Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,781  
26F clear mid 40's for high made ice over night.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans this morning....Hospital for couple test,pick up some critter food,clean or replace pickup air filter :rolleyes: clean both road culverts and date night.

Enjoy your say all.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,782  
Morning all, dark 32 going up to 53. Got tractor out and moved the benches and rounds back from movie night.
Finished trimming Maple in prep to down big Ash with new bar/chain on pole saw.
Practicing with throw rope, got within 2 feet of where I need to be, sooo close.

Stay safe and be well,
🐶 🏠

This area used to be dense with Ash, still a few left to take down.
sunset11_20211030_175829.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #140,783  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 5:00AM. Cloudy skies. High 64F. Winds light and variable.

That's funny, Billy. Hope you're not using the hedge clippers on your wife. :oops:

Back in my days as a road warrior, Drew, I seldom ate in restaurants. Instead, I'd get a meal to go, then swing by a liquor store for a beer or two, then enjoy a quiet evening in the motel room. That strategy makes even more sense in these Covid times.

Pretty leaves, Ron. Thanks for sharing the photo.

I started with 3M spray glue for the sound deadening on the van, David, and now it's letting go. I switched to Barge Cement, and so far it's been fine...

Sounds like a pretty fancy machine, Paul, but you know what they say about happy wives. I have my hands full just getting a bobbin wound on the old Consew, not to mention trying to get the needle threaded correctly. That usually ends up turning a five minute job into a mostly wasted hour.

More bucks than I've seen all year.
bucks.jpg

Yesterday started off on a rude note when the water stopped flowing in the shower just as I'd lathered up my hair. 🤬 Turns out I had the valves on the new water tank set wrong, and the bottom tank was dry. Took about an hour to fill it, then the pressure switch started acting up again. Today I'll take it and the valve on the resin tank apart and clean them. Another job I've been putting off for most of a year.

I spent more time filling out paperwork at Costco yesterday than waiting for the pharmacist to give me a booster. Felt fine afterwards, but now my arm is sore, and I'm a little feverish. Good sign that it's working.

Before that I finished off the tank bag move. Worked a lot better after I found a missed connection.

TGIF gang!🍻

/ Good morning!!!! #140,784  
Good Morning
It’s 27 outside and supposed to hit 50 before the sun sets.

I kept busy all day yesterday, went to staples for inkjet ink, had lunch with some friends, but nothing notable other than that except for the failure of a 4TB USB drive that had a lot of music and recording data on it. And…. It wasn’t backed up. I’m looking at data recovery software now, as the drive does power up but does not have a recognizable partition. The issue was caused by a power failure while writing data.

Today started with an early trip to the hospital to drop wife off for colonoscopy. Have to make the return trip shortly. Then I’m not sure what will take up the rest of the day.

Here’s what the new machine looks like.
IMG_7636.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #140,785  
Pretty snazzy bird, it's been many years since I set foot in something similar, would have been early 74 at Cherry Point in a Sabreliner.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,786  
I just finished up paying for my new toy! A family member was downsizing, and was gracious enough to offer me this equipment. I stole his chain too in the process, and the SO wrote the check a while back.

I'll test it out this weekend on the barn siding, and milk house roof. On the milk house I have some lightening rods that need to be looked at, and a chimney that needs a squirrel screen. The tree rat figured out the frizbee cover on the inside and decided to enjoy my tool shed these last few days.

I plan on setting it up, far away from trees and buildings until I get use to "driving" it.

ManLift.jpg

Should be fun, or at least.....interesting.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,787  
Good morning, low 26 high 45 F. Wind SE 6 mph. Mix of sun and cloud.

The motherboard and cpu went out of my 'puter yesterday, so I am stuck with this laptop until the new parts get here from newegg.

Not all that sure what I will get up to today.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #140,788  
Good morning! We got as close to the first frost as we could get. So Close I had to go outside and feel the grass to verify it was not frost. 34˚F clear skies heading to 60. Central Texas usual first frost day is November 15th.

Today I will remove mom's street mailbox now that she is getting yard delivery. I heard that propane prices are doubling this year and will find out today after mom's propane tank gets filled. I'll report back if they do indeed fill the tank today.

My wife did not win at her H&F table yesterday until I added up the score of the person that finished ahead of her. Apparently when moving down a total the player made a 1 into a 7 giving her 6,000 more points. After subtracting the 6K points my wife won.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,789  
Almost the same here, Don. 34 degrees for a low, but going for 62 for a high today. I, too, was tempted but did NOT go out in the wet grass to feel to see that it only looked white instead of being frost.:)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,790  
30°F and clear skies with some light fog this morning, going up to 55° today.

Nice weather forecast for this weekend will help a lot with all the outside stuff I need to do. Lots of tree debris from recent storms that needs to be collected and burned. Will probably mow one last time on Sunday, then get the machines cleaned up and ready for winter. Still need to clean and store the kayaks, and figure out where to store the trailer so it's out of the way for the winter. Should keep me busy and off the streets.

FIL is still in the hospital. He had some substantial swelling earlier in the week, which the staff there attributed to his medication, but seems to be showing improvement the last couple of days. Wife and I seem to have both caught a head cold this week, so she's aggravated that she can't go see him.

RNG, This machine has an auto-threading function. She threads the machine and ends it with a little device near the needle. She pushes a button, and it's threaded within about half a second. Her previous machine had this feature as well, but it wasn't nearly as slick or as fast as this one. It's actually amazing to watch.

I live with that fear playing in the back of my mind every day, Paul. I don't have a backup for my studio computer, just the 1TB HDD in the machine itself. I need to add that to the list of things to do this weekend. I'm starting to get a lot of projects on there that need a permanent home anyway. Hope you can recover yours.
Nice-looking plane, too. Congrats.

Last edited: