/ Good morning!!!! #141,871  
45 high of 65 today wow

Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #141,872  
send that heat on up please Buppies
but you'll probably send the rain with it too
We could use some.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,873  
Good morning, low 13 and high 30°F. Wind NNW 5 mph. 60% chance of snow. Tonight another inch.

We got about 3" yesterday while I was in North Bay. I will clear that off today, just turn the BB backwards and scrape off the loose stuff. Now is the time I define my lines and start my piles.

Gary, nice job on the 1/2 scale.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #141,874  
25 outside this AM, heading to upper 50's. Like close to 60's.

Friend coming over in a few to help split wood. Should be fun.

Yesterday went well, all heading back to their homes this AM. FIL only blew up at me once, he clogged a toilet.

Such is family drama. I stayed in the kitchens most of the day. That was fine with me.

Alien, good you got the car running again. Daughter had a similar experience, the engine ended up being water locked, lost the car on that one. Glad your safe.

Looking forward to getting outside for the day. Tomorrow looks to be a road trip for me to help someone out on a city job. Not sure if I will drive or do the Metro. Not looking forward to either.

Hope the shed return, goes smoothly...Drew.

Have a great day all, be safe. Get healthy to those ailing.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,876  
30F sun cloud mix mid 30 for high,tomorrow mix bag of weather. :rolleyes:

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...Town for critter food,couple wheel barrow loads wood in basement,try free 1/2 sheet iron plate from the ground :rolleyes: other than that putter.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,877  
Good Morning
It’s 38 and likely to hit 45 today with clearing skies.
Yesterday had snow flurries on and off all day with none sticking.

I got all the driveway markers in yesterday, about 75 total. The new tool worked out perfect, no revision required. Cleaned some more calcified aerators and sprayers in the ultrasonic tank, I’m amazed at what you can clean with just distilled water.
Doctor appointment this morning, hope to change the oil in the Kubota later on. Not much else on the table, I’ll wait and see what the day brings.

I’m curious how Drew will make out with his shed. HD has a good reputation about their return policy, and he certainly tried to work to get the parts needed to assemble it. I’m sure that he will let us know how it went.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,878  
Good Morning!!!! 60F @ 4:30AM. Sunny. Near record high temperatures. High 69F. Winds light and variable.

Very glad to hear it was the Honda you took swimming, Doug. And hope a good drying out is all it needs. Those parrots are pretty big birds. Do they ever cause you any mischief?

Not sure what to suggest as a lubricant when cutting aluminum, Eric, but I'd go with one specifically recommended for that metal as others have suggested. One thing I would for sure do when working with a hole saw that size is make darn good and sure that the workpiece is fixed very firmly to the table of the drill press. With a piece of wood behind it to protect the table. Don't ask me how I know how much damage a large spinning piece of sheet metal can do if the saw becomes stuck and you lose your grip on it. o_O

Paul's right, Drew: when it comes to quality knives, you get what you pay for. My first Mini Champ came from a small shop on a back street in Salzburg, Austria. Several years later it slipped out of my pocket while I was sitting down and I never saw it again. But I appreciated the smooth opening action of the "blades", how long the cutting edges stayed sharp, and how the pivots never loosened, even when I abused the heck out of them using the screwdrivers. I was very happy when I found the same knife for sale at REI, and have lost and replaced several since. I don't have enough experience with the Coast knife to know how well it compares yet, but good steel isn't cheap, and neither is the labor, especially if it comes from the US of A, which in the case of the Coast it most assuredly does not. But as I mentioned, the one handed action works very well, and as delivered, the blade is quite sharp. Not bad at all for twenty bux.

Decided to pop into town yesterday and pickup the parts needed to finish up with the transmission. Got a blood draw done as well, and was asked for the first time what were my pronouns. "None" was my answer. I was even more surprised they asked for my gender, this in a face-to-face interaction! No wonder costs are going up when people are forced to waste time on such drivel.

Came home to a full parcel box, so I'll be out this morning "fertilizing" the decomposed granite and gravel with RM43 before the weeds get a better foothold.

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,879  
Riptides, glad the drama was low. I was afraid of more drama last weekend but it went pretty well.

Alien, good thing the Honda didn’t sail away, and you got it home.

Happy Dec everyone. We had a few snow flurries yesterday.
26° was the low, now 31° and sunny.

Drew, good luck with shed. Don’t get any tickets.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,880  
I got all the driveway markers in yesterday, about 75 total. The new tool worked out perfect, no revision required.
Glad it worked for you!!

I need to get mine in, but the snow has to melt a bit more

Last edited: