Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,371  
That's a great point RedNeckGeek and very sensible.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,373  
<snip>
Personally the COVID discussions, narratives and vaccine talk belong elsewhere.
I agree, it's taking the place of politics.
My view is that I've had 3 jabs for C19 and feel fairly safe. I also get jabs for Influenza, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis, etc. Plus all the jabs for polio, smallpox etc.
If a person prefers to take the chance of dying it's their right, just don't make the rest of us pay to support them if they go to emergency. And don't suck up hospital resources for those that want to live.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,374  
Here is another chart from VAERS info based on deaths from Covid Vaxx compared to ALL others since 1990. Pretty bad odds if you ask me.

Yeah ... except that if the info did really come from VAERS (you cite no attribution for the source of the chart) those aren't necessarily deaths from a COVID vaccine.

That disclaimer is pretty much shown right up front at VAERS IIRC ... along with clearly stating that anyone can file a report through VAERS.

Hey, if someone wants the Vaxx, go for it. I’m just asking questions because it’s been talked about.

Uh-huh ...

I haven’t had a Covid Vaxx but I’m still undecided on getting one.

I'd say if you haven't gotten vaccine by this point you really aren't "undecided" ... know what I mean ... ;)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,375  
73F and hazy @ 11:30, headed up to a high of ... 82F !!! ... :eek:

Sounds like UPS just dropped the plants from Amazon.

Woman heading out to do some shopping for essentials here in a few.

Finishing up the service on the Kubota is really the only thing on my agenda for today, but I'll probably see about getting some mowing done once the grass is dry enough.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,376  
I've had the vaccine and will likely get the booster when it is offered to me,
I still have many reservations about the vaccine and it's safety and effectiveness,
as the local information that I'm getting is that almost a third of the covid cases around here
are with vaccinated individuals, not deaths but cases, most of the deaths still have other factors that contributed
not all but most, 3 younger people this past week died (under 40).
The mother that tested positive who's young son was the reason for my grand daughters day care to be closed
was a vaccinated social services worker.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,377  
Aren't cars and technology fun? And I guess they get more complicated all the time. I'm currently driving a 2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4-dr SUV; bought it new with only ONE option and that is the Navigation System. Of course the Titanium comes standard with all the power equipment and bells and whistles I could imagine at the time. Now I've got about 46k miles on it and so far it's been the most reliable, trouble free car I've ever owned.

SO . . . when I bought it, it came with SYNC 2 Navigation, and some time ago I had it updated to SYNC 3. The dealer had ONE person who came to work at the dealership ONE DAY each week and he was the only one who knew how to do those things. So after the Navigation system was upgraded/updated or whatever, our cell phones no longer worked with the voice system in the car, and the service department guys didn't know what could be done about it. But our sales person, from whom we bought the car, a very young black lady who seemed to know more about her cars than any sales person I ever met, just got in the car, and promptly programmed everything to work, so all was well.

And now I keep getting emails AND snail mail from Ford telling about the "latest SYNC 3 Navigation Map update". Now I KNOW that new streets and highways and changes are happening frequently around here, and I assume in other parts of the country. So I'd like the system to be kept up to date. You can order a USB and install the updates yourself (supposedly) OR "visit your local Ford Dealership".

It says I can download the file for $109, order the USB for $149. OR a new Subscription plan tht includes one update per year for 5 years for $199.

So this morning I visited my dealership. The assistant service manager whom I've always liked, and have dealt with many times, showed me paper work he had from another customer who ordered the USB, and it didn't work, so the dealer's mechanics tried it, and it didn't work, so they ordered a new USB version, and it didn't work either, so now he's waiting to hear from Ford. And the parts department supervisor is going to try to find out if they can order it AND install it for me.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,380  
I've had the vaccine and will likely get the booster when it is offered to me,
I still have many reservations about the vaccine and it's safety and effectiveness,
as the local information that I'm getting is that almost a third of the covid cases around here
are with vaccinated individuals, not deaths but cases, most of the deaths still have other factors that contributed
not all but most, 3 younger people this past week died (under 40).
The mother that tested positive who's young son was the reason for my grand daughters day care to be closed
was a vaccinated social services worker.
Thanks! When I started discussing this topic this was the type of information I was looking for. Specific local observations of cases involving people you are acquainted with and local trends.

It seems like some people still have an agenda and try to turn everything into an argument. I appreciate that you didn’t because that is not what I want to do. I hesitate to throw out “links” to all sorts of stuff because nobody seems to be able to seriously interpret it and most is unreliable anyway.