Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,041  
Costco gas was 3.18 yesterday, was 2.99 Friday and $2.78 a week or so ago. I see it’s $3.19 now, Exxon next door is 3.59

/ Good morning!!!! #140,044  
51F and sunny @ 09:30, headed up to a high of 73F for the day under mostly sunny skies.

Got rest of irises trimmed back yesterday first thing.

Then finished re-screening compost.

Got another 5 bucketloads of screened material out of that and added to the original pile.

Then moved the screener and cleaned that area and all around the pile up.

Screen for screener is looking to be in pretty rough shape and going to need to be rebuilt for next year.

Woman ran out to do a little shopping and did come back with some bacon ... so we had BLTM's for lunch with homegrown tomatoes which were just delicious.

She then made a pot of chili for dinner which was also delicious.

After lunch we went out and did 12 Rose of Sharon plantings. There ended up being more than 12 plants all told, but only 12 plantings because we stuck more than a single plant in some of the holes. All of them got sprayed with Bonide Shotgun and had E-Coriganite spread around them to keep the deer away until I can get cages made up.

In the middle of doing that we heard the neighbor working outside over at his place so she walked over and checked to see if he would take the little male cat that is trying to adopt us. No dice ... both his remaining cats are older and set in their ways and he didn't think it would work out.

After we finished the Rose of Sharon plantings, we went over and planted three Coral Bells/Heuchera in that planting bed on the east side where we planted the day lilies.

Today's agenda:

Feed downstairs fish first thing.

Then refill feeders.

Set up a couple of chipmunk traps using 5 gallon buckets, boards, and sunflower seeds.

Later today put grapple on Kubota and head over to neighbor's to finish demo'ing those two sheds.

Probably do some mowing and/or fertilizing if time permits.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,045  
This morning, I just filled up my 2017 Ford Escape with the most expensive gasoline to ever be put in it. Yep, same old regular as always, but today was $2.999 at Buc-ee's. I haven't checked prices elsewhere, but Buc-ee's has always been the cheapest in the area. I'm guessing that they just jumped up above everyone else today for a change.
So that was yesterday, and this morning as I was driving past them, I noticed 3 other popular gas stations in the area that had prices posted of $3.099 a gallon, so I guess my Buc-ee's is still cheapest, but all are more than I EVER have paid in the past.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,046  
49°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 79° today. Maybe I should have taken off work today ... this might be that last kayaking day I've been hoping for.

Wife had an interesting experience yesterday. While at a dog training client's home in our hometown, she saw a delivery driver leave a package on their front porch. A few moments later, she heard another noise, and turned to see a young kid trying to porch pirate the package. Kid tried to lie his way out of it, and the ensuing scolding ended in a discussion with the kid's grandmother across the street. The three small kids apparently live with her, while their (heroin addict) parents are living in the garage. The lady she was training said the kids don't even go to school. That area she used to be a pretty nice neighborhood. Apparently not anymore.

The floor looks great, David. Nice work.

Mostly_, there is indeed a 22° bend in the middle of the Chain Of Rocks Bridge. I can remember going across it when I was a youngster. That was a scary narrow bridge already, and that bend didn't help. It's been closed to traffic since the early 1970s, and was eventually reopened to foot and bicycle traffic in the 1990s as part of the Greenways project that's trying to complete a path from the Gateway Arch north to the bridge over to Illinois and then south to the park on the East St Louis side. It is pretty neat to ride across, with lots of Route 66 nostalgia to look at.

(Pic liberated from the internet)
ChainOfRocksBridge_StLouisMO.jpg

Welcome to the Good Morning thread, Rebecca.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,047  
..., but all are more than I EVER have paid in the past.
I remember paying right around $4.50/gal back in 2012 I think it was. I was spending just over $100/week for gas just to get back and forth to work in my Jeep Liberty. I certainly don't miss that.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,048  
Mostly_, there is indeed a 22° bend in the middle of the Chain Of Rocks Bridge. I can remember going across it when I was a youngster. That was a scary narrow bridge already, and that bend didn't help. It's been closed to traffic since the early 1970s, and was eventually reopened to foot and bicycle traffic in the 1990s as part of the Greenways project that's trying to complete a path from the Gateway Arch north to the bridge over to Illinois and then south to the park on the East St Louis side. It is pretty neat to ride across, with lots of Route 66 nostalgia to look at.

(Pic liberated from the internet)
View attachment 717697
What's that building along side the bridge, PJ?

/ Good morning!!!! #140,049  
What's that building along side the bridge, PJ?
It's a water intake tower, or pump house, for the City of St. Louis water supply. It gets pumped into a treatment facility on the Missouri side riverfront and then pumped south into the city.

There are actually two of them, between the bridge and the aforementioned chain of rocks.

(also liberated from the internet) (view is from the Illinois side)
water intake towers.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #140,050  
It's a water intake tower, or pump house, for the City of St. Louis water supply. It gets pumped into a treatment facility on the Missouri side riverfront and then pumped south into the city.

There are actually two of them, between the bridge and the aforementioned chain of rocks.

(also liberated from the internet)
View attachment 717703
Looks like something out of a horror movie ("It", the TV miniseries. comes to mind)

Thanks, PJ!!