Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,431  
fun email from owner of Rivian truck who just gave me a ride. I asked him how many g's it pulls on full acceleration.
0-60 in 3 seconds is apparently .95G
That buggar is quick! I looked at the Car and Driver writeup and it says the curbweight is over 7000lbs. Wow! For reference, a Ford F 150 is less than 5000lbs. So I'm amazed that with all the extra weight, that it is so fast. Impressed. I hope it serves him well. I have seen one drive past me, and I wondered what kind of vehicle is that with those funny lights?

Maybe I'm late to the news, but I see TopNewsTalk is shut down.

Condolences Rs for your friend and neighbor.

We're having a combined church service today and then a baby shower for one of our friends afterwards. Wifey made chicken spaghetti and Nestle's Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies.

I took the son for a quick road trip to San Marcos, to jump in the 70F cool spring river water. It is down about 14" from normal, as the aquifer is suffering from lack of rain. Still felt great at close to 100F air temp. A thunder storm passed a couple miles south of us while there. I was looking at MyRadar app to keep an eye on it....just got some wind. We stopped at a deli known for good food and free ice cream cones.....only to find out after we ordered the ice cream machine was broken. Stopped later at Whataburger and got us a couple of Dr. Pepper shakes.

The new job is going good. Things had been mostly unattended since the alligator problem. The time flies by, because I'm playing wac-a-mole with 2 hammers. Much of the equipment is in need of replacement, but I'm trying to patch it up. So much to get done in about 6 more working days. My cnc mill proposal has gotten kudos, but the head guy wrote me he's not sure he can fit it in the budget but will try.

Hope all have a blessed day, and prayers for our team.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,432  
Good morning! Walked outside and I felt nothing, absolutely nothing. No heat no cold no wind. That means it is a perfect 72˚ with high humidity and the heat index is also 72˚, and it was. Cloudless sky heading to the upper 90s but then back to the 100s, however it looks like after Wednesday the temps will only be in the upper 90s for several days in a row. It would be nice to get rid of the 100s for the rest of the year, we will see.

Our total rain fall for August is 0", for July it was .06" and for June .7" so our Summer total is 3/4", with almost every day in the 100s.

Went to Mom's yesterday and threw a downed tree limb out of the yard and thought the cows were going to stampede to get to the green leaves. They have run out of grass and have eaten the dry grass to the ground. They still look healthy, the owner is feeding them several times a week, any profits are slowly disappearing. The only farms making money during the drought are "adventure" farms.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,433  
54F clear sky 80 for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Watch the siblings bears from the deck last evening playing for while,than they lay down one lean against the other fell sleep. :)

Plans for today...haven't decided yet.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,434  
59 this morning getting very cloudy rain coming late afternoon. Slept very well last night

First order of business pick up medicine from Walmart maybe weed eat no animal sightings this morning

Hope PJ is doing well miss his posts

Prayers for Toppop, Alien and wife, Kyle and family all others silent or spoken our spoken.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,435  
2022-08-14, 0926

60° right now...high in the high 70's

No plans today...

/ Good morning!!!! #154,436  
Good Morning!!!! 68F @ 6:00AM. Sunny. High 101F. Winds light and variable.
An Excessive Heat Watch will go into effect from 11 AM PDT Tuesday through 8 PM PDT Friday. We'll see triple digits for highs, not unusual for August, but the lows will stay in the 70s, so not much cooling off overnight. The A/C's gonna get a real workout, but the humidity won't get super low, and the winds will remain calm, so not much chance they'll call a Red Flag Warning, too.

It's surprising how few people check the image quality of their security cameras, Paul. They find out too late, like after a break in, that the images they've recorded aren't good enough to help law enforcement identify the culprit(s). 4K makes a heck of an improvement, but it sure eats up bandwidth and storage space...

Looks like I better make filling up the hummer feeders job #1 this morning. They're knocking each other off the feeder outside the bedroom slider, a pretty good sign the other three feeders are empty.

I was able to get the generator running off propane yesterday, but it took a while to figure out why I'd stopped in mid conversion sometime last year. The kit comes with a little donut ring that fits between the carb and air cleaner, that feeds the propane to the engine. The donut is a half inch thick, and that moves the airbox another half inch from the carb. There's a short rubber ring between the airbox inlet and the filter box, just barely enough to accomodate the location shift. I spent a lot of time trying to get the pieces to fit better, but short of replacing the oiled foam filter Honda designed with a crappy K&N, I guess I'll have to settle for half-a$$ed on this one.

I did get a nice siesta in after lunch, long enough that it was too hot out to test the welder out on the generator. So that's second on the list for this morning.

I did find a little tutorial on repairing the broken wires on a set of earbuds, and got one pair fixed. Felt like a brain surgeon with the big magnifiers and Xacto knife operating on those tiny wires. The new Shure buds I tried out last weekend don't sound as good, and they're down right painful after a few hours under a helmet. They don't make the old buds anymore, but I was able to find one outfit selling new old stock. Ordered a pair to have on hand in case the repair doesn't hold up, and will likely order another set just in case.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,438  
Morning all, chilly 60's when I walked the dog, going up to 83.

RNG - I was in Doylestown last night where that "adventure" farm is located. Never been there though.

Got some wood split, some weeds wacked and a bunch of other stuff done in the queue.

My Game cam wasn't working. Seems it had too many pictures in the picture folder. Moved the folder and all good. Had to clean it out as ants had gotten in somehow.

Off to Philly today- sons friend playing at Hard Rock Cafe where they have a "future Stars" show for new bands in the area.
Can't wait to see how much parking costs. That city does everything they can to slow down tourism and new business.

Stay safe and be well.

20220813_122714.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #154,439  
68°F and .01 inches rain.

Happy Sunday.

The boys AirTag collars a bit disappointing. Lose track of them before the even get to the fence. Those happy with them must have city dogs and live in apartments. At least the collars look good.

Should get the interior mowing finished today with the scag. The pool area, around the bananas, up to the cottage. Basically all areas where the BX 60in deck is just too big.

I’ll give the BX an extra good cleaning, blow out all the clippings in those hard to get to areas in prep for servicing tomorrow. While tempted to just do myself, I opted for dealer to perform this initial/50 hr maintenance. Much more expensive that’s for sure. Need to seriously consider getting the right trailer.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #154,440  
The boys AirTag collars a bit disappointing. Lose track of them before the even get to the fence. Those happy with them must have city dogs and live in apartments. At least the collars look good.
Looks like AirTag range is limited to 33 feet, the distance commonly associated with Bluetooth devices. But if the AirTag is within that distance of an AirTag capable Apple device, the AirTag's position will be relayed to you via the FindMy app. That's an advantage in congested areas like an airport or grocery store, but probably not so much on your farm or ranch. The article mentions other Bluetooth trackers with considerably more range, but they may or may not be Apple compatible...