Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,191  
Afternoon all, hot again.
Friday night we got 2.5" of rain, and it seems to clear out the clouds.
Weather was perfect for the pool party.
Drew stopped by and dropped off some well needed veggies and we shared a toast.

Good turnout considering how many people could not make it.
Some on holiday, one heart attack (he will be fine luckily) and brother with covid (he is recovering well).
Step Mom drank too much and scared my friends kids off, she is not a nice drunk.

Full setup Saturday morning due to the rain and full tear down Saturday night.
Then late night just my wife and I in the pool.

StepMom is a real nut job, but dad is happy so we just deal with the drunken outbursts.

Took them over to FenchTown NJ today and some of the leftover BBQ from yesterday for dinner.

Stay safe and be well.

Early before most people arrived
298217091_5511994495487328_618413814352850414_n.jpg

Friends I have known for many years. One on the left since Kindergarten.
298018886_5511994498820661_1181217424109217204_n.jpg

I was so busy that I did not take any pictures, like every other year.
Son played live for a bit and then did the playlist for the party.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,192  
Sorry that I missed the festivities Ken, but I did have an interesting time in Lansing, and the lead passenger was a very long time client that is more like an old friend than a customer now. It was fun catching up with him since his retirement after 50 years with his employer (who was footing the bill for this flight).

/ Good morning!!!! #154,193  
looks like the weather station overcooked in the bright afternoon sun.
Was 95 or so with high UV
fine day to stay inside
picked some pretty small tomatoes.

Attachments

• IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
   / Good morning!!!! #154,195  
BEF, sorry you missed seeing the steamboat. It must be quite the sight in person. I would like to see a steamboat and the 'big boy' train.... both in motion.
!

I just missed seeing Bigboy come thru AR last year, we were there the week before. My sister went thru Cheyenne WY last week in the afternoon, and Bigboy 4014 had left that morning for Denver.

Got back from OH this afternoon, quick shower and to a church meeting then evening worship.

I think my kitty missed me the last couple days.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,196  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low was -1.2C so there was a frost this A.M. It's currently 13C, clear and calm. The Aerodrome recorded 2.4mm of rain but I didn't detect (see/hear) any so I'll check my gauge when I go out to bring in the wood.

I've got an 'expected call' coming sometime this arvo. I have no idea what what he would like to talk about. Then I've got a Church Council meeting at 1500.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,197  
He was very lucky that her Dad was a fan ... and she let him it use it ... ;)
You might not believe this, but I rarely listened to his radio show. Usually I was working. So to me I don't necessarily associate the song to his show. I didn't post the link from that perspective.

But I do miss him too. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,198  
Didn’t get much rain @rswyan. Some thunder/lightning/ rain, but nothing too exciting. But then, after June 14th….this was just a shower…

Been hectic, my MIL passed yesterday morning after 12 days in hospice. She was a fighter. Barb was a good woman, treated me great. She will be missed. The family is holding a small service in MD, my wife doesn’t expect me to be there since our pet sitter seems to have flaked out. She will be home Wednesday evening. Haven’t seen her for 3 weeks.

Went to the BSA Rally in Ohio yesterday. I normally go for the weekend. Only comment I got was “we miss your canopy and grill”. Maybe they need to get used to that…..

Just getting some projects done, mowing, string trimming, gardening, etc……

Had a 6 month check up with my doctor this week. Since I retired,I have lost 18#’s and my BP is now 112/72. She was impressed. Told me usually it is the opposite outcome when people retire.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #154,199  
Didn’t get much rain @rswyan. Some thunder/lightning/ rain, but nothing too exciting. But then, after June 14th….this was just a shower…

Been hectic, my MIL passed yesterday morning after 12 days in hospice. She was a fighter. Barb was a good woman, treated me great. She will be missed. The family is holding a small service in MD, my wife doesn’t expect me to be there since our pet sitter seems to have flaked out. She will be home Wednesday evening. Haven’t seen her for 3 weeks.

Went to the BSA Rally in Ohio yesterday. I normally go for the weekend. Only comment I got was “we miss your canopy and grill”. Maybe they need to get used to that…..

Just getting some projects done, mowing, string trimming, gardening, etc……

Had a 6 month check up with my doctor this week. Since I retired,I have lost 18#’s and my BP is now 112/72. She was impressed. Told me usually it is the opposite outcome when people retire.

Everyone stay safe out there
Sorry about your MIL. Prayers.

BSA rally sounds fun.

Good job on weight loss and lower BP.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,200  
73F and clear @ 22:15, heading down to ... 73F ... for the overnight low ... :LOL:

Temps popped back up after the showers came through, last time I looked it was 80F but I'd guess it rose even higher after that ... before it started to cool back off.

Got driveway all graded, will need some more rain to see where any low spots are if any.

Some more screening done.

Big clean up on compost/wood lot nearly done, just a little bit of wood still to get what he couldn't get to today due to Yellowjackets:
IMG_1938 copy.jpg

IMG_1936 copy.jpg

IMG_1937 copy.jpg

He got nailed three times today on that last pile that's still left. I hit the nest twice after that with Apicide before I came in. They'll probably be mostly dead by tomorrow (hopefully)

That was the one I got into last year.

Woman did hear the Bobcat later this evening and wondered if he was still out there. Maybe have been just collecting attachments.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It needs to dry out some before I can finish raking and box blading it.

After that I may till it and sow it with a forage crop for the deer.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday ... (y)

Last edited: