Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,151  
69F and cloudy @ 12:45, still calling for a high of around 87F ... but it's gonna have to get a move on if it wants to hit that number. Some indications the Sun might be trying to make an appearance. Rather breezy at the moment.

Had a downpour earlier and everything outside is looking wet, LWS says 0.55" of precipitation since midnight. That will keep things humming along.

Lots of action at the hopper feeder this morning: pair of Bluejays sparring with a Red-Bellied Woodpecker. Looked like the Red-Bellied won out ... probably that beak.

The 6" pots (and inkjet carts) from Amazon are on the truck, out for delivery.

Need to get cleaned up and drag the razor across my face and make it over to the Kubota dealer before they close. Then make the run down to Menards in Massillon.

Will be too wet to do anything outside once I get back, so likely inside work: either some seed planting or work on the Kubota ... maybe both !

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe TGIF ! ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,152  
RS is you full time planting career tuning into a full time weeding career

Nope ... not even close at this point.

We've found mulching to be pretty effective at suppressing weeds.

Of course, it doesn't eliminate them entirely, so there's still some weeding to do ... but that tends to go pretty easily ... since the mulch helps to retain soil moisture and usually makes it far easier to pull the ones that do come up.

Trick is to get them before they go to seed.

or can you just call them "native" gardens?

I'm sure we could.

;)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,153  
safe and sound in Folly Beach SC. 5 hour drive down turned into 7, awful route 17 traffic. I swore I wouldn't get on 95 again but that's how I'm getting back.
got into bathing suit and jumped in ocean, about 75, very refreshing and stopped my constant sweating. Thankfully a/c is keeping house at 75 also, but the humidity outside is, as normal, off the charts.

Attachments

• IMG_0035 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0035 - Copy.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
   / Good morning!!!! #150,154  
The last time we had Monkey Pox in the U.S. was in 2003.
72 people got it.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,155  
80F and partly cloudy and breezy @ 17:30, with a stray shower or thunderstorm still possible. Looks like the big heat wave is a bust ... but there is always tomorrow.

Run to local Kubota dealer and Menards completed. Menards was showing only one 16 quart bag of starter potting soil for seeds. Thankfully they substituted two 8 quart bags ... (y)

Slid by Dunkin while I was down there and hit the gas station for 4 gallons for the Cub on the way back.

Amazon driver is 8 stops away so will be here any minute I expect.

Probably see about getting the lawn down here around the house mowed next if it's dry enough.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,156  
Morning all, Foggy and going up to 84 with more rain possible.
Got 4 more bags of salt in pool. Not much else done.

Welcome back Mostly - great to hear the ride went well!
Alien - beautiful country - Are you drying out yet?
Randy - heal fast
Buppies - sorry you have to wait more
Don - sounds like a great success and lots of fun, big crowd

Stay safe and be well,
Unfortunately we are experiencing continuous showers so no hope of drying out. Rain expected for at least another week. Bit of a battle with mould occurring right through the state. Not pleasant when you are used to mostly sunny days. Our lawn is a real soggy mess. All shops are sold out of vinegar and mould killer.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,157  
Well just getting in the house from unloading my new offset/ditch flail mower from the delivery truck.
1720 pounds of mower on the forks, didn't get any pictures tonight.
With this forecast it may wait till Monday to uncrate and assemble it;
1653087818289.png

Hot and humid two things my old carcass does not handle real well anymore.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,158  
Well just getting in the house from unloading my new offset/ditch flail mower from the delivery truck.
1720 pounds of mower on the forks, didn't get any pictures tonight.
With this forecast it may wait till Monday to uncrate and assemble it;

Hot and humid two things my old carcass does not handle real well anymore.
Looking forward to your report!!!

I know what you mean about hot and humid...

/ Good morning!!!! #150,159  
The gasoline price really jump this week. From Monday to Friday up 18¢ a gallon.
A heavy hazy day 93˚F, glad the gym AC was working good.

We have surpassed a hundred cases a day again for the last two days in the county were were down to single digits for a few weeks. Mask are a rare sight but like RNG lots hand sanitizing is a must for us personally, so far so good.

Buckeye did the dentist require mask? Is there anywhere where mask are still required? The last place I encountered mandatory mask was at my mom's eye appointment 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Is anyone else getting confused on the number of people being referenced in news articles with the plural pronouns of "they" and "them" instead of the singular his or her's when they are talking about one person?

LouNY, the earlier than normal hot and humid are getting to me also this year.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,160  
Is anyone else getting confused on the number of people being referenced in news articles with the plural pronouns of "they" and "them" instead of the singular his or her's when they are talking about one person?
Confused and aggravated by the whole d---- thing especially since at least one of the idiots is one of my grand daughters she sees to think she should be referred to as "them" when it's just her, then on top of that she doesn't like the name her mother has given her and wants to be called Romeo. I just asked her well hell who do I make out the check for for your birthday she didn't like that much. Actually came back after a bit and asked for a gift card instead.