Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,461  
Thanks for the recommendation!
Just ordered 5 for various places around the house...maybe one in the garage

Cha-Ching.
Great, you won’t be disappointed.

This morning’s frost is disappearing fast with lots of sun and South wind.
IMG_0484.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,462  
@Popgadget - That is the same model I got. It is amazing how it cleans. I will have to try just plain water. So far I have used Dawn and Simple Green. I have had some nasty looking parts come out vastly better already

@RedNeckGeek - I noticed the discoloration on a magneto cover with Simple Green. But it needs polished and already started cleaning up nicely. Dawn does wonders on zinc carb parts

/ Good morning!!!! #141,463  
Rich, that's a hell of a story (your hospital visit)

Glad everything turned out reasonably well!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,464  
Ken, thank you. Let me make sure the parts are right first. Waiting for it to warm up out there, brrr.

off to nicer of the two local supermarkets for a change this morning and then to State store. Low on wine.
I suppose I should buy a bottle of vodka for my brother's infrequent visits. All I know is he doesn't like Stoli.
There is always some new designer vodka out there. I'll see what they have.

glad I have remote start on truck. Steering wheel heater turns on and heat warmers go to high. Rest of truck is still plenty cold
when I get in but at least it has warmed up a little. I haven't dealt with this for awhile as audi fit in garage, barely. Too bad it's such
a small garage. Plus I have my woodworking tools in there. But I have a extra long truck snow brush ready to go. Maybe it will be another light snow winter.
I hope so, since the fancy EFI Ariens snowblower wouldn't start on second try yesterday. I so wish I had bought a big electric model.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,465  
Drew-do you need to leave the Ariens plugged in for the internal battery to charge?
How do you keep it topped up for the fuel injector battery?

For Vodka-Stateside from Philly is pretty good. I mostly drink vodka, absolut is good to. Tito's is another one that I like.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,466  
I hope so, since the fancy EFI Ariens snowblower wouldn't start on second try yesterday. I so wish I had bought a big electric model.
If I were in your shoes, Drew...I'd sell the Ariens and get an EGO snowblower.
No gas to mess with, easy starting and environmentally friendly

I have an older model, not self-propelled and the plastic auger. I'd love one of the larger models such as I linked to.
I only have about 50 feet of sidewalk (about 24"-30" wide) and since my old EGO blower does such a good job, just can't see a good reason to replace it...
The one I have is good for up to 8" depending on how wet the snow is

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,467  
25°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 52° today. Watched a very colorful sunrise in my rearview mirror on the way to work this morning.

Speaking of which, on my way to work yesterday morning, I hit a skunk about five miles from the house. The pickup truck in front of me hit it first, then it went under my car, sounding like it was trying to hit everything it could find under there. Naturally. All I saw was something dark, and didn't even realize what it was until about five seconds later, when my nose told me. I stopped in Highland at a car wash on the way home in the evening, one with a good bottom blaster, and when I got home I couldn't smell it, so I parked in the garage. Whoops. Wife got home later and told me that she parked outside because the garage reeked of skunk. I went out this morning and found that she was right. It was still quite strong when I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning, too. Guess I'll look under there when I get home to see if the fella hung himself up under there. I didn't see it on the road this morning, so ...

Good luck with your new electrician, Doug. We had to replace our electrician about halfway through the project when we remodeled our house. The guy would hardly ever show up, and it seemed we were always waiting for him to do something before we could move on to something else. He'd show up, work for about 45 minutes, then disappear. Even the carpenter who recommended him was getting frustrated with him. The new guy was there every day, on time, and worked all day. We ended up having him completely rewire the house to a new box once the basement was torn out.

Glad your wife is OK, wngsprd. My Wife went through a short spell of falling on the stairs about a year ago. The last time she did it, I walked over and helped her up, then picked up the floppy open-back house shoes and threw them in the trash can. She hasn't fallen again since then.

That's a good-looking grapple, Paul. Congrats. Count me as another one here who wishes I could justify buying one.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,468  
Roy - how much longer before wife ready to get on her own feet? Hope she is healing ok.
Another 6-8 weeks, per her doctor, so sometime in January 2022

/ Good morning!!!! #141,469  
Ken, yes, I plugged in the oem charger for 24 hours charging whatever internal battery there is.
I turn ignition to on and fuel pump noise very erratic. It just doesn't sound right.
I'm going to try it one more time, still under warranty but annoying to pay 75 bucks for pickup and delivery because I can't drive it
up into truck.

Roy, you are right. I got seduced by EFI. Big lot of good it did me.

had to chuckle at State store. It's actually a very nice one at the back of our main shopping center here.
I'm in stocking up on wine, mostly to give away as I rarely drink alone. Then I'm thinking better get a bottle of champagne
as a house present to my brother's where I'm going New Years Eve. So I'm at the Yvez Cliquot (sp?) aisle with a 2 bottle maximum, one of those
fancy brands that are low inventory. At 65 dollars a bottle, it's a once a year present for me, particularly when I know I'll get to drink some of it.
But then this tony lady sashays up exclaiming, oh, they have it, so hard to get, and promptly grabs two bottles.
I honestly can't imagine drinking something that expensive regularly
I also found a small bottle of Five Saints craft vodka, made from Pennsylvania corn.

So I go to checkout and their software crashes and the credit card machine no longer works. And keeps displaying an interesting error
code on the display saying Unbolted. Is that an IT term???
I thankfully had enough cash left over from recent trip I was able to pay for all of it and have seven bucks left. Out I went
to a chorus of grumbling booze buyers.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,470  
67°F and .48 inches rain. Slept in until 7, but an abbreviated night.

Most important task of the day is a brewery run. Need to replenish a keg for TDay. Still need Lima beans for succotash.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day