Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,441  
good morning all
A chilly 28 only going up to low 40's today, brrrrr.

i was told my job for Thanksgiving was to bring some world famous Uncle Drew's blueberry muffins, a favorite
with the nieces and nephews, so off to get some blueberries today. Otherwise a quiet day planned.

yeah, MS Office is now fixed. We deleted the old program, turned off security programs, and got the program to load.
Looks very different than my last Office, more features but takes some learning.

Wingsprd, hope your wife heals quickly and completely. Yes, lumps and bumps of life, and we don't heal so fast any more...

When I take the laundry down to the basement, I'm always careful about that last step. Years ago I missed it and did a face plant, luckily on the
laundry basket and not the floor. Now I don't trust that last step at all...

because our family reunion got cancelled this Fall, nice to get an invite from brother to meet him at big rented home on beach near Charleston next May.
Putting four siblings in one house for a week will be interesting. We haven't done that in 60 years... We are all in our 70's and with a sister on the West Coast,
will be nice to see each other again.

Roy, take it slow. Get Margeaux to help.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,442  
Good morning, low temp is 20 and the high will be 23°F Wind WNW 7 mph. A mix of sun and cloud.

A dump run for the neighbour lady today and then to town.

I change the oil in the genny and lawn mower according to colour (brown). The tractor gets it every year. The Dodge gets a yearly oil change (only 5000 miles/year) and the Jeep when it gets brown. Everything gets dino oil except for the Dodge, it gets semi-synthetic 5W30. The Jeep doesn't do anything except for the dump and maybe a run within 20 miles of home. It has frame issues and I don't weld.

Pop, thanks for the tip. I was too stoned to do anything about it other than grab the link to DMDE and send it to my son, he does all my computer repairs for me.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #141,443  
Drew, are the Rubbermaid parts the correct ones.

Ron, I needed three parts, they sent me three parts. The letter designators did not look right. Sigh.
Going to check today, found the manual and my notes saying what was missing. If they sent me the wrong parts,
that will truly be the last straw. My two helpers are out of town but hope to get this built in next few weeks.
Since the truck doesn't fit in the garage, the lawn mower is living in there for now but that has to change.

I need to remember to drain the outside hose. Windchill of 19 last night.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,444  
Only 1:37am, 66°F. Back from excursion. Left a good chunk of change at Costco, got my countertops at HD, got our friends at airport and back home safely.
End of a long day and my freshly drawn Porter is refreshing. Life is good.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,445  
Wngsprd, good to hear wife is negative and fall did not break anything. When using a ladder anymore I find I miss last step. Thinking 2 steps up was the last. No falls yet. But close.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,446  
I put an old area rug on the floor under the stairs to the basement, so when I feel the difference between the hard step
and the cushioned bottom, I know I can move forward. Both hands on laundry basket and none on railings means need to be super
careful. Sometimes if the basket is too full, and heavy, I turn around and drag it down backwards down the stairs with one hand
on the rail. It isn't hard to get hurt.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,447  
Good Morning
It’s 28 and going to climb all the way to 40 today. Clear skies and 30kt winds should make it feel cold, and make todays trip to Hagerstown and Burlington,VT interesting.

Yesterday went by pretty quickly. UPS brought me a battery to put in the little plane, an ultrasonic cleaner and a drill bit for putting driveway markers in frozen ground.
Add to that the arrival of my new grapple, and I was entertained all day.
There’s only two hoses to connect, so you would think that I have a 50/50 chance of getting them right on the first try, but we all know the reality. So after I tested it and then swapped the hoses so that it worked the way I wanted it to, it was off to the next project.
IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7735.jpg

Next stop was the airport, battery installation went well, figured that I might as well go out for a ride around the neighborhood to test it out, that was fun, and everything worked well.

Then back to the shop to try out the ultrasonic cleaner. I got the 15L Rovsun suggested by someone here. After talking to a jeweler friend, I elected to try it with just water rather any fancy specialty fluid. For my test, I had a carburetor that had gas turn to varnish in it. I disassembled it and put in in the tank after letting it heat up to 160 degrees. No solvent, no scrubbing. Just put in the tank, pull it out 30 minutes later and blow it off.
IMG_7741.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

IMG_7743.jpg

I was impressed with the results.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,448  
Good morning. After a glorious day yesterday the sun set in an almost clear sky. According to the forecasters that may be the last we will see of it for the rest of the month, can't complain it has been a wonderful autumn to get things done this year.

Wng, good to hear your wife got the all clear in time for Thanksgiving. Glad she wasn't badly hurt coming off the ladder - tell her she is only allowed to fall into your arms in future !

Don, as others say, tractor maintenance is normally by hours of use. Only exception I know to that is to be wary of the diesel if not used regularly. It used to be good for years, nowadays with all the added bio stuff it can go bad within months if an additive is not used.

I have been wondering what makes the leaves fall one day and not the previous days
You got me thinking Chris...
If I was a tree, I would only want to drop my leaves on calm damp days, when they are most likely to stay around and make leaf mould that benefits my roots, instead of blowing off into the distance.
Maybe that strategy changes once all the humans nearby have leaf blowers, more fun to drop them at random inconvenient times :)

IMG_4154.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4154.JPG
    IMG_4154.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,449  
28 outside this AM, heading to mid 40's. Looks like the first time we will run the woodstove during the day.

The wood pile is still winning, looks like I have not even made a dent in it, and the wood shed has three rows of firewood split ready to go. Ugh....

Just planning and coordinating everyone's incoming trips for AFTER Thanksgiving. Such are the schedules of the working families. At least we will all be together. Lots of ketchup to do. LOL.

Hope all are ready for the holiday, and some of you need to get healthy and be a little more careful.

Awesome grapple. Needs some dirt and dings, Mr. popgadget.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,450  
30 going to 46. Coldest day so far.

Roy, hope she is improving. I had wife duty last night. I took her to get her test, which was thankfully negative, and she's been feeling better, so she decided to climb the extension ladder to hang a decoration...missed the last step coming down and fell flat out on the floor...couldn't get up for a couple of minutes...I was out on the tractor, so then took a while for her to get my attention...only bruised, stiff, and embarrassed. We looked at each other and said, "Well, guess that's the official beginning of us being old." Ice packs helped a lot, and my loving attention.

Otherwise, I took two steps back for every step forward on 3 projects yesterday. Thomas, is that what 2 left feet means? I'll try again today!

Wng, glad your wife is OK, when I built my garage I was installing door openers. I started down the ladder and missed the last step, I did the side step until I slammed into the wall and sat on something. I was a bit dazed and thought I’d better sit there a minute to get my wits about me. Suddenly I smelled hot denim, I had crushed the space heater and it was fighting back! I “jumped” up as the crushed heater blew the breaker, I’m standing in the dark with smoldering blue jeans wondering WTH just happened.
I have a picture of the heater somewhere.