Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,022  
We were this close to winning the big money. In the Hand and Foot card tournament of the 26 teams we came in 3rd place, only first and second place got monetary awards. Five games were played, no team won all 5. We were in a 3 way tie with 4 wins and since we were 190 points behind second place we ended up with just an almost. It was fun and we didn't get pushed into a higher paying tax bracket.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,023  
We were this close to winning the big money. In the Hand and Foot card tournament of the 26 teams we came in 3rd place, only first and second place got monetary awards. Five games were played, no team won all 5. We were in a 3 way tie with 4 wins and since we were 190 points behind second place we ended up with just an almost. It was fun and we didn't get pushed into a higher paying tax bracket.

Congrats, that’s pretty good out of 26 teams.
You guys must do a game different than us. Five games would take us probably 10-12 hours, maybe more. For us, a single game we meld 50, 90, 120, 150, 120, 90, & 50 points. Usually take a small break after 150. Winner has most points at end. It’s quite possible to win every hand but 1 and still lose. We had one game that ended in a tie.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,024  
2022-05-17, 0459

52° right now...high in the mid-60's today...
Pretty steady rain yesterday, which was nice...grass is really growing now
Working on a PowerPoint and spreadsheet for the boss...having some problem updating the charts which I've never had before...normally, just right clicking the charts (in the PowerPoint) opens a menu to edit the chart data...not working this time for some reason. It's due today, so I'm up early to work on it...maybe a brain fart on my part...or, the file is corrupted somehow

I posted this in another thread, but curious if any of you have thoughts on this:
My ZT was getting a full service since all I ever did was oil and filter changes. Figured after 5 or 6 years of use, and around 220 hours, a full service would be a good idea. Now, when parking the mower for the off season, I fill the tank and add Stabil (then run the engine to get the Stabil throughout the fuel system)...then the usual....greasing, etc.
Anyway, called the dealer asking the status of work. He told me all was well, but they had to drain the fuel tank as there was quite a bit of water in the fuel (> 1 gallon was his estimate). I have no idea how water could get in the tank. I never ran the tank dry (normally topped off at ¼-½ tank)...after mowing, the ZT was parking in a garage (no heat nor AC). I have a hard time believing this was condensation built up over the last 5-6 years. At this point, I'm assuming there was water in the fuel when when I was refueling..
Any thoughts? WAGS?

/ Good morning!!!! #150,025  
55 high of 80 today 90s in our future 1.5 in of rain short this year so far

my guess is condensation from temperature changes

Prayers for all our Country Ukrainian people

/ Good morning!!!! #150,026  
Congrats, that’s pretty good out of 26 teams.
You guys must do a game different than us. Five games would take us probably 10-12 hours, maybe more. For us, a single game we meld 50, 90, 120, 150, 120, 90, & 50 points. Usually take a small break after 150. Winner has most points at end. It’s quite possible to win every hand but 1 and still lose. We had one game that ended in a tie.
We can start melding at first game 50, second 90, third 120, fourth 150, fifth 150. That is the 5 games. Each game is timed - 23 minutes. The team wins by going out first with two clean melds and two dirty melds. Melds are 7 cards only. The card count is kept only to break ties. There were several teams that exceeded the time limit, in that case everyone at that table stops at 23 minutes and looses.

Strategy 1 - to open melds
Strategy 2 - to get into your foot
Strategy 3 - to get you partner in their foot by not closing melds and opening up more melds. (stop at 6 cards once the meld hits 7 cards they cannot be added to and a new meld of at least 3 same cards or 2 and a wild card has to be opened.
Strategy 4 - close two clean melds and 2 dirty melds and then again stop closing melds to keep other melds open.
Strategy 5 - get rid of your cards and go out for the win.

The five games with shuffling in-between takes 2 hours.

The biggest mistake by rookies is that they close the melds too soon, wrongly thinking that they need the most points, instead of concentrating on the win (going out) only.

Good morning! 71˚F heading to the mid 90s. Yesterdays high was 99˚F. I finished the yard at noon yesterday when it hit 90˚F.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,027  
good morning all
nice day, 55 going up to high 70s in sunshine.

Roy, hope you are feeling much better. Good luck with the spreadsheet.

errands this morning, not much else planned
hope you all have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #150,028  
53 and clear...going to 84 and sun...got lots of wind yesterday, but none of the storms. BEF, you keep the hail up there, okay?

Roy, sounds like either the fuel had water when you filled it, or the dealer made a mistake...just a longshot: you said you didn't park it outside in the rain, but did the dealer?

I did the 300 hour maintenance on my zero yesterday, and fixed the flat tire, although I'll have to check it again to make sure there is not a remaining slow leak. Also mowed for a couple of hours.

Don, beautiful piece of furniture behind that nice Modena vinegar bottle.

RNG, nice blood moon pic...not a "Ron" but very nice. (y)

It would be nice to get a sheep update and pond alien status from greater Shropshire.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,029  
Good morning, low temp 46 and the high to 55°F. Wind NW 17 gusting to 23 mph. 40% chance of rain and it is raining now so I would assume there is a 100% chance of rain.

No grass cutting today, too wet. :mad:

If the rain slows down later I will go rock picking instead.

I got the rails for the tongue of the trailer back yesterday and may install them today after I paint them.

Roy, I am almost willing to bet that your water problem is condensation. I hardly ever let my tank get below 1/2 and in fall I run everything except the genny and the Kioti right out of fuel. First tank of fuel in spring is 'the good stuff', high test. The genny lives on high test, zero ethanol.
That is the way I do it and I never have trouble with water in my fuel.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #150,030  
Roy, no idea. Does plastic tank condensate?
What maintenance does ZT need other than the engine oil?

Don, no idea about your game either.

Last edited: