Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,741  
Birds are busy at the feeder this morning red finches, mr and mrs red bird, titmouse, blue bird, chickadee, Donna dove on the ground, house wren, yellow finch, squirrel on ground, chipmunk on ground. Busy bird feeder day and our resident hummingbird

/ Good morning!!!! #150,742  
66°F and .24 inches rain

A very nice Happy Hour gathering yesterday with abundance of good food. Grilled chicken thighs came out great but perhaps the surprise favorite was my curry kabocha coconut soup. Curry Roasted Kabocha Soup with Ginger and Coconut Milk | Foodland. I’m sure Don could sub for the olive oil. I added carrots and didn’t discard the skin.

Not sure what the day will bring, hopefully my Starlink kit.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #150,743  
G'morning. Clear, cooler day. Caught the edge of a pretty good storm last night. Power went out, and as I was looking over my (untested) generator setup, the power came back on. I think I have the right cables to run the house, via the stove 220v outlet (after disconnecting from the grid - of course). I think I will test this setup today, before it's really needed. Anyone build a little "hut" for the generator to sit in, next to the house and out of the rain?
There are a bunch of vids on youtube for a home built enclosures, I wasn't looking for another project so I settled for a plastic deck sized shed. Its been in use for a few years now with no issues, basically it keeps it out of the weather.

Attachments

• 1652047741500.jpeg
    1652047741500.jpeg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 378

/ Good morning!!!! #150,744  
Anyone build a little "hut" for the generator to sit in, next to the house and out of the rain?
i have a tin 'garden shed' for my genny AND the 20 gallons of high test gas I keep with it. Where the exhaust comes out of the genny I cut a hole in the shed and put 1/2" hardware screen over it and held that down with pop rivets. A NO SMOKING sign resides on the door as a reminder. The shed sits on top of 4 skids and where the gas resides there are hardware screen covered holes in the floor.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #150,745  
North Bay trip all done. Outside temperature 80+°F and the temp inside the house is 75. I can handle that. A/C quit on the '13 Dodge, yet the '01 Jeep Wrangler still blows cold air. 12 years newer and the A/C can't keep up. :mad:

/ Good morning!!!! #150,746  
Afternoon all!
Was 70 when I got up this morning at 5:30. With rain coming tomorrow I figured it was time to get mowing. Wife and I did our 3 mile walk first had some breakfast and I started. Just finished and it sure is a killer out there! I did most of the string trimming Sunday so the rest can wait. Garden is now fully planted and we have a short fence partially erected. Will see what critters come before we decide on the rest.
Both of us are doing fine and plan on doing the retirement thing the rest of the week.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,747  
96 and not too humid, feels like 100. Been too hot to do much outside, took Gracie for a walk, but not too far. A few clouds but the only rain is over in BEF’s neighborhood.

Since I’m in the house I’m going to make a my version of Mexican stir fry. Everyone will enjoy it, or else!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,749  
Buppies, save some for me.
dinner time is half an hour for me, you guys are too slow...

92 out, a/c set at 77
I read that average a/c setting in summer is 72 degrees. That would be chilly for me, particularly when coming inside.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,750  
66°F and .24 inches rain

A very nice Happy Hour gathering yesterday with abundance of good food. Grilled chicken thighs came out great but perhaps the surprise favorite was my curry kabocha coconut soup. Curry Roasted Kabocha Soup with Ginger and Coconut Milk | Foodland. I’m sure Don could sub for the olive oil.
I'd just air fry the roasted vegetables using no oil.

Our air fryer stopped working today, it was pretty good, lasted 5 years averaged 3 uses a week.
I'm focusing on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJJ71XS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1