Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,091  
Before the gutters went up here, RS, rain dripping off the eves would dig a trench line in the soil. And run down your neck as you passed under.

Good points ... (y)

Fortunately here almost all of the drip edge has some sort of pavement under it (either asphalt or concrete.

Only place that really doesn't is the east end of the front, where there are several large Japanese yews, which will eventually come out and a little bit of in front of the kitchen window in the entryway.

We'll deal with it running down our necks until we get them back up I guess.

Glad to hear that the oil pump looked good and there was no scoring or contamination ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #155,092  
don't think you can let it drip on plain soil, will erode as rng says, and I've found mulch at peril in such an arrangement when a gutter clogged and it all ran down below.
The best thing is to have some water loving plants underneath. Solid line of them at drip line. Or put gutters on and have a rain barrel.

ding, appointment confirmed at Popgadget's Garage. Off to load the trailer and Gravely.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,093  
Morning, thunder and rain did not make their forecasted appearance yesterday.

Mostly - bad news on the wasps- they do seem to figure out where to nest based on inconvenience.

Going to be hot today. Just watched tv all day yesterday, haven't done that in a loooong time.

Gotta set up a business trip to London for a few weeks from now.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,094  
Good Morning
It’s a foggy 72 going to 90 after it burns off.

Yesterday youngest son came to visit and help in the barn while his mom is on the disabled list, although she is doing pretty well.

Spent some time trying to recover the hard drive from a friends laptop, no success yet, but I haven’t given up. Got some fresh corn for dinner, put my feet up early.

This morning Drew is bringing his Gravely over after I finish my bowl of Special K. Not sure what I’ll get into after that.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,095  
40267A76-BDDE-4DB7-9392-50F2747EE1CE.jpeg
Busy day yesterday replacing fuel pump in youngest sons pickup. Always seems to be a hot day when repairs are needed.
9D690FB3-4FAA-4ADE-9013-4031B9FF5140.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #155,096  
that's nasty looking for sure
waiting for friend Bill to show up, who is going to ride shotgun this morning.
After all, it is his Gravely. Sort of. I left it to him in my will and due to unforseen events, he got possession early.
To everyone's satisfaction. And he has done a lot of work on this machine. Have a pic of him back in 2010 working on carb of old Kohler KT19 in it.

mower all loaded, just sitting and trying to stop sweating. Sticky out.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,097  
Today I will finish welding in a ring on the smoker tophat for the smoke stack so it can be taken off and on very easily. Fabricated the ring from some scrap bar stock with hammer and anvil. Amazing how a simple process like that can make a perfectly round ring. So welding the ring together the wire feed welder ran of shielding gas. Next using the oxy/gas welder the oxygen regulator was leaking. Went to stick welding as last option but as you can see stick welding thin material is not that pretty.

IMG_0974.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #155,098  
Picked up a refilled bottle of argon shielding gas and just got the oxygen regulator back from a rebuild service. All is well againIMG_0938.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #155,099  
72°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 92° today. More storms predicted for later today.

Rain. We got some of that glorious rain yesterday. A fair amount of lightning and thunder came with it, but the rain was never heavy. Just good rainfall for about an hour or so. We'll take it. Hoping for more this evening.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,100  
67°F and no rain

Got 5+ hours seat time with the flail yesterday. Slow going, but productive. That extra couple weeks waiting for my bracket didn’t bode well, too much growth. Still need another 3-4 hours to finish that area then my outside areas will be caught up again.

Hard to believe Aug is nearly pau.

Eyeing the possibility of roofing over more of the tractor shed area, specifically some of the concreted area in the rear. This would allow some major reorganization. Very tempting with increasing likelihood of becoming a project. Already playing with the drawing. And it was Sophie’s idea. no rush

Zoom Happy Hour later

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day