Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,711  
78°F and cloudy with some scattered brief showers this morning, only going up to 99° today.

Wife sent me a text message this morning that the trucking company arrived at 07:00 to drop the new gravel for the driveway. Looking forward to getting that redone. They are also supposed to be bringing a load of dirt for the new shooting berm. Looking forward to getting that done as well.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,712  
Good Morning!!!! 70F @ 6:30AM. A mix of clouds and sun. High 89F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Looks like it's gonna be a nice day, but maybe a little bit windy.
Tonight the bottom drops out, and tomorrow's high will only be in the 70s, with the low dropping back down into the 50s.
No rain in the 10-day, and we'll be back to the 100s and 90s next week.

Drove the van into town for groceries yesterday, and the Check Engine light was on before it even got out of the driveway. Reset it, and it was back on again before I got home. Two of the same old problems, still looking for solutions.

The hydraulic shop did have the elbows I needed, and the Eley hose reel had been delivered while I was away, so I started assembling that. It was too hot to install it, same with the hoses for the flail, so I'll do that this morning. Then back to some more paperwork for this afternoon. And pack for a weekend with the Airheads at Lake Tahoe for a tech day. Gonna be down right cold over there, with lows down near 30. I'll pack a tent, but I'm hopin' for a couch inside...

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,713  
86F and "Fair" @ 10:45, HI 94F, DP 71F ... heading up to an actual high temp of around 90F today so a little cooler than yesterday.

Actual high temp here at the LWS yesterday hit 98.8F, so probably broke the record which would be recorded at CAK.

50% chance of scattered thunderstorms to develop later this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be a little nicer than today, with the high temp dropping back to a more seasonable 81F.

Plant delivery to a relative put off for a week until they come back from vacation.

The Cub just rolled the 300 hour mark during the last mowing of the front yard, so it's now due for an oil and filter change, along with a cleaning of the pre-filter for the air cleaner. Might get to that today if I can find a bit of shade to do it in.

Haircut also still on agenda for today.

As is putting up the track lighting in the dining room.

Along with some plant watering (unless it rains)

Woman was inquiring as to something for Father's Day, was originally thinking about a pair of Croc's - the kind with a backstrap so they don't come off - to wear instead of my boots while puttering around outside. After finding the two pairs of flip-flops in the closet though, I think we can forego that expenditure for the time-being.

However Menards does have a set of Bluetooth Hearing Protection Earmuffs which are on sale ("while supplies last") at 50% off the original price (after rebate) They're their own private label brand (Masterforce), unclear how good they might be (said to offer a 25dB noise reduction and 40-hour play time) or how practical it will be to wear them outside in the summer heat, but at only a $20 outlay I think I'll roll the dice:

Masterforce™ Earmuffs with Bluetooth

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Thursday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #151,714  
68°F and .03 inches rain.

Should be able to get this round of mowing finished up this morning.
My turn to visit ophthalmologist for 30 day check of my cataract surgery. Hope I did as well as Randy.

While in town run a few errands.

This afternoon is dinner and H&F at friends house.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #151,715  
Severe thunderstorm watch was issued a while ago until 21:00.

Just had a brief down pour.

And now a Dangerous Thunderstorm Alert issued.

Appears to be tracking east from WSW of here, stretches from Wooster back to Mansfield.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,716  
70F overcast chance rain over night.

Been good day...spent most of day trimming mowing front field...back pockets are now dragging.
Had good chat couple highway workers dropping off 9 replacement's plastic road culverts,seems old 45+ year old under rated metal culvert 30' bad shape but the highway Director not scheduled until 2024...little puzzle ???

Not much plan for the evening other than numbing it. ;)

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,717  
Friday here already.
Lesley to Dr today and a few jobs in town while we are out.
Went to buy a hat the other day. Saw a nice Stetson but did a double take when they told me the price. $267. So I bought a $40 ventilated hat instead. Seems like $267 is just the starting price of good hats. Some were way over $300.
Have a great Friday when it gets there.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,719  
70F overcast chance rain over night.

Been good day...spent most of day trimming mowing front field...back pockets are now dragging.
Had good chat couple highway workers dropping off 9 replacement's plastic road culverts,seems old 45+ year old under rated metal culvert 30' bad shape but the highway Director not scheduled until 2024...little puzzle ???

Not much plan for the evening other than numbing it. ;)

Enjoy your evening all.
How's the ticker doing?

/ Good morning!!!! #151,720  
Went to buy a hat the other day. Saw a nice Stetson but did a double take when they told me the price. $267. So I bought a $40 ventilated hat instead. Seems like $267 is just the starting price of good hats. Some were way over $300.
Alien, I think the beginning price starts at 80 bucks. You can wash a Tilley in the machine dozens of times, tough hat, big fan of boaters

Now this isn't a dress hat, a Stetson sure is. So maybe 267 is the start of a "fancy" hat, to go with your nice boots. For a night on the town, with the top down.