Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,141  
Good morning to all! Low was?... going up to 86°, but yesterday, we surpassed the forecasted hi of 87° by 2 degrees-- hit 89°. It's 84° already at 10:30, so my guess is we'll hit close to 90°.

Still have good chances for T-storms, but I'm not holding my breath....
Ran everything on the drip system yesterday, rain would just be a bonus.

Got an early start today, we cleaned out the greenhouse, remixed some potting mix, and transplanted a couple of flower plants. There are 8 Kentucky Coffee Trees that need to be transplanted into larger containers, that may or may not happen today. Depends on how hot it gets.

Dinner menu for this evening will either be pizza or lasagna, side of stuffed bell peppers. Depends on how wore out we get.....pizza will be easier...

Have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,142  
Mostly, I forgot to mention that there is a "centurion" bike race which goes down our main road. It starts somewhere up in the city of Santa Fe, comes south about 45 miles, heads east for about 10 miles, then back up north. Plenty of hills going through the mountains.

I surely don't envy those riders......

/ Good morning!!!! #154,143  
sitting here still full from being a happy oinker at Ken's barbecue party. Pulled pork, pulled chicken, lots of cooked veggies, all from high end food truck.
And I wound up sitting next to the Heineken mini keg. Oh dear. How convenient.
Two cold glasses of beer and way too much lunch and I waddled off to see friends in Newtown.
Ken has a beautiful home back in the woods in a very nice wooded area with many colonial homes around, including London Purchase Farm close by.
I got to hear Ken's son play the drums along with a friend.
Admittedly it hurt my ears...but he clearly was having fun. Nice young man.
here's a pic of the farm you pass on the way to Ken's home.
bet it's heated with fuel oil too....whoooeeee.

Attachments

• London_Purchase_Farmhouse_PA_01.JPG
    London_Purchase_Farmhouse_PA_01.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
   / Good morning!!!! #154,144  
Millermatic 250 update:. Woohoo! I finally got a bottle of 75/25 Argon CO2, tinkered a bit on it, hooked up my cheapie new Amazon regulator, PPE, and commenced to welding. I was told it might over heat. It was 98F in barn. I wanted to see if the cooling fan would come on when it was supposed to. It did. I welded a couple of beads about 16inches long. Fan came on towards the end of the first bead so I continued. 2nd bead went well too. Fan stayed on after welding for about 5 minutes or so. Works plenty fine for me. Rusty metal, wire too had a smidge of rust. No problem, the thing is a work horse. My welding needs some practice, but I on my knees bending over doing this with no arm support.
IMG_20220806_152151065.jpg

IMG_20220806_152201039_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220806_135955603_HDR.jpg

Promax 400 amp gun. Argon was about $72. They don't have bottles to sell right now, only rent. .70 cents a day. Now that I know it works well, I will find a bottle online.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,146  
one of the things I find interesting in these old houses was how they kept warm in the winter.
Stone houses stay fairly cool in the summer, though fans are always good.
But you look at those four chimneys on that house and I'm wondering how many actual fireplaces there were 200 years ago.
Actually since it's a national historic monument, not much has been changed.
I like the wood lintel over the second floor windows in the old part. That was heavy stone and the different patterns and stone size tell a story.
I think that house was 1723. I grew up in a much more modest old farmhouse, 1720 about three miles north of this house. I have a picture of the original out house
on my office wall. One of my favorite photos. Right out the back door just in the woods.

of course then the outhouse got gentrified but I liked it better the old way.

Kyle, nice bead. You'll be finding things to do.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,147  
RNG, did I miss a post? Are you sharing your time with someone? Seems you are taking more trips and saying "we" sometimes. Just a gentle question, you can ignore me if you want to. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,148  
sitting here still full from being a happy oinker at Ken's barbecue party. Pulled pork, pulled chicken, lots of cooked veggies, all from high end food truck.
And I wound up sitting next to the Heineken mini keg. Oh dear. How convenient.
Two cold glasses of beer and way too much lunch and I waddled off to see friends in Newtown.
Ken has a beautiful home back in the woods in a very nice wooded area with many colonial homes around, including London Purchase Farm close by.
I got to hear Ken's son play the drums along with a friend.
Admittedly it hurt my ears...but he clearly was having fun. Nice young man.
here's a pic of the farm you pass on the way to Ken's home.
bet it's heated with fuel oil too....whoooeeee.
Drew, that house is beautiful. Nothing modest about it though IMHO. Couldn't imagine the value...

/ Good morning!!!! #154,149  
Drew, that house is beautiful. Nothing modest about it though IMHO. Couldn't imagine the value...
priceless in a way, on the National Historic Register. And yes I'm sure Washington slept there. We always used to joke that Washington
did NOT sleep at our house...
Value is in acreage also, not sure how big the property is, think maybe some of the land was sold off for really big homes.
We had two entirely separate oil burners in our home, on each end of basement, and the fuel oil usage was heavy. Ancient windows, gucked up with Mortite and
anything else to stop the cold air coming in. Father used to howl when he got the statement from fuel oil company and if we didn't shut the main door quickly enough it was
sure to elicit quite loudly the time worn Are You Trying To Heat All Of Bucks County? the wise did not answer but slammed the door quickly.
We burned seven cord of wood every winter, all laydown from the farm, and I grew up gathering, preparing and bringing in the firewood.
Wasn't always the best stacker. Learned to find a tree to work against on one side.
We had rows and rows of wood ready to go. I loved the smell of it all.

found this: it's really pretty

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,150  
priceless in a way, on the National Historic Register. And yes I'm sure Washington slept there. We always used to joke that Washington
did NOT sleep at our house...
Value is in acreage also, not sure how big the property is, think maybe some of the land was sold off for really big homes.
We had two entirely separate oil burners in our home, on each end of basement, and the fuel oil usage was heavy. Ancient windows, gucked up with Mortite and
anything else to stop the cold air coming in. Father used to howl when he got the statement from fuel oil company and if we didn't shut the main door quickly enough it was
sure to elicit quite loudly the time worn Are You Trying To Heat All Of Bucks County? the wise did not answer but slammed the door quickly.
We burned seven cord of wood every winter, all laydown from the farm, and I grew up gathering, preparing and bringing in the firewood.
Wasn't always the best stacker. Learned to find a tree to work against on one side.
We had rows and rows of wood ready to go. I loved the smell of it all.

found this: it's really pretty
I noticed the chimney on the far right matched the home's stone, but the other 3 were red brick.