Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,881  
What a way to start a summer; temperatures running more than 100° each day, grass fires in lots of places, just dead grass in our yard in spite of some watering. and most of the yards around this area appear dry and dead.

Two mornings, early last week, I went outside and saw a skunk prowling around the backyard next door. Then one morning I was blowing dust off the deck with the air hose, and a skunk came out from under my porch and went next door. So I stopped by the police department and they sent a young lady (Animal Control officer) to bring me a trap. I set the trap, and for 3 days saw no skunk anywhere. Then yesterday morning I got up to find an opossum in the trap, so I had the young lady come get the trap AND opposum.

And now we're getting some thunder, and a tiny bit of rain, although the sun is shining brightly and then the electricity went off. Fortunately it came back on in a couple of minutes. A power outage even with the (cooler?) temperature today of 95° would not be good.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,882  
63°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 81° today. It's already 80° now. More rain coming overnight/early morning.

I took the game cam out of the barn last night and mounted it on one of the back fence posts aimed at the coop. Haven't checked the card yet, but there was no evidence of any mischief when I fed the chickens this morning. But then, I shut them in the hen house overnight. Nothing in the live trap either.

Had a nice, colorful sunset for the walk back to the house.

20220729 Sunset.JPG

Wife picked up a new foster pup yesterday evening. First one we've had in awhile. Her name is Cha-cha, and she's a deaf and blind Australian Shepherd. We were supposed to get her a couple weeks ago, but the previous foster family had her spayed, so we had to wait for that to mostly heal. Wife set up the playpen crate for her, and she wasted no time trying to chew her way out of it. Wife made a canvas cover for it to try to keep them from climbing out, but a few had learned to chew on it or the bungies holding it. So, she asked me this morning to make something a little more sturdy that they can't grab and chew. We built a top from two pieces of plywood and a few 1x2 cross supports, held together with lag bolts and wingnuts to make it easier to take apart and store when not in use. Working great so far.

20220730 Cha-cha crate.JPG

Got the garage and bench cleaned up from that project, and suspended my garage sorting project I had been working on before doing this. Spent some time at the burn barrel with some of the sorted stuff, then called it a day. Going to spend some quality time in the studio this evening ... or at least that's the plan at the moment.

Good afternoon (arvo), gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,883  
View attachment 755155View attachment 755156View attachment 755157

1st WFPB potluck. Of the 32 rsvp only 22 were there. Covid and fear of Covid had some cancellations. It’s making its rounds on the neighborhood. First two pics were serving table and last pic was my plate, an successful attempt to get a bit of each on one plate. Sure was good. Not pictured was the dessert table with carrot cake, cobbler, and chocolate mousse.
Wow, I need to find a group like that!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,884  
Wow, I need to find a group like that!
You might be able to find a group near you.
Our neighborhood formed the WFPB group about 8 months ago and we became a plantpurepod member.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,885  
Bird, good to hear from you. Grass starting to dry up here, all rains lately miss us.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,886  
Love garden time, when most of supper comes from it. More corn tonight, then went and picked a bunch more. Course the steaks were raised next door. Picked a few tomatoes, but one is starting to go bad before it’s ripe.

I’m bringing the sermon tomorrow, my once a year to give our minister a break.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,887  
81F and partly cloudy @ 17:30, HI 82F.

Repotted a couple of pepper plants which had some soil splashed out of them, plus did a few others that were getting too big for the pots they were in. Won't be long before the rest of them need repotted as well.

Hummer sampling The Woman's dahlias:

IMG_1906 copy.jpg

Refueled Cub and got the front lawn all mowed.

After that grabbed the WB and made the rounds out front: all the Yarrow and Salvia, the 5 various butterfly milkweeds one of which is in bloom, the free plants The Woman got, the one largest Rose of Sharon, ginkgo tree, and the two peach trees.

Also got part of the planting bed in the second circle watered before running out.

Then took WB around back and refilled it while I emptied the dump cart of the plants I had repotted a few days ago (tomatoes, bell peppers, and eggplants)

Had to come in for a Mike's Hard Lemonade (ran out of iced coffee) but about to go finish watering the plants in the second circle.

Woman is headed for the barn, will stop and get take out from Wasabi Express for dinner which She always seems to be hankering for these days ... fine by me ... 😍

(Edit: Guess I forgot to hit the "Post reply" button)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,889  
Good early (Sunday) arvo. Overnight Low of 4.8C and overcast with a light breeze. Looking to a High of 12C.

Not much on for today. I've been to Church and checked the Shed = one mattress propped up outside so I brought that inside. The other day there were two heavy, old & just plain worn out arm-chairs with no cushions... totally useless but I guess that it was cheaper to 'dump' them there than paying for disposal at the 'tip'. So, of course, the Church (me) will have to take them to the tip and pay the price... maybe A$5. Fortunately this doesn't happen often.

Take care all.