Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,532  
good morning all.

Phil, I'd sit in that nice clean tractor just smiling and wonder what adventure I can get into.

weather forecast is not helping. Church caretaker said oops, left out right paint for me, but..........50 percent chance of showers this afternoon.
That would leave me about 2-3 hours of drying time for exterior latex enamel. Not sure that's enough time; wouldn't be for oil paint.
Next two days are hot and dry, so I have a plan B. Then forecast shows a whole week of stormy summer weather coming.
think I'm going to leave early and get it done this morning. Then I can really scrub these hands and get the white paint off. Kilz exterior primer doesn't wash
off so easily. which for a primer is actually a good thing...

A new CNC machine, for a machinist that has to be exciting. Does its software package provide new features?
I wonder how tolerances are for today's machines vs 30 years ago.
some fine memories of sitting at a drafting table learning mechanical drawing.

Alien, hope your wife is doing better. I read somewhere alignment can get screwed up loading and unloading on the new car carriers.
that may just be an alignment shop marketing pitch...
I usually get car/truck aligned when I put on a new set of tires, particularly if never aligned before.
if you spend the extra money to get really good tires, at least one alignment makes sense to me.
Otherwise, unless you hit a curb or whack something, should take a long time for alignment to go out.
maybe some vehicles are more prone to this

/ Good morning!!!! #154,533  
Good morning! Oh my, 79˚F, this warm this early means a scorching day and we will most likely hit the pedicted 103˚.

Yep Roy, time for an x-ray to see the damage especially if it hurts to laugh. Hoping for the best.

My water softener is causing me grief, apparently the last plumber in 2016 (pervious owners) installed a well water water softener and did not put a pressure reducer in. The insides and seals are starting to crumble because of the chlorine treated water and it needs to be replaced with a city water water softener. Hopefully all work will be done today along with replacing an occasional leaking shutoff valve in my plumbing. There is a new rider on my home owners insurance that covers appliances and I will call today to see if this meets their definition of coverage - with a $500 deductible. The new water softener is also a whole house water filter that gets cleaned during the regeneration cycle every week.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,534  
64 high of 78 today nice day I hope

Hope you get the rain Mostly she is moving along better thanks for asking

Prayers for all Alien and his wife, Toppop, Roy and ribs, Kyle and his family, Kenmbz and family, all others silent or spoken our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,535  
Don. Good luck. I doubt it. Most plumbing damage requires sudden or accidental leakage. Long term corrosion or "crumbling" is usually not covered.
And usually the coverage is for damage caused by leakage, not damage to the unit itself. For example, if that unit had a three year warranty and leaked, then
the responsibility shifts to manufacturer, not homeowner, unless some other consequential damage occurred.
Maybe that endorsement gave back a small amount of coverage, just to make folks happy.
The big print is easy.
The little print taketh away. And there are plenty of exclusions, many unique to a particular state.

Ken, hope you have a very good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,537  
Morning all, 66 going up to 83.
worked on bicycle and looking to see where I want to place the new bench left over from milling.

Roy - get checked and feel better.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,538  
57 feels so good...gorgeous sunrise today...and later 81 will feel good.

Roy, sorry you're still hurting. Maybe it is a rib.

I'm catching up, so just read some older posts...like Kyle's 1972 vs. 2022 chart...my wife and I got a good laugh...and congrats on the CNC mill.

BEF, your shed is looking good, and your dad looks happy on that tractor. Lunch on the mountain sounds good.

WAG, enjoy your parade tomorrow (or is it already tomorrow there?).

Mostly, hope your Mexican restaurant reopens soon...I know how you feel. My wife and I have been watching some Andrew Zimmern Bizarre Foods episodes, and have really enjoyed seeing the Tex-Mex prepared in Austin, Dallas, El Paso, and even Houston.

Alien, sorry about your kookaburra...have you ever tried using hawk silhouette stickers on your windows? We have some that are clear, but supposedly are quite visible to birds...our window crashes are significantly reduced. Isn't saying kookaburra fun?

Pop, that's an expensive prop. Hope it was okay.

I've been doing the usual mowing and mountain hiking...finished the A/T in the north district of the Shenandoah, and much of the central and south districts, which I'm working on now, along with some other areas. I tried 2 long hikes with just one day of rest in between...probably won't do that again.

Finished my new firewood pallet, loaded it up with wood I split, and moved it to its new resting spot with the others, ready for October.

The phone tech came in yesterday, but all he did was swap out our router/modem, and tell me some things I have reason to doubt. I figured out how to log into the modem after he left, and could clearly see the line status was poor. This is what I had told him was the problem, but he disagreed. So, still slower than it used to be.

Texas, hope you get some rain.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,539  
Good Morning
70 going to 80 today.

Yesterday was a good day, made decent progress cleaning up and throwing away things that I probably shouldn’t have saved in the first place. Got replacement propane tank monitor installed and set up. Cleaned up grill and cooked lunch on it. Ordered a urethane garden hose from Eley for wife to use in the barn, she is hard on them, hopefully this one will hold up.

Today might be the day to get to work on the biplane before the season is over. The general rule is the temperature has to be over my age to fly it. Not much else planned, but something always comes up.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,540  
Good Morning!!!! 81F @ 5:45AM. A mix of clouds and sun. Near record high temperatures. High near 105F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Like Don's temp, if it's already this warm, this afternoon is gonna be another scorcher. Yesterday's high was 104F, but at least it's a dry heat at 10% when the heat peaks. So far the wind has been gentle, otherwise we'd be under another Red Flag.

I haven't had much luck with rain and latex paint, Drew. Softens up and wrinkles like a prune if it doesn't get enough drying time. I think that Killz will come off better with denatured alcohol.

Those crates looked pretty impressive, Paul, but an idiot with a fork lift can do a lot of damage. I know because I'm one...😳😂

That's good news on the new mill, Kyle. Nice to see your new employer putting faith in you with that big investment. No pressure there, huh?😳👍🏻

Have you considered one of the new salt less water conditioners, Don? I always thought they were snake oil, but I see now the local Culligan franchise is selling them, too.

I was relieved to find 75 DC volts on the land line phone wires where I'd dug them up yesterday, and was able to make enough connections to hear a dial tone again. Sound quality was awful compared to a wireless call over the cellular network, but all the cell towers went out in the last fire sooner than all the telephone poles burned down. Belt and suspenders, even though that probably still isn't enough. Maybe WiFi calling over Starlink will still work? I'll have to give that a go sometime.

Speaking of fire, a chain of lightning complex fires northwest of here has been filtering smoke this way, and I noticed that the air monitors had gone offline during the network shakeup. Cycled power to each one and have them back now, and while air quality outside isn't unhealthy yet, I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Another security camera came in yesterday, so today I'll see if I can make enough new Ethernet connections to get it running up at the gate. It's a run of over 1300', and uses a pair of boosters, so we'll see. I've set a lot of dominoes in place to pull it off, so there's no guarantee it'll work. Especially in this hot weather. I touched an Ethernet switch out in the pumphouse yesterday, and could only hold onto it for a few seconds before I had to let go. That can't be good for the electronics.

I noticed last night that somebody in the neighborhood is running a pair of propane cannons again. I don't notice them during the daylight hours, but they run all night, too. Not good for a good night's sleep.

Happy Hump Day. Friday can't come soon enough this week!