Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,271  
Good Morning!!!! 58@5:00AM. Partly to mostly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 75F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Good to hear the race bike is running now, Rich. Hope you've found and removed all the dragon eggs.

Just a few scattered rain drops on yesterday's ride home, and a few miles of wet roads in the mountains above Weed, CA. Very chilly, enough that all the heaters were on full blast again. That's when I noticed the volt meter reading 12.1 V, telling me that the alternator wasn't keeping up with the loads. Turned off the heated grips and jacket, got too cold again, turned them back on and the alternator decided to keep up somehow. Still scratching my head over that one.

Otherwise, made it home to find new ruts in the driveway, so the land plane will get some work today. And I'll get some gravel spread and packed down into the softer driveway, hopefully to better resist the next rain storm. The 10-day forecast is showing no rain, with high temps back into the 90s. So last week's weather was a Fall preview, and summer is still hanging on here.

Reviewed security cam video and now have a skunk coming up to the front door. Also at the front gate, along the driveway, and outside the pump house. Today we'll see if it likes cat food in the live trap.

Happy Hump Day, folks!
This reminds me of my motorcycle trips in my youth driving all over Europe. I was always trying to get more output out of the engines. Watching the mechanics at a nearby race track tuning for more HP. So changed them for more compression, modified intakes and cam and then tried it out on mountain driving hairpin turns for acceleration.
The bike not charging was not a problem because most had magneto ignition that did not require a generator for it to work

/ Good morning!!!! #156,272  
Good morning! 73 now, predicted to get to 86 today. And possible strong storms later. Then a cool off is coming.

I found a leak on the race bike where the crank position sensor wires come out of the cases. The wires were pulled tight with a very stiff aftermarket loom over it. Fixed that and added sealant to the wires/grommet. May test it today. Used Holley EFI split loom on the wires. Nice stuff.

Finally worked on the back up Craftsman garden tractor. Front end is rebuilt, rattling exhaust is fixed. Blade PTO would intermittently work, fixed that, won’t work at all now :rolleyes:. Switch seems to have an issue, ordered one.

I remember Sears quite well. We had a catalogue store for years, finally got a full store. Appliances, tools, lawn & garden equipment, etc. we’re bought there. The catalogues were awesome as a kid. My initial hand tools were “Challenger” brand (Proto budget line) with a few Craftsman mixed in. I still have most of those tools.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #156,273  
70°F and 0 rain

Back to regular programming today. Still have to make that shopping trip but will include a stop at the Brewery. Need to stop by the PO as well. Catchment evaluation team scheduled to change out our carbon filter and collect more samples. Dinner later this afternoon at neighbors. No special occasion other than sort of a thank you for hosting her birthday party last week.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #156,275  
64F cloudy rain slowly strolling in during early AM on first day of autumn...my favorite season out of 5.

Short work day (y) follow by 2 critter food stops for goodies,gave 1 of kitten good combing :oops: other kitten high tail it to hiding spot even snuck in good nap :) BBQing hot sausages on the grill with all the fixings later on sharing some French vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,276  
She finally sleeping. She’s been active all morning.
IMG_6284.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #156,278  
Yep, Sears, formerly called Sears Roebuck and sometimes called Sears Rareback is almost a thing of the past, just as Montgomery Ward, also called Monkey Ward in my younger days and gone now. Those two were the big department stores of my younger days.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,280  
YEP, all my clothes as a kid until I was in high school all came from Sears..
back when our jeans used to be called dungarees. A term I haven't heard in a while, so I had to look it up:

It derives from a Hindi word, "dugri," denoting a heavy, coarse and durable cotton twill woven from colored yarns. "Dungaree" eventually came to refer specifically to blue denim, and trousers made from blue denim have been called "dungarees" since the late 1800s.