Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,841  
Sorry to hear that Rich B1. Doctors are not what they used to be. A good one is hard to find in this day and age. Hope you improve soon mate.

My poor wife, Lesley, has been struggling with her gardening. She bought about 20 geraniums and planted them out. They started deteriorating pretty much straight away so was blaming the soil, rain, etc. We bought a soil test kit and it showed the soil to be ideal for her garden. We even bought a truckload of soil and tested that and all OK.
Long story short, we both woke around 1.15 a.m. so got up and had a cuppa on the porch. While sitting there I noticed movement in the garden so I grabbed a torch. Found the culprits. Some possums were picking all her flowers off her geraniums and eating them. Little sods. Not sure we are going to be able to stop them.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,843  
Must be a morning for deer. I came out of my work shed to find these two eating acorns. Surprised the hung around long enough to sneak to the house to get the camera. The buck is already missing half his rack.
IMG_1696 (2).JPG
IMG_1688 (2).JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #141,845  
42F and sunny @ 13:30, headed up to a high of 45F.

Made a run down to the PO yesterday and got documents sent off to attorney, also picked up a sheet of stamps, which we had run out of.

Grabbed mail and deposited trash/recyclables in the cans on the way back in.

Also stopped by shop and picked up a 5/16 drill bit for the dowel rods for roost boxes and a hole saw for the entry hole. Had to go back up with a pipe wrench to change out the arbor on the hole saw as it was being stubborn.

Removed the pet carrier from the van when I got back down to the house.

Refilled hopper and two sunflower tube feeders, also located extension cord for birdbath.

Got holes for L screws drilled on the barn owl box cleanup door and got those installed, also the hinges for the clean out door. No routing done though.

More clean up done in basement.

The Woman got a text and a picture from the cat adoption lady - Frank, the abandoned cat that our former neighbors left, has been adopted and is in his new forever home. Told her she needs to inquire if the cat adoption lady is now ready to take the downstairs cat ... ;)

This afternoon's agenda:

Since it's not bitter cold and is sunny will be focusing on get the last of the new peonies and irises planted.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #141,846  
   / Good morning!!!! #141,847  
Hello all, been a long time, thought when I retired in July 2020 I would then have time to keep up with this thread. It seems not to be the case, I have less time now then when I was working. Not complaining, enjoying retirement for sure. Hope all is well with everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #141,848  
13F this morning 29F now.

Did do much today least gout relaxing,going to be feet up evening.

Enjoy your day all.

Welcome Boss.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,849  
Hello all, been a long time, thought when I retired in July 2020 I would then have time to keep up with this thread. It seems not to be the case, I have less time now then when I was working. Not complaining, enjoying retirement for sure. Hope all is well with everyone
Glad you turn the page started new chapter...retirement (y) maybe little more time continue working on 1/2 scale JD.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,850  
Seven more peony roots and two more iris rhizomes in the ground ... (y)

Still have two iris to go on the east frog pond planting bed but the place they're going into is snow-covered at the moment. That should resolve itself tomorrow with rain and warmer temps.

Came inside to warm up feet.

Will go back out here in a little bit to prep planting bed area under the kitchen window for six Orienpet lilies and gather up tools and bring those inside.

Then probably replant banana tree into a bigger pot.