Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,641  
63°F and 1.88 inches rain.
And a great time had by all, at least that seemed to consensus. Like old types was a popular refrain.

Not sure what the day holds other than possibly freezing some leftovers and making turkey soup. Not a Black Friday shopper.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #141,642  
Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Wngsprd

/ Good morning!!!! #141,643  
Happy anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Wng!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,644  
39 presently temps dropping throughout the day quite windy

/ Good morning!!!! #141,645  
27F and cloudy @ 12:00, heading up to a high of 32F with snow for the day. Some evidence on the back deck that it's been spitting snow/sleet/ice pellets. Wind currently howling.

Red-bellied woodpecker out the kitchen window while I was fixing my coffee. Numerous birds and several squirrels out at the feeders around back.

Good time at Thanksgiving gathering yesterday, was nice to get together after so long. No lack of food to chose from, wish I could have sampled it all. Think The Woman brought home plenty of leftovers so I might get to still.

First time I have been over to their place, Woman has been there a number of times. They have a very nice home. Our hostess raises and sells day lilies as one of her side gigs, currently has over 300 varieties if I understood correctly. Will be looking to order up this coming spring once she has them available again.

Not much on agenda for today, and another email to do beyond that.

Do need to refill hopper feeder at least, also possibly sunflower tube feeders. May throw some corn in the deer feeder as well.

Have a document I need to scan and email out.

Probably bring in aquarium stand planter.

Plants are due in today via USPS.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Black Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #141,646  
Billy,

Happy Anniversary to you and the Missus !

/ Good morning!!!! #141,647  
RS, make sure you get a nip of Cointreau. Or two

I was deep into it the night before, while I was making the sheet cake.

Also had a few nips after the Thanksgiving meal ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #141,648  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 9:15AM. Partly cloudy. High 64F. Winds light and variable.
Still no rain in the 10-day.

My money's on some RC flying, Ted. Take it easy when you can...

I have the same sentiments as you regarding assisted suicide, Eric. I've watched both my mother and father suffer long, painful deaths for absolutely no reason. I think it was last year California passed legislation allowing it, and I'd be more than willing to use it under the right circumstances.

The Mustang looks good in its new home, Doug. What'll you put in the high bay?

That squirrel looks plenty enough plump to make it through the winter, Ron.

This year's turkey was of the Green New Deal variety: over priced, one sitting, no leftovers. Smoked it on the BBQ, found the rotisserie attachment and it worked fine. Browned it with the IR burner for the last 30 minutes or so, and it came out perfect, falling off the bone.

turkeyGreenNewDeal.jpg

I also enjoyed a nip of Buffalo Trace; did you know the same distillery also produces Blanton's? BT is much easier to find these days.

Fell asleep on the couch in mid movie, woke up and went to bed.

Did a little Black Friday shopping this morning, not finding anything of use on sale. Went ahead and ordered another SSD for backups, and another 1000' of ethernet cable to reach up to the cul-de-sac. Also found that Shield is offering 10% off their red dot sights, and have a new larger size, so one of those is on the way, too. It'll be interesting to see how long shipping takes now that the HoliDaze are upon us.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,649  
I have the same sentiments as you regarding assisted suicide, Eric. I've watched both my mother and father suffer long, painful deaths for absolutely no reason. I think it was last year California passed legislation allowing it, and I'd be more than willing to use it under the right circumstances.

I also enjoyed a nip of Buffalo Trace; did you know the same distillery also produces Blanton's? BT is much easier to find these days.
Suicide is a very personal decision...if I were in such a desperate situation, I expect I'd go for it...
The mother of a friend of my stepdaughter did the assisted suicide thing. The lady was in her late 70's and was dying of pancreatic cancer...apparently a rather painful way to go with no hope to survive. The mother opted for a green burial as well.
Well, we're all gonna go sometime, and this sounds as good, and dignified, as any way...

Blanton's!!! Great stuff!!
Never tried Buffalo Trace...guess I ought to give it a try since we have all the makin's for an Old Fashioned

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #141,650  
Well the predictions of the weather in Burlington being ugly were accurate. But we got in and out dropped off in Hagerstown, and landed back in Philly. Weather was clear enough for the return legs, but pretty breezy, over 35 and bumpy. But we are done and on our way home in the Prius.