Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,751  
The school kids have figured how to hack a covid test to get a positive test and get out of going to school.

Ha! Kids can be very clever.

Don’t you just love the way they talk in the UK? Bunk school! Way better than ditching school.

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #135,752  
Good evening all. 73F for the start, partly cloudy, moderate breeze. Windy day, clouded up more in afternoon, and high temp was 90F, HI 97F, and DP 69F. Bike ride early in morning, redid handlebar tape on left bar, couple minor adjustments on bike, Could not talk myself into walking the trimmer. All of a sudden rain in forecast for tomorrow, was going to mow after ride.
Covid update: Cooke 3245 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Montague 1803 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 43 active cases.
Ron got a lot accomplished yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your unplanned day. nice flowers
Billy hope no damage from storm
Randy I don't know either on organizing help, 161# is a lot to handle for a residence.
Doug glad you are happy with the car
Eric hope your last session was your last session.
Don thanks for update on the niece with Covid. Any updates on barn roof tin?
RNG good to hear soft start kit is doing what you need. How many large electric motors do you have? Sorry about camping delay.
Ken nice pics
Drew glad 1st mow went well :)
PJ sorry about not finishing the mowing, maybe rain will be late?
Dennis since I don't rub it in when I am right the wife manages not when she is right :) Thanks for the link to Mustang Sally
David hope shower and taping goes well., as well as H&F
Randy outstanding the delivery went so well.
Randy 2 feet left?
Dennis man that is a lot to pay for gas.
Thomas glad you survived the heat.
David are you finding water in the carb bowel?
Kyle in Missouri those boots were called harness boots, used on the motorcycle
Dennis you would think they coudl find a better place to camp ??
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,753  
As it was something of a drizzly morning we made impromptu decision to go to town. Had noticed a flooring store going out of business and decided we’d check for tile. Surprised to find they had quite a variety of limited stock. Decided on a beige 2x2 mosaic for the floor, including shower. Choose a complimenting 6x24 porcelain with a wood grain for the shower walls. Altogether about $3.50/sf. They will have ready for me to pick up tomorrow.

Also decided to visit Habitat’s Restore. Hadn’t been to the new location. Much better inventory than the old place. Might turn into an expensive visit as Sophie took a liking to a glass topped table. If still available this Thu we get a 15% discount. Worth the wait. And if sold, oh well, just not to be. Hard to describe, very unique so will post pic if we get it.

$5 Friday at Safeway. We brought sushi home for lunch.

Pressure tested plumbing about an hour 🤙
Sealed up the walls and thinsetted joints and screws. Out of practice, mixed up way too much and had to dump remaining.

Talked myself out of pulling the carb on the Craftsman. Maybe tomorrow?

Time for a cold one.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,754  
Good evening all.Forgot to click post yesterday so it is a twofer tonight :) 75F for the start, overcast, moderate breeze. Windy again today, rain in morning, .2 in rain gauge. Hot and muggy this afternoon, 94F, HI 104F, and DP 72F. Trip to town to run errands during rain, the bike ride after lunch then short nap before dinner date with wife.
Covid update: Cooke 3247 confirmed cases, 14 active cases, Montague 1804 confirmed cases, 12 active cases, Grayson, 11538 confirmed cases, 48 active cases.
John welcome back, healthy price increase on filters. Sorry about people challenges.
Drew glad they are not charging you extra cause you are an ex :)
RS Hope your day went well.
Ron hope you found some help. Pretty lily sorry you lost most of them.
Buppies sorry paver still in shop.
Thomas hope you weren't late for date night
Billy depends on whether or not you paid by hour or grease fitting done :)
Ken glad you are done planting for a while. good job on fawn, nice pic
Paul hope you did not get water all over the place from defrost. hope Martha vineyard trip went well.
PJ sorry about no mow today, sorry about turmoil from storms. One of my shop manuals from Kawasaki was a Great Britain English translation. Now that was interesting :)
RNG hope Dixie moves north, and you get a good inspection on water pipes.
Randy hope sale goes well
David good news for guys, hope plumbing test ok, and you can get a tile you like.
RNG looks like a sifi movie creature :)
Thomas nice pics
Drew sorry they changed their minds on the plywood.
Don thanks for the links.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Do niece/son/Covid, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,755  
Good evening all.Forgot to click post yesterday so it is a twofer tonight :)

Thought I was seeing double.

My son is at St Louis bball game tonight, college alumni get together. He ran thru a bunch of rain on the way, up before PJs neck of the woods.

Lots oh rain here tonight. 70% tomorrow. Might not get hydro changed, as I need to do it outside.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,756  
In Santa Monica it’s mostly clear and 66 degrees this evening.

In East Texas it’s 79 and clear. Good chances of rain forecast for M-Th next week. Time to get some fertilizer down.

In Central Texas it’s 82 and clear.

Beautiful, nice wonderful weather lately!

Looking forward to attending some of the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Convention in Ft. Worth next weekend. After not having a convention in person last year it will be good to get back to it. Might even get into some rain on the trip.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,757  
Walked the fields this morning wearing only a thin shirt and was glad to keep pausing in shade under the trees to cool down. Summer has arrived at last.

Yesterday evening on my way back from collecting the bin from the roadside, I noticed in the distance some people far away from the footpath. What were they up to ? I got the keys to the old Subaru and drove over to find out. There were 3 men and one young lad, none had seen me arrive until I drove into the field and that is when I noticed that two men were holding long barreled guns . S!#*

Before I could reach them I had to drive down a small dip and and expected that if they were poachers they would be gone by the time I was up the other side. Instead they were frozen to the spot with barrels pointed away from me. Three beer cans were lined on a gate post and I realised the guns were old air rifles, so I felt a lot easier and got out of the car. Trespass with a firearm (which in the UK includes air rifles) is a criminal offence that could get them into serious trouble and I made sure they were aware of that. They seemed more than a little fearful that an armed response police team were about to descend on them.
It turned out they were locals who used to roam these fields when they were kids and wanted to show the young lad where they used to camp and what they did. I learned a bit of local history from them and as they started to put the rifles back into gunslips, I told them to let the lad shoot the cans off the gate first. After that they left with no trouble, what could have been an ugly confrontation ended well.

Grandkids coming today, I best sneak in an early nap in preparation. Must check if the older one knows how to bunk off school using lemon juice.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,758  
How can you make a post like that without PICTURES, Doug? :oops: :ROFLMAO:👍
LOL sorry about that. I will take a couple of pics tomorrow, dark here now. I was just sitting in it going over all the gadgets. (similar to the Ranger) and my wife joined me to get a run-through too. She reckons she could drive it easier than the Ranger. She hasn't even had a ride in it yet as I have been using the Ranger for messages. I actually took the old Honda shopping this morning as that is what we are keeping it for. Still a nice car to drive. Just showing her age a bit.
We got our first Covid shots yesterday. Lucky enough to get the Pfizer. Both our shoulders are pretty tender today but no side effects as such.
My grand-daughter and her partner are coming tomorrow. He is a plumber and we need work done before we carry out major renovations. Hard to get any tradesman nowadays. I got a quote for a shed yesterday and he said it would be at least Feb 2022 before they could look at it. Lots of shed companies here so I will look around further.
Had to go to the city today to buy Lesley a new TV for the bedroom. She hasn't been real good lately so has been resting up so she can watch movies etc while she rests. Also bought a very neat little car vacuum cleaner for myself.
Till Tomoz, good night.

Not a very good pic but you can see why I am desperate for a new shed.

IMG_2063.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #135,759  
good morning all
Going to be a hot stormy one today, flood watch already posted for heavy rain this afternoon and tonight.
Fine with me, less watering time, but it appears not good for my four new butterfly bushes. Seems I planted them too close to a water
drainage ditch and with some of these downpours the ditch floods and the bushes are getting overwatered. Yellow leaves on bottom and unhappy
looking. I may have to move them over five feet.

David, sounds like you had a very productive shopping trip and a score on the tile.
Doug, with my car sitting outside at the moment, I'm envious of your shed...at least it keeps the bird poop and sun off.
I looked at that picture and thought it might be a good idea to put a 4x4 or some block down on the floor to prevent your truck
from reversing too far. That would not be good. Two nice looking Fords.

Full day ahead, thought I'd be washing the car but mother nature seems intent on doing that.
So I'll work outside this morning before it rains and then this afternoon hang that water filter backer board in the basement.
I have to move some shelving and get things situated there first. Then predrill the holes and use my makita cordless drill on hammer setting
to drive in the 2 inch long 1/4 inch masonry cap screws. The water filter housings come with all the hardware to mount them to the board and that I'll let
the expensive plumber do.

Drew sorry they changed their minds on the plywood. I had to laugh at that, owner simply forgot what he told me before, particularly since
I was taking a little bag of local peaches for them. I figured I'd trade the peaches for the "free" remnant. Not to be.

73 out already, going up to 93. With those kinds of temps, storms this afternoon likely to be severe.
Have a nice weekend

/ Good morning!!!! #135,760  
2021-07-17, 0508 (and a bit later due to editing)

64 right now...high about 70° and a rainy day...

Dump run is about it today....no other chores planned or expected. Probably a beer and movie day today. Considering the rainy forecast over the next several days, doubt there will be any outdoors's work.

Rough week...apparently I have COPD and breathing was rather difficult this week. In fact, I've been in the hospital (2 days in Gifford (Randolph VT) and 2½ days in Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon NH) almost the entire week.
You can look up the symptoms, if you wish...

While I was in the hospital, my neighbor pulled the Deere zero-turn in to the garage. I have 4 neighbors on this cul-de-sac...3 of the 4 (including me) own Deere ZTRs. I also asked him to move the 4052, but wifey wanted the tractor left exactly where it was....easier to keep an eye on it. After the dump run, I'll move it.

Paid a number of bills last night...one or two were overdue (very unusual for me), but no late charges. Since I had no access to a computer (other than the work laptop), I had no way to pay the bills or access to the required passwords

Last edited: