy nice work and pics
Thomas neat pic
Dennis sorry about game, we had good fireworks here.
Drew great car ride, glad you had a good 4th.
David glad Sophie doing well, and flail ready for action.
RS nice work on the new planting bed, nice squash
Today's posts:
Ron glad you had fun at parade and picnic
Roy hope mowing went well.
Billy sounds like you had good family time, happy birthday to son.
Paul hope you can get airplane fixed and not stuck at airport.
RNG good to hear progress on trench
Don no rain hear today or tomorrow.
Ken yup time for new garage. neat pics
David hope you saved some energy today
RS nice pics hope day went well.
Drew looks great!
PJ glad you had nice day on lake, neat pic
Randy nice work and pics
Rich nice work on Craftsman
Scaredy, hope rain helps the fire risk
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/daughter's foot, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery/ diarrhea, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/vision issues, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,310  
Good Day from smokey BC, stay safe out there - fire risk and temperatures are both high. Managing as best we can. Storming anticipated tonight, strange times.

The weather folks yesterday blamed the “haze” in St. Louis on the fires in BC.

So, your fires must be something. Hope it gets better soon.

MoKelly