Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,891  
Good day, got the rest of the weed wacking done! WOOHOO!
But, the head went kaput.... wore through the 'bump' , lost the two string grommets that feed the string, the plastic clips were now very loose.

Drove up to TSC and there was one.... only one,.... replacement head. It worked for a change, usually they don't just 'bolt on'. Got it back up and running in few minutes.

Until.... I tried the new line that I also got when I was at TSC. Well, that line (the most expensive) was just crap.... literally every foot of wacking needed to advance more line! Just kept breaking really easy.

I only had about 50' to go to finish.... I was pizzed, so back to TSC to return it. There were no other packs of line in the size needed (.105) except in a 1000' spool that cost over $100, so over to Walmart. They had what size was needed and $5 cheaper. Got home and finished up in about 10 minutes.

At least we got another 1/4" of rain. There were 2 big storms, one to the north, one to the south.... we were on the fringe of both, so just got a nice shower from both. They were both causing flooding where they were tracking.

Putting the feet up and relaxing now.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,892  
Good evening all. 76ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Light wind, moderate gusts, sky clouded up and rain showers in area, high temp was 95ºF, HI 102ºF. Finally got measurable rain, checked gauge and about .2 inch then started raining again. No more rain in 10 day, even split between upper 90's and 100's. Bike ride to start the morning Two guys still off riding across Iowa, nobody else shared their plans so went solo again, 51 miles. Wind not too bad, and no problems during ride. Nap after lunch then dinner at Mexican restaurant :)
Doug pretty nice weather, I would not complain about it either.
Randy(wag) what are the big-smokes?
Drew have fun playing in the grease. Good luck with the hooking up the propane bottles.
Roy good luck with customer audit, thought those were supposed to go away with the ISO/QS/AS audit ;)
Billy glad you did not get soaked. Sorry about faucets, hope it fried out enough to mow.
Thomas hope you find a fun activity.
Buppies hope you can enjoy the nice weather.
Don not good forecast for beef prices. Sorry about not wanting to cook your oatmeal.
Dennis Sunny and hot is closer to it.
RNG sorry abot the attempt to find phone line and revive the unifi not rewarding. Hope you can get a better unit without a lot of hassle. Good to hear meter installed.
Ken glad dead tree taken care of, have fun moving bulb in the high humidity. nice pics
Ken would be interesting to know hwy friend is bucking the trend.
Kyle sorry about the long wait for tire care.
RS glad you fixed noise on tractor. sorry about the over enthusiastic "pruning". My money on hog not coon. Nice nap. Hope today went well.
Paul glad you got a nice day to work on fence with son.
Ted glad you got some rain, we got some this afternoon at least .2 inch rain. Overcook and sweating both bad to me. Good to hear too muddy for tractor work. Hope you can find home for new dust system and use it :)
David good to hear son coming for visit, hope you get plenty time with them.
Dennis sorry about having to send generator back. You know better than get BBQ at non BBQ place .
RS good to hear prices still trending down. Hope mowing went well.
Bird hope you ended up with some accumulation of rain. Conditions much same here. Till today, thunder did not mean rain, even when lightning was close :(
PJ sorry more rain hope flooding minimal. nice pics. Any idea how long you will have pup?
Dennis glad you are getting corn and not critters. Good luck with sermon.
RS nice flower pic. Good to hear progress happening. None of us ever forget to hit post reply ;)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,893  
^^^
A "Big-smoke" is a city.

:)

In Tassie's case, that would be Hobart and Launceston. To a lesser extent, Burnie and Devonport.

Everywhere else, here, are small towns.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,894  
I was surprised to get about .41" of rain in my gauge yesterday, along with some thunder, even with the sun shining. And that .41" is all the rain we've gotten since June 4, almost 2 months with less than a half inch. I can't recall a worse drought for this area, and the NWS forecast for the foreseeable future is just for more of the same; hot, sunny, and dry.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,895  
67 going to only 83.

Bird, glad you got some rain. BTW, maybe that possum was keeping the skunk away.

LS, I did some string trimming, too. I've had good luck with Echo Black Diamond.

Also mowed for a few hours. More to go. Watched a little baseball and took a Mostly style nap.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,896  
Good Morning.
It’s 68 with clear skies, going to 85 and overcast with a chance of rain late tonight.

Yesterday was hotter than expected, but we made good progress on the fence. Got the fabric up on the posts we put in last go round, got more posts put in and a gate hung. We have one more post and a gate to put in, and a few line posts to replace to complete the project for now. I am very pleased with how well the hydraulic auger works on the Kubota. It had no problem digging a 9” hole almost 4’ deep in bone dry shale infested ground.

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

The son that was helping is a mechanical engineer that recently moved out, and has no tools of his own, which is a frustration to him, having grown up with almost any tool he could need at his disposal. I gave him a HF suitcase sized tool set for Christmas, and yesterday I saw that Amazon had a Makita set of 18v LXT drill, impact driver, circular saw, charger and 2 batteries for $279. I couldn’t resist it, he’s getting an early birthday present.

I also saw that TSC has a 3400psi, 2.4 gpm pressure washer with a Honda clone engine on sale for $350. Might be an expensive weekend for me.

Today will be a relaxing day, going to meet some old friends at a nearby grass airport and watch the gliders and biplanes.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,897  
There was a weed wacker line that was orange and square worked very well cannot remember name used in .95 and 105

69 super humid storms supposedly will see pond down a foot with all this rain well around here but not us. Lost of riding yesterday looking at jobs big driveways and the like

Prayers for Toppop, Kyle, Scaredy and his wife, all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #153,898  
That auger is very nice land here full of rock as well

/ Good morning!!!! #153,899  
59F clear sky mid 80's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...check game cams and relocate 1 cam,hope to do more than I did yesterday.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,900  
Thomas forgot to say she was back turned water cooler over again. The bear that is