Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,911  
Didn't get the platform done, didn't even get started other than taking measurements. The bugs know it is going to rain, they are thicker than fleas on a dogs back and quite hungry. I did get the boat/flatbed trailer moved to its' new home for the summer.
I don't do well in the high heat. I'm done for today.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,912  
74F with bright sunshine @ 11:00, headed up to a high of 81F supposedly. Calling for afternoon showers or thunderstorms, 58% chance of precipitation.

Would not be bad to get a little rain at this point with as warm as it has been. Would keep things green and humming along. Save me from having to water as well.

Primary focus today will be to finish cutting the front lawn, also the southern end of the compost/wood lot (soon to be pumpkin/winter squash patch) It has been so wet up there that the grass is probably 6" to 8" tall (or more) and is very thick. Will probably take multiple passes to get it cut down to a reasonable height.

In fact, the lawn - whatever it is composed of (grass, weeds, etc.) seems noticeably thicker overall this year, hope that is an indication that my efforts are finally paying off. Now if I could get it sprayed for weeds, we'd be all set.

Tried something different yesterday when filling up the hopper feeder: normally I take a scoop of cracked corn and sprinkle it around the base of the pole the feeder is on. With the new location, the grass seemed way too thick, so instead I tried Thomas' method: dumped it in three little piles on the sidewalk.

The doves didn't find it yesterday, but this morning there were two bluejays picking over whatever was left which wasn't much.

Need to get moving before the rain arrives.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #149,913  
66°F and .33 inches rain.

Trip to PO this morning. Looks like my Amazon package that has been vacationing in Honolulu since May 2 has decided to come home. Then back to the flail.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #149,914  
Kyle, thanks for noticing the Mighty Bobcats are having their best season since 1997.
Ranked as high as number 9 earlier this season, now at 15. Got a bunch of wins over power 5
Conferences this year, including one over Texas when they were ranked No. 1.

Hoping for a 2 seeding at a regional.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,915  
am glad a friend came over to help me build this water reel. The box was in bad shape so I had my fingers crossed
when I opened it. Went together fine. We both have arthritis so another hand is always welcome for little screws.
I had all the tools ready, used little Bosch powerdriver to bolt it together. Very heavy axles, this is rated for 250 feet of hose so
being heavy duty will help. An extra feature of this hose reel is a rotary screw feeding mechanism fed by a small toothed belt.
Each time you turn the handle the hose feed moves over an inch. Nice feature, hope it doesn't break. Tires are solid, a plus.

This is my friend from church who is a good handyman mechanic, we have worked side by side for decades, one chore or one adventure together.
Both of us are hobbling a bit but we get it done. His father was an aircraft mechanic so he has great genes. And he still devotedly takes care of his 101 year old Mother.

my oldest friend is now in the hospital getting help. His wife has been an RN in the hospital he is in for 40 years.
He will be very well cared for, but the medical calvary hasn't arrived yet, and it will, has had his first chemo, he is full of fluid and pretty unhappy.
His wife and I talk regularly.
I told her as head of a Quaker Meeting I would hold Joe in the Light tomorrow morning, which is our way of saying praying for him.
So he'll have another church full of people sending good karma his way.

David, waiting on a new tractor, what fun. I hope Sophie loves it.

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0873 (2).JPG
    IMG_0873 (2).JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 75
   / Good morning!!!! #149,916  
detergent, makes sense, thanks guys.
I will use straight Dawn first, if that doesn't work, I'll try WD40.
I was going to take these pants on my trip next week so no trip to dry cleaner, they take a week to turn around clothes.

I appreciate the suggestions, not wanting to ruin synthetic pants.
It's really amazing how many uses there are for WD40.
My wife swears by this Drew. Lord knows I give her plenty of opportunities to use it.

Attachments

• 36B1DD19-474F-4F3A-9445-B27110F84579.png
    36B1DD19-474F-4F3A-9445-B27110F84579.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
   / Good morning!!!! #149,917  
It is possible that 3 year old RM43 is no longer working?
Sprayed a few areas 4 days ago and nothing!
Usually they would be brown and crinkly. Did 8oz to 2 gallons water.
43% glyphosate has never worked that fast here, Ken. I might see some wilting the next day, maybe some yellowing after a week, but brown and crinkly burn down takes a couple weeks. And in the case of RM43, unless I remove that burn down and respray, not enough of the pre-emergent makes it into the soil to prevent new weeds from growing.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,918  
Went to a country Mennonite store and grabbed a good sub for lunch. Also grabbed some other yummy stuff like malted milk balls.
My wife’s grandmother used to live about 1/4 mile down the road from the store.
IMG_4483.JPG

Stacks of canning lids for sale.
But MIL said there was another country store with canning lids, so we drove around the countryside and eventually found the store, just in a corner of a barn on a Mennonite farm. There was a buggy hitched there, and when he left I guess I had parked too close and he gave me a grumpy stare.
A guy who had been talking to grumpy said they were getting ready to go to a baptism service, but when my wife said she just wanted canning lids he opened up the store and sold her some. Didn’t take a picture there, but it’s on left side of this hill.
IMG_4490.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #149,919  
70° going for 94° today, so I started refinishing the deck (back porch) before good daylight. Yesterday, I hosed, scrubbed it, etc. to get it good and clean then this morning I applied a fresh coat of Sherwin-Williams Deckscape. I sure hate to see the hot weather coming.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,920  
just read an article that six Texas power plants tripped due to overload caused by hot weather. They want everyone to set their a/c at 78 or higher.
Bird, keep your cool.