Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,271  
Randy(wag) the yoyo temps are weird.
They certainly are unusual. There's a High that's been "stalled" (according to the BoM) in the Australian Bight that's allowing the Antarctic air to stream Northwards... it's causing frosts to occur up the Eastern side of Aus. Why it, temporarily, 'warms' at around 0230 and then goes back down is beyond my ken.

Poor Alien (Southern QLD) is freezing his proverbial butt off! 😀

/ Good morning!!!! #151,272  
2022-06-10, 0350

52° right now...high in the low 70's today

Reducing my coffee intake seems to have helped...drinking more water has too...still keeping the "puppy Pads" close though

/ Good morning!!!! #151,273  
They certainly are unusual. There's a High that's been "stalled" (according to the BoM) in the Australian Bight that's allowing the Antarctic air to stream Northwards... it's causing frosts to occur up the Eastern side of Aus. Why it, temporarily, 'warms' at around 0230 and then goes back down is beyond my ken.

Poor Alien (Southern QLD) is freezing his proverbial butt off! 😀
I had to go to Toowoomba this afternoon. 11 Deg C all day up there. Always at least 5 deg cooler than down the range where we are. I don't whinge about the cold too much. I let my wife do that. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #151,275  
Quite cool this morning at 56, I hope to get both spraying and mowing done today.
Nice lunch with my daughter yesterday, 42 and still daddy’s girl.
My son who is 46 is having some heart issues stemming from open heart surgery he had when he was 4. He was born with Tetralogy of Fallot. He’s done quite well and was able to play high school sports and pretty much be normal. There are always later life complications, just a matter of what and when. He was fortunate to have the premier pediatric cardiac surgeon in the country if not the world at the time, Dr Gardner at Johns Hopkins who later became chief surgeon in Atlanta. He used a method that was new at the time and is still being done with modifications. They might have to replace the pulmonary valve, which now can be done through the artery like my aortic valve was. Absolutely amazing what can be done with minimal invasion nowadays.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,278  
Good Morning.
57 and going up about 20 degrees today under clear skies.

Yesterday was a nice day here, raining hard in Concord with low clouds, but we were in and out pretty quickly, back into the sun on top of them.

When I got home, had to deal with 300lbs of grain that wife bought at a “good deal” in torn bags. Then got to work on the mailbox.
Hardware from Amazon arrived, so I fit the box to the post, drilled the holes and bolted it together.
IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9094.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

Still haven’t cut out the numbers for it, I’m thinking that I’m only putting the number, no other graphics. The old one had an alpaca on it, but years ago I made a sign for the end of the lane. That mounts the same way, a base set in concrete with a flange that the sign bolts to. That post is only 2” schedule 40 pipe, the sign itself is high density urethane with the details sandblasted, and painted.

IMG_9088.jpg

You can see the base for the mailbox in the lower left of the picture.

I’ve got to get going, headed back to Concord to pick up the person I dropped off yesterday, should be back before lunch time.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,279  
good morning all
looks like a lovely blue sky day, 60 out now going up to 80
Hopefully my wrists will handle it but borrowing a friends gas weedeater and going to help another friend
get weeds out of their new veggie garden. I will do this just once...I planted the entire garden for them, least they can do is weed it, but they
don't have a rototiller, nothing but hand tools. They really need to do this right with landscape cloth; weeding is just too hard.

Randy, best wishes for son's improved health.

Check, it's a head scratcher. Maybe it was a loose wire, maybe just a bad sourced rocker switch. I got in an assortment of small fuses and will replace the 3amp one
we put in with a 10 amp as original. Funny that it started with a 3amp; I would have thought motor surge would have sucked more than that.
All I can say is keep some spare fuses on hand; there's one hiding in there up underneath, but you can sort of pull it out to inspect. Otherwise this gen has run flawlessly for me.
we'll both keep our fingers crossed.

I kidded Popgadget he was going to make that mailbox so nice it would motivate the yahoos to do something stupid. Mailman won't miss that box and looks like lots of big stuff will fit in.

when I get home I have to mow the lawn, that's all that's planned.

very disappointed with the broccoli. Looks like you only get one head per plant and I must have picked them too soon. Worried about bolting. Well....all that greenery to produce one bowl
of broccoli is more than I'm willing to do again, no matter how good it was. I thought the plant would kick off more buds/flowers but so far nothing.

not doing well with meds they gave me for Meniere's/tinnitus to relax a muscle in my neck/ear. Prozac makes me dizzy at times, a little tired, will try another week of it. Maybe get them to cut dose in half; have zero experience with this. Hearing is so bad I need to try what I can.

have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #151,280  
Good Morning.
57 and going up about 20 degrees today under clear skies.

Yesterday was a nice day here, raining hard in Concord with low clouds, but we were in and out pretty quickly, back into the sun on top of them.

When I got home, had to deal with 300lbs of grain that wife bought at a “good deal” in torn bags. Then got to work on the mailbox.
Hardware from Amazon arrived, so I fit the box to the post, drilled the holes and bolted it together.
View attachment 749591
View attachment 749592
View attachment 749593
View attachment 749594

Still haven’t cut out the numbers for it, I’m thinking that I’m only putting the number, no other graphics. The old one had an alpaca on it, but years ago I made a sign for the end of the lane. That mounts the same way, a base set in concrete with a flange that the sign bolts to. That post is only 2” schedule 40 pipe, the sign itself is high density urethane with the details sandblasted, and painted.

View attachment 749595

You can see the base for the mailbox in the lower left of the picture.

I’ve got to get going, headed back to Concord to pick up the person I dropped off yesterday, should be back before lunch time.
Nice sign, and a good sturdy mailbox.