Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,561  
Where I grew up we called black snakes, black racers because of how fast they could move.

I was right there with you two years ago, sure is better now, we know who to thank don’t we?

What was interesting, the snake was trying to dig down into the dirt. Wonder if it had nest or eggs there.

Thank the good lord.
I’m glad CV wasn’t here yet when I was in hospital.
Yesterday was one of my busiest days in a long time. Once I get going, I keep going. Didn’t come in for lunch till almost 4 pm, ate sandwich and back out. Today will be pay bills day.
We had a downpour this morning, .32” in about 5 minutes, now 84° and sunny.
Worship went well, except couldn’t stream the sermon slides. Got it working after service. The song slides streamed ok from different laptop. I stream straight from PowerPoint, and put that in the corner of the overall video stream.
Wngsprd, sounds like nice day trip, especially finding good restaurant.
Buppies, vacations don’t last long enough, do they. Still want to see the WW2 memorial down your way.
David, hope caretaker works out.
Noticed the local dodge dealer still has good inventory.
Need to order new batteries for UPS units. Think I’ll buy one new one, swap them one at a time.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,563  
68F with steady hard rain @ 14:00, was a torrential downpour a couple minutes ago.

1.98" accumulation since midnight and we are currently under a Flood Advisory.

Did not make it back downstairs last night to glue more pvc, might head down there in a little bit and take care of that.

Going to be an inside day today, might end up being an inside week with all the rain that is forecast.

No matter, plenty of stuff to do inside or out.

Enjoy your Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #135,564  
Drew,

Have the same problem with our grease gun (an old air-powered Coleman I think) dripping oils out.

I had The Woman pick up a (relatively) cheap Sterlite plastic tub from Dollar General that I use to store it.

Piece of cardboard in the bottom to absorb the oils, keeps the lint, dust, and dirt off of it.

But that Lucas grease that RNG mentioned seems like it would worth checking out.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,565  
There's a pool of water at the bottom of the lower front yard and I can hear the catch basin (100' away) running.

Still hasn't exceeded the the smaller pipe in the yard around the house that it drains into though.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,566  
64°F and rain this morning, going up to 81° today. We're in a little break right now, but more storms expected later today and into tomorrow.

Going to have to find some time after work a couple days this week to get some grass mowed. More rain forecast for Friday through Monday next weekend. Feast or famine here this year. Got caught out in the barn for awhile this morning while I was out there to feed the chickens, and had to wait out a couple of serious downpours.

Made a second drying rack for The Wife's paintings this morning. Opened up 484 holes in a piece of masonite pegboard to accept the 5/16" dowel rods, which I cut to 24". She had been keeping them in the spare bedroom next to my studio. But since we had to clean that out to make room for the boy's triumphant return, she moved them to the dog grooming table set up in front of her quilting machine.

The rest of my day will likely be spent in the studio.

Sorry about your vehicle woes, Drew. We want to replace our F-150, but there seems to not be a whole lot to choose from out there right now in the lightly used vehicle market, and what is available is either overpriced or not worth having.
We found out about vehicle availability when we started looking. Just nothing around. People are getting off on it. Some are trying to sell used trucks for over $3000 more than what I paid for my new one because there is such a wait list on new ones. As I said I was lucky as I just happened to walk in when a deal fell over for a new one and so they offered it to me on the spot. Just the model I wanted. Anyway, I pick it up tomorrow if they get the pre-delivery and cleaning done today.
Good luck with your search.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,567  
Phil, nice job on the mower engine. Did it need a new head gasket? New intake valve?
Once upon a time I had a compression tester and that came in handy a number of times.
that's a John Deere single cylinder horizontal engine, either a Kohler or a Briggs. ??
You got that thing clean enough to eat off of. I love seeing people DIY for themselves. Hope it works like new when done.
Thanks! Briggs engine. The head gasket let go and blew all the oil out the intake and exhaust. This is a known issue and you can see why. No bolt in the part between the piston and valve area. Poor design by someone.
I mowed the grass today and it ran great with no leaks!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,569  
Made a Costco run. Surprised at the number of people wearing masks. No UPS there.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,570  
Thomas, do you have a favorite muffin like cinnamon raisin or do you stick with plain?
My favorite Thomas muffin is the cranberry variety, which they used to make once a year.
No longer, not around here, haven't seen cranberry muffin in a long time.
I've try cranberry kinda clashes with butter and peanut butter so I stuck with plain. :)