Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,381  
68°F and .05 inches rain.

Perhaps a more productive day today than yesterday

Meeting with county appraiser was pleasant and worthwhile. My last face to face was back in 2007.

Such a pretty day we continued dump run with drive up the coast. Clear blue sky, sunshine, beautiful blue Pacific. Had a burger for lunch at favorite burger place in Waimea followed by Blizzard at DQ. Given how much time Kekoa had his head in back window I think he enjoyed as well. Of course he shared with Makani, but seemed more involved watching the view to his front.
Late afternoon by the time we got home and settled so just conserved energy.

Thanks for update on Margeaux. Hope your daughter saw how important that was.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #139,382  
I fail to see your logic. Please explain what purpose my locality and my social circle, health care choices have to do with you.

There are so many variables that you are in danger of overfitting your regression.

Thanks! When I started discussing this topic this was the type of information I was looking for. Specific local observations of cases involving people you are acquainted with and local trends.

It seems like some people still have an agenda and try to turn everything into an argument. I appreciate that you didn’t because that is not what I want to do. I hesitate to throw out “links” to all sorts of stuff because nobody seems to be able to seriously interpret it and most is unreliable anyway.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,383  
Successfully scheduled The Woman for her third booster shot (She got the Pfizer) ... (y)

Should have that out of the way within the next hour ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,384  
Successfully scheduled The Woman for her third booster shot (She got the Pfizer) ... (y)

Should have that out of the way within the next hour ... ;)

I got my booster yesterday.

I had a pretty good friend (who was vaccinated) get COVID in August. He was pretty sick for about 10 days. Never needed a hospital but could only sit on the couch.

He is 100% now but his experience made me more hesitant.

My sister got the booster and she felt much worse afterward then she did with the initial 2 shots.

Stay well all!

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #139,385  
What happens locally is important because it both helps with day to day decisions and it is easier to trust.

Dismissing what happens globally is dangerously short sighted though imho. Sometimes one gets the impression from US citizens that they live alone in the world, please no ofense is intended. As we have seen, some diseases have no frontiers.

If a disastrous tsunami is reported by Brazil and I was in Florida I think I'd take precautions.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,386  
I agree to an extent. However in this case, TBN is a global community, with specific location actors, that have a variety of medical, social, economic, geographic, demographic and belief systems that come into play. Observations on what has happened/is happening to a human being can be influenced by many different factors. Especially so when they are asked about the observation after the fact. On the internet of all platforms.

What happens locally is important because it both helps with day to day decisions and it is easier to trust.

Dismissing what happens globally is dangerously short sighted though imho. Sometimes one gets the impression from US citizens that they live alone in the world, please no ofense is intended. As we have seen, some diseases have no frontiers.

If a disastrous tsunami is reported by Brazil and I was in Florida I think I'd take precautions.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,387  
I fail to see your logic. Please explain what purpose my locality and my social circle, health care choices have to do with you.

There are so many variables that you are in danger of overfitting your regression.
Unlike the CDC I just asked the question and a response is completely voluntary. If you feel it has nothing to do with me please feel free to not respond. Hope you feel better now.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,389  
I had a pretty good friend (who was vaccinated) get COVID in August. He was pretty sick for about 10 days. Never needed a hospital but could only sit on the couch.

He is 100% now but his experience made me more hesitant.

My sister got the booster and she felt much worse afterward then she did with the initial 2 shots.

Stay well all!

MoKelly
In my mind, your friend's symptoms would add incentive to get the vaccine. It's not an immunization, which would prevent you from getting the disease. But if you're vaccinated, the chances of you being admitted to a hospital for treatment are greatly reduced, and along with that, so are the chances of dying.

I posted a link to this MedCram video that, among other things, looks at the odds of not being vaccinated versus having a negative reaction to the vaccination. Like wearing a seat belt, a motorcycle helmet, or looking both ways before crossing the street, getting vaccinated improves your odds of surviving Covid 19 far more than it exposes you to the possibility of a negative reaction or death due to the vaccine.

Your sister's symptoms show that her body reacted to the booster shot by producing a new crop of antibodies to the disease. The fact that she was made uncomfortable is, at least in that regard, a good thing. A regular flu shot will produce much the same reaction, for just the same reason.

We all need to make up our own mind with regard to getting the vaccine. But we all owe it to ourselves to seek out unbiased and accurate information upon which to make that decision. We also need to understand the scope and quality of the information, and not rely on interpretations of the data provided by the media, which has been shown over and over again to be more biased than ever. Take your time, watch and read, and also explore the references. Yeah, doing the research is a bit of work, but it's an important decision, not only for us as individuals, but for our family and those around us.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,390  
You know for a fact the CDC is not asking the question or not recording the data?

And I am asking you...why are you asking? Will my answer influence your choice?

Unlike the CDC I just asked the question and a response is completely voluntary. If you feel it has nothing to do with me please feel free to not respond. Hope you feel better now.