Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,921  
Didn't get to do as much as I wanted today. Only thing accomplished was running another zone on the irrigation system out to the 2 new raised planters. I was hoping to get them filled, but ran out of steam.... the weed massacre over the last 2 days had me too sore to do much today.

The list for tomorrow is getting full ....

Drew, thanks for posting that trimmer string comparison. Definitely surprised at the winners.... I got lucky--- purchased the "weed warrior" string yesterday after returning the Shakespeare brand... which wasn't too good at all.

David, hope you and Sophie have a great time with your son/family.

No rain today. Plenty of dark clouds, but they never came together or form a storm. Chances everyday this coming week, Wed. and Thurs. have the highest likelihood of rain/storms. We are still almost 2" below 'normal' precipitation.

Everyone have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,922  
Good evening all. 80ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind day, light rain in morning, sky cleared in afternoon, high temp was 101ºF, HI 104ºF. Chapel to start day, made pancakes for breakfast, and conserved energy. Also did some chain lubing and shifting adjustments on bike. Did get nap in.
Buppies hope it was a good long day.
Randy(wag) Sorry about the chairs, hope Church was good.
Dennis hope you got some rain today.
Ted glad you could get trimmer back in action, got done, and got more rain.
Randy(wag) thanks for the explanation.
Bird glad you got some rain.
Billy hope trimming went well and mowing. Nice to hear you got a nap.
Paul good to hear good progress on fence project. I had access to a machine shop until I moved to Texas. Hope your wallet recovers from this weekend.
Buppies Hope you got some rain, good luck bidding the jobs.
Thomas hope today went well.
Buppies sorry about bear.
RNG hope you hear from buddy soon on trenching.
Roy have fun with Margeaux.
Ken thanks for tip for trimmer string. hope you got the grass sprayed. Hope dog wash lasted longer than 10 minutes :)
RS nice sized load of manure. nice garden haul. hope mowing under control.
Ted hope you made progress on agenda.
Drew thanks for the link.
David glad mowing went well. hope family visiting goes well.
PJ glad not too much rain. Also nice to her wifey time. Thanks for the info on how long you have puppy.
Drew Hope the alligator does not bite. Love the smell of cooking sauce.
Dennis glad sermon went well. Hope lunch went well. Hope cleaning efforts start showing soon. Nice to hear you got some rain.
Kyle we had 3+ inch rain but dry after June 4, we got .2 in July (yesterday). Glad new job good except for wear and tear on knees. Gotta love they buy new CNC mill after you leave :)
Scaredy gotta keep book keeping clients happy.
Dennis Glad you got that much rain., and tent service went well.
Randy(wag) nice rain what is dhobi day?
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,923  
Mostly very little rain ..02 in the weather station 8 miles south 2.5 inches

/ Good morning!!!! #153,924  
Spent the night at my daughters last night as I had promised I would after she got her new home. Had a good night with some of her friends arriving for a session. Had to come home about 7.30 a.m. as my wife and I had appointments for 4th alligatoritis shots. Needed sleep after I got back from Doctors and when I woke it was raining so will be doing very little today. Truck booked in tomorrow for 15,000 klm service and nothing else planned except maybe undercoat the wall in the laundry. Need to do that so we can install some new cupboards before long. New sideboard arrived while I was asleep and the guys installed it in the loungeroom. That is for the 75" TV to sit on. Originally planned to wall mount it but it is just too heavy. Hope you are all well.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,925  
m_g: Randy(wag) nice rain what is dhobi day?

dhobi = Indian (Hindu) word for washing. It's a common Navy (well, Royal Navy + the RCN/RAN/RNZN who've also borrowed it) slang word for doing laundry or having a shower or cleaning something. (laundry soap = dhobi dust)

The RN used to employ cheap civilian labour onboard their warships to do menial jobs, such as Dhobi Wallahs from India. You needed to speak pidgeon-English to communicate with them. Anyway, the term stuck... even if the ship's laundry is marked "Laundry", it's still referred to as the Dhobi.

Another 'fun' Navy word is 'punkah-louver' which refers to the ship's ventilation and the round, moveable, ventilation 'exits' throughout the ship. A small example of a punkah-louver would be those little air-jets above an airline seat. :)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,926  
a baby chick is hatching tonight ... the process should be done by morning, it looks black but is still inside the shell. hopefully more to come

/ Good morning!!!! #153,927  
Darn pup loves water and when it saw it raining he just had to make some mud. Does he look guilty?

dirty mutt.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #153,928  
2022-08-01, 0402

63° right now...high in the mid-80's

/ Good morning!!!! #153,929  
good morning all
nice to wake up to sound of gentle rain; been raining all night, soft rain, .79 on gauge which will give me a break
from watering for a few days.
It was really dry here so that rain I'm sure is entirely absorbed.
Should get to high 80's today and then three days of sun and high heat. So very glad we got this rain before it.
Then later next week a lot of stormy weather predicted, including next weekend. (fingers crossed for Ken's party)

have a long list for this morning, priority being getting through to either primary doc or endocrinologist to get them to order blood
work for me. Need to find out if sugar or cortisone/steroid level is off.
Did notice I've lost five pounds, didn't feel like eating much during that really hot weather I guess.

woke up this morning with zero symptoms of cold so think I dodged the alligators.
am thinking maybe tomorrow to go mow the graveyard again, this rain will have softened the ground just a little bit.
I promised pain doc I'd be good for two weeks and I really have.

Happy August everyone.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,930  
68 high of 87 today cloudy more showers but none here

Prayers for all our Country